Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Deals & Voucher Codes

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

List price €42! :eek:

They should only be €18 for a box. Though at 2 for 1 thats not a bad deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,495 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

List price €42! :eek:

They should only be €18 for a box. Though at 2 for 1 thats not a bad deal.
    They taste like sh1t, so they're bad value at any price. ;)

Amazon selling the Forerunner 410 + HRM for £135 again (free postage, however, price in basket will increase slightly for Irish VAT rate).

*Edit*: Actual price (including Irish VAT rate): £138.71 (or €158.61 of your earth Eurons).

*Edit* *Edit*: The Forerunner 405cx + HRM is £120 (probably around €140 delivered).

• Registered Users Posts: 12,845 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Amazon selling the Forerunner 410 + HRM for £135 again (free postage, however, price in basket will increase slightly for Irish VAT rate).

*Edit*: Actual price (including Irish VAT rate): £138.71 (or €158.61 of your earth Eurons).

Just in case some people dont know this, if your office uses a uk portal for its internet you wont pay the higher vat. Also think if you use parcel motel to the north, you wont pay the higher vat but could be wrong.

Just in case some people dont know this, if your office uses a uk portal for its internet you wont pay the higher vat. Also think if you use parcel motel to the north, you wont pay the higher vat but could be wrong.
    The VAT difference is £3.71 (€4.24). Parcel motel costs €3.50, so you can save yourself €0.74. Throw in the petrol money to drive to your local parcel motel and I call it a draw. The satisfaction of having it signed and delivered to your place of work? I'd go for that option.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭claralara

*Edit* *Edit*: The Forerunner 405cx + HRM is £120 (probably around €140 delivered).

my garmin 110 is on its last legs after over 2 years of trustworthy abuse taking. All i really want in something new is a HRM and the ability to see lap pace as well as overall average - would you recommend an impulse buy of either of the above?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭pistol_75

claralara wrote: »
    my garmin 110 is on its last legs after over 2 years of trustworthy abuse taking. All i really want in something new is a HRM and the ability to see lap pace as well as overall average - would you recommend an impulse buy of either of the above?

I can deffo recommend the 410 CL. Go'wan Go'wan

• Registered Users Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭belcarra

I've a link to a 310XT for €155 about 2 pages back up in the garmin megathread (Post 2226).
    Worth considering also.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,606 ✭✭✭RedRunner

pistol_75 wrote: »
    I can deffo recommend the 410 CL. Go'wan Go'wan

Me too. Got one recently after having a 110 and I really like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,079 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

The VAT difference is £3.71 (€4.24). Parcel motel costs €3.50, so you can save yourself €0.74. Throw in the petrol money to drive to your local parcel motel and I call it a draw. The satisfaction of having it signed and delivered to your place of work? I'd go for that option.

1st 2 parcel motel stays are free.

• Advertisement

claralara wrote: »

Belcarra's 310 is a better deal and has a significantly better battery life, but you'd have to buy the HRM separately. You should also try one on first, as it's a pretty chunky watch and may not suit. The 4xx watches should fit fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭digger2d2

Belcarra's 310 is a better deal and has a significantly better battery life, but you'd have to buy the HRM separately. You should also try one on first, as it's a pretty chunky watch and may not suit. The 4xx watches should fit fine.

That is a good deal, I think the 310 was nearly €400 when I bought my 305 a few years ago. CL, you have the HRM Strap already and on the wrist there shouldn't be too much difference between the 310xt and mine which you've worn.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

$1 off roadid.com order with code: ThanksBarry24532974

Had to replace my fixx id I had with them so got it in a e-mail yesterday, through using a few different coupons I managed to get $6 off my order :D

belcarra wrote: »
    I've a link to a 310XT for €155 about 2 pages back up in the garmin megathread (Post 2226).
    Worth considering also.

Went to order two of these (his 'n' hers ;)) but by the time V.A.T. and delivery to Ireland is included they are €195 each... Probably still a very good price, what do you guys think?

digger2d2 wrote: »

Went to order two of these (his 'n' hers ;)) but by the time V.A.T. and delivery to Ireland is included they are €195 each... Probably still a very good price, what do you guys think?
    Remind me again, is this from a UK supplier? If so 'parcel motel' it.

belcarra wrote: »
    Remind me again, is this from a UK supplier? If so 'parcel motel' it.

Yeh John, UK supplier but not free delivery for the UK so would parcel motel be a non runner?

digger2d2 wrote: »

Yeh John, UK supplier but not free delivery for the UK so would parcel motel be a non runner?
    Ahh, perhaps not...check the t's & c's of the offer to be sure.

Bit of running gear in Lidl next Thurs

Socks - normally good.
    Runners - hmmmmm
    Shorts/Tops can be hit and miss - check the sizing
    HRM - I'll grab my coat before that debate starts
    Glasses - maybe ok for running, not on the bike

• Registered Users Posts: 5,135 ✭✭✭rom

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭iamjenko

rom wrote: »

Great bargains there! Picked up two pairs, incl delivery for €47! Nice wan!! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭jeffontour

iamjenko wrote: »
    Great bargains there! Picked up two pairs, incl delivery for €47! Nice wan!! :)

Can't argue can you? Although I got two pairs for 41, you're obviously a big spender. :)

£41 = €47! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭jeffontour

iamjenko wrote: »
    £41 = €47! ;)

I changed the currency to yoyos and was charged 41 Euro. Invoice says Euro as well, so I'm off to find the cheesiest smilie I can. :D

Delivery charge was only one Euro!

jeffontour wrote: »

I changed the currency to yoyos and was charged 41 Euro. Invoice says Euro as well, so I'm off to find the cheesiest smilie I can. :D

Delivery charge was only one Euro!

Haha, good work! My invoice is in sterling, £41! Great delivery price!

Small selection of running clobber in Aldi this Thurs: http://www.aldi.ie/ie/html/offers/offers_week14Thursday13.htm

Flash sale on Inov-8 on Sport Pursuit.
    Good selection of the outgoing range at £39.
    Caveat I've ordered with these before, check the end date of sale and then allow 7-10 days, delivery was £5.

Just an FYI I picked up an FR60 on Handtec for £20 (no HRM) , it's not GPS, but works off the footpod and HRM.
    Cheap daytime watch with HR functionality nonetheless, with 1yr battery life.
    http://www.handtec.co.uk/garmin-fr60-black-mens-watch-only.html

BeepBeep67 wrote: »
    Just an FYI I picked up an FR60 on Handtec for £20 (no HRM) , it's not GPS, but works off the footpod and HRM.
    Cheap daytime watch with HR functionality nonetheless, with 1yr battery life.
    http://www.handtec.co.uk/garmin-fr60-black-mens-watch-only.html
    Did you get it? I take it, it doesn't actually come with a footpod or ANT+ USB stick? Still a bargain for anyone who may have these accessories lying around.

• Advertisement

Yep came today. Just the naked watch I've enough accessories to shake a stick at :)

Advertisement