Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

flesh and blood

• 10-04-2008 11:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭

Anyone seen this Paul Verhoevan film lately? I just found out it is available on dvd and am awaiting its arrival. I seen it probably about 15 years ago and loved it! I fear it will be a bit dated now..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Never seen it, must check it out as his movies are usually very entertaining (Showgirls not included! though it's not without it's interesting bits! :))

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

all I remember is a young Jennifer Jason Leigh naked throughout the whole movie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 435 ✭✭The Denouncer

Quite fond of this movie - there's Rutger and Brion from Blade Runner, theres the Nazi dude who burns his hand in Raiders of the Lost Ark, theres a very baby faced Jennifer Jason leigh shedding clothes at every opportunity. The Basil Poledouris score is suitably medieval. I watched it recently however and didn't think it was so good, the plotting isn't great and it has a nasty atmosphere and some ropey acting moments "you're babbling on about seedlings!". Overall well worth a watch but not the best thing Verhoeven ever did.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

It was Verheovens first english langauage pic I think, MGM (if you have it) show Spetters every now and again but in Dutch! Doh.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Cork boy 55

mike65 wrote: »
    It was Verheovens first english langauage pic I think, MGM (if you have it) show Spetters every now and again but in Dutch! Doh.

Mike.

Seen it sunday night on MGM repeat

not a bad show well worth a watch, a bit cartoony but maybe thats the way people lived when you had a average life expectancy of 30.

Jennifer Jason Leigh :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Paddy Samurai

Loved it ,when I first seen it.Have it on DVD and while its still worth a watch it has'nt dated well IMO.Nowdays when I watch it, it has a TV film feel for me.

Jennifer Jason Leigh
    Anyone remember her in Last Exit to Brooklyn,all I remember was it was a pretty bleak film.The gang rape scene was disturbing at the time.have'nt seen it in years ,so don't know if the film's stood the test of time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭bullvine

It does be on MGM but its very bad quality, I'd be interested to know what the transfer to DVD is like. Its still a great movie in my opinion, typical verhoeven though, some of the scenes are bit extreme. Love the Nazi dude from Raiders, great actor!

Advertisement