Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Stove with Back boiler or not

• 22-02-2015 12:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

Hi, Can anyone give me some advice. We have to totally re-plumb our house. I like to light a fire in living room but currently inherited a very poor gas one which we will remove I'm considering a stove with back boiler. I want to heat 8 radiators downstairs and also have heat from the stove to the living room. We have a further 7 radiators upstairs but I'd use the gas central heating for them as only need heat in early morning and before bedtime.. We're looking at getting solar panels to heat the water so I won't need the back boiler to do this. However,I don't want to spend my day shovelling coal and logs so I'm also thinking that a stove without a back boiler may be more suitable for. I don't have access to free solid fuel. The house is used during the day. We're getting external insulation also. So basically my question is would it be economical for me to get stove/backboiler or would stove alone suffice and any recommendations of suitable stove would be appreciated. Thanks.

Comments

Advertisement