Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Post a picture of your car here, part 3 (Quote A Photo, GET A 24 HOUR BAN!!!)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Looks class! Well wear!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

the green surprisingly suits it. best of look with it. it looks to be a cracker. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,218 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Mister Man wrote: »
    As promised - A few pictures of her. Just gave her a wash and polish. Need to get the hover out now and clean up the inside. It was perfect and clean inside when I bought it, but i've somehow manged to undo that inside the week.

I have an BMW cd ("business" I think??) unit and 6 disc changer if you want to get rid of the Pioneer one. Nice car.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭rizzee

Just put on some door protectors

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

I have an BMW cd ("business" I think??) unit and 6 disc changer if you want to get rid of the Pioneer one. Nice car.

Any idea if the CD changer will fit an E92?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

Can't upload it, it's too big :(

YbFocus wrote: »
    I'm not spending any more time cleaning it, there ya go. Done for tomorrow!

Jaysus it's very white! DId you wash the paint off and strip it down to the primer??? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

Don't know why that failed :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,218 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Any idea if the CD changer will fit an E92?

No idea. I never used it as the first thing I did when i got the car was put a Dynavin in.

Will get the model number for you in the morning and it should be easy to find out then.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,931 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

@Mister Man: Hate to piss in your cornflakes, but you may want to give that car a very thorough inspection. Someone's stuck the instrument cluster from a petrol in it. Diesel one has the redline at 4.5k, and only goes to 6K.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

@Mister Man: Hate to piss in your cornflakes, but you may want to give that car a very thorough inspection. Someone's stuck the instrument cluster from a petrol in it. Diesel one has the redline at 4.5k, and only goes to 6K.

Nice spot dude! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

hard to see from the pic but shouldn't it have diesel written in by the fuel gauge as well.

JohnBoy26 wrote: »
    hard to see from the pic but shouldn't it have diesel written in by the fuel gauge as well.

Yup, you're right. Confirmed by walking outside and checking my own 320Cd

It's definitely not there in those pics though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,193 ✭✭✭Cleveland Hot Pocket

Or just stuck a "d" badge on the back :P

Nah, I motorchecked the reg first, it's a 320d alright. :p

There is absolutely no reason within the realm of sanity why someone would stick a d badge on a petrol :pac:

After a long day's detailing:

rqj4.jpg

9xvn.jpg

p466.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,607 ✭✭✭toastedpickles

Looking good! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Mister Man

You have my bricking it now :(
    What should I be on the look out for? Could it simply be the old clock wasn't working on it, and was replaced? Or is it more likely to be something else?
    I've had her since last weekend and it's already gone from Carlow to Cork and back again along with several trips in and out of town/college/work.
    Everything seem's fine on her.
    I'll drop it into a mechanic during the week, and see if he notices anything.

On another note - I decided to take the Civic. It's a real boy-racer job. Going to run it through the NCT and see what needs doing on her. Have a new cat box ordered for her already so slot that in before hand. Expect pictures tomorrow. She also needs a good scrub before hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,193 ✭✭✭Cleveland Hot Pocket

There is absolutely no reason within the realm of sanity why someone would stick a d badge on a petrol :pac:

Ah but sure this is Ireland, land of the felter and the RS4 TDI, surely it works cross-fuel too :P

• Advertisement

Ah jaysus cm, the lad's first post here and you took a dump on his alpen!

What should I be on the look out for? Could it simply be the old clock wasn't working on it, and was replaced? Or is it more likely to be something else?

I'll be honest, I've absolutely no idea. First thing I'd be doing is verifying the milage. If you walk into any BMW dealership, and ask can you have the key read (milage and other things stored on the key - should be free) then check with whats on the clocks.

If you intend on keeping it for a while, first job you need to get done is blank the swirl flaps. Then I'd suggest an EGR clean. Have your mechanic check the rear springs, they're prone to snap in e46's anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Did the 138bhp suffer from swirl flaps too?

Also its an import so a cartell (cheap because its over 8 years) would be the first port of call.

Did the 138bhp suffer from swirl flaps too?

Also its an import so a cartell (cheap because its over 8 years) would be the first port of call.

I don't think they were as bad, but it's not something I'd be willing to chance at all. Any sort of catastrophic engine failure that can be prevented, jump at the chance tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,088 ✭✭✭sean1141

DSC_0004_zps5a785ed6.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Top Dog

New (part-worn) tyres fitted Friday. Once it was back on all 4 we realised it'd be grand - in a straight line! :eek:

So had to drive home looking like a dragster with standard wheels/tyres on the front until I could have a proper look yesterday. Got the bumper off, gently encouraged the lower mounting brackets into a new position :D and now have 305-70-16's fitted with no fouling :cool:

275632.png

275631.png

275630.png

If I'm honest though, I really don't think I can live with them everyday. The noise is pretty intrusive and the extra weight means the torque-converter is finding it a struggle to lock-up. So these will probably be saved for off-road playing as soon as I can source another set of wheels or tyres for everyday use.

Looks mental in the meantime though :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 73,382 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Will your suspension travel not be compromised now?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Top Dog

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Will your suspension travel not be compromised now?
    Hitting the forest in a while so will answer that later ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,615 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

My current jammer

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭Kaiser D

I've graced these forums long enough to show off.

My daily driver:
    10005815994_b8df90e48f_c.jpg
    10005843835_8eb35364f7_c.jpg

My ex-daily driver; now just a spare car. My ex-first car.
    10253055245_0f7e8a4b18_c.jpg
    10253062635_ae9739fef6_c.jpg
    10253181333_0baf7c912b_c.jpg
    10253080325_e662c4f689_c.jpg

And the recently acquired:
    9162642258_f43c1b88ed_c.jpg
    9160419991_5becb7d019_c.jpg
    9160420307_a48166fbd5_c.jpg
    9160418943_9baf2cbe32_c.jpg
    9166349245_0d1c01b95a_c.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement