Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ze Bulli

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

canada/ireland is a pretty huge mistake though, it's not like the two are similar at all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

That's what baffles me! I checked the address and Bulli checked it too so looks like ze post in Germany fecked up. Hopefully it's on it's return journey around the world.....just hope it doesn't get 'lost' in some purgatory for post.....

well if it was scanned in Canada a few days ago you should get it early next week. post generally only takes a week or so from them. and I had a package take friday-monday from Canada before so there's always hope

Yahoo...............finally arrived.

Lovely piece of kit with the drip tip adaptor and the drip tip. Really impressed.

Just threw in a coil and wick without the cartridge and it's outstanding. I had to bore a hole with the downgrade kit that I got before and it never really performed for me but this is really outstanding. Vaping White Label Cliodhna and the minty background is really jumping out.

One question: When you put the cart in place does it tend to pull the loops of wick over the air hole? That used to happen with the home made one tha I used before but maybe my wick is too long?

This works great as a dripper but...............it's not so good with the carts. Just tastes a little muted and I'm not altogether sure that the Cliodnah is wicking well. Might try it with a different juice but dripping looks like it will be the way to go with it.........

• Advertisement

well from what derra always said, and what I noticed the very few times I tried the carts was yeah it did suck a little flavour out

there's that wonderfoam stuff some dude over on ukvapers had recently, supposed to wick very very well without taking away any of the flavour. was only a short term sale for some charity auction so no idea when/if it's coming to market properly but it'd be worth trying if you wanted to use the carts

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭derra

I wouldn't use that much wick, it only has to be just touching off the filler. Once the cart goes in it pushes the wick which probably would block the hole if the loops are too long.

It's alright using the cart if driving or something but a Kanger or something be better for that, dripping mode when not on the move.

Glad ya got it delivered anyway.

This way works alright with the cart, uses a lot of wick though.
    bulli_schlaufenwicklung.JPG

Actually I've just tried that using the set up that I had on already. Tied it up and it's not the best looking thing ever but it's a big improvement in terms of vapour and flavour alright.

One other thing, I have the coil set up on the opposite side of the posts to the airhole. I think that's correct. My airhole is slightly off centre I noticed as well. Not much, maybe 2mm.....it's SS.

when I put the coils that close together on my bulli I get pretty bad flavour... tend to have to leave them very far apart

I've tried them far apart, close together, 5 turns, 4 turns, 0.15, 0.20...........nothing works right for the carts. There's an off taste, kind of plasticky, no matter what I try. Must be coming from the filler or the cart itself. The draw tightens up a bit much for me as well with the cartos. Just doesnt seem to work very well with the carts for me.

Lovely as a dripper though. Nice draw, warm and generally pretty damn good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭derra

when I put the coils that close together on my bulli I get pretty bad flavour... tend to have to leave them very far apart

I would still use the 6 turns of .20, close as possible without touching.
    With the wick i have though, instead of 4 GF, i do have an extra length spanning across making it 2 loops and a tail on both sides.
    Done that recently as i suddenly start getting a burnt taste with just 4GF.
    I've tried them far apart, close together, 5 turns, 4 turns, 0.15, 0.20...........nothing works right for the carts. There's an off taste, kind of plasticky, no matter what I try. Must be coming from the filler or the cart itself. The draw tightens up a bit much for me as well with the cartos. Just doesnt seem to work very well with the carts for me.

Lovely as a dripper though. Nice draw, warm and generally pretty damn good.

You could set your cart up as usual but have a couple bits of wick sticking out like tails and just set your coil and wick up so that it just hits off the tails coming out of the cart as ya do tend to get a burnt taste.

But like you said, it doesn't compare to dripping.

It's a lovely kit for dripping alright but the volume that it holds is very small compared to the RDA. Not sure if I'll hold onto it or not yet - I'm using the RDA again because of the volume that it holds and the flavour is roughly equivalent on both.

Wonder is that spiral dripper any good? Might trade off the Bulli and think about getting that cos it isn't as prone to leakage as the RDA "apparently". Kind of accepting that it's dripping only for me at this stage. Every other option kind of sucks after dripping for a long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

Wonder is that spiral dripper any good? Might trade off the Bulli and think about getting that cos it isn't as prone to leakage as the RDA "apparently". Kind of accepting that it's dripping only for me at this stage. Every other option kind of sucks after dripping for a long time.

Wait for the Killer review/s to flood in. Extra €15 for added carto tank-friendliness isn't too much to pay.

If I think it sucks ass I won't be shy.

yeah im waiting for a killer over the ebaron dripper

i prefer the flavour on the bulli GH although as you say they're similar enough.

actually now that I think about it it's the draw on the bulli I prefer. it's airier so it affects the flavour, it's mellower and more relaxing where it's all "oomph, taste this ****er" on the rda as the coil is so close to your lips

I might get the Killer then. I have a small KF tank but I'll have to look up the dimensions to see if it'll fit.

Yeah, the draw on the Bulli is absolutely perfect and the flavour is a bit......purer or something than the RDA. The small volume is a pain though and the carts mute the flavour too much. If it could hold more the Bulli would be outstanding.

yeah, the amount the bulli held never bothered me at all until I got using an RDA again. now im so used to throwing a full ml of juice in there and vaping away, having to keep dripping into the bulli is kind of a pain

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭aerosol

I've was loving my bulli for dripping until I got my eBaron dripper,hardly touched the bulli since. Much prefer the warner and tighter draw from the eBaron. Capacity isn't the best but a small sacrifice for me.

I'm converted to the Bulli for dripping now. I used Bulli 1mm wick and turned it around my finger twice, took it off and kept the shape and then made a coil with 5 turns of kanthal. It's absolutely excellent. The shorter loops seem to work better than the long ones that I made originally and seem to hold more juice too. Loving this I must say.

i need to get some .13 kanthal so I can make a coil with 5 wraps. be easier to fit in than six, 5 wraps of .15 is too low res for me

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭heliguyheliguy

My experience with vape performance.
    3rd the bulli
    2nd the pro dripper
    1st the RDA

Build quality
    3rd the RDA
    2nd the bulli
    1st the pro dripper

Cost
    All about the same

your mileage may vary

• Advertisement

is xandreys wick thicker than bulli wick?

4 strands of bulli wick and six wraps of .15 kanthal gives me 2.7-2.8ohms.
    4 strands of xandreys wick and six wraps of .15 kanthal gives me 3ohms, in both the rda and the bulli

wouldnt be much thicker it's only a .2ohm difference.. but still... is 1mm not 1mm?

Yes, the Bulli wick is definitely thinner. I need 5 strands of Bulli wick and 5 turns of 0.15 kanthal. Andrei's wick is definitely a bit wider I think, I use 4 strands of his wick.

My experience with vape performance.
    3rd the bulli
    2nd the pro dripper
    1st the RDA

Build quality
    3rd the RDA
    2nd the bulli
    1st the pro dripper

Cost
    All about the same

your mileage may vary

Either way, all quality vapes though.

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭heliguyheliguy

Either way, all quality vapes though.

Agreed

I'm converted to the Bulli for dripping now. I used Bulli 1mm wick and turned it around my finger twice, took it off and kept the shape and then made a coil with 5 turns of kanthal. It's absolutely excellent. The shorter loops seem to work better than the long ones that I made originally and seem to hold more juice too. Loving this I must say.

after this post I decided to use less wick in the bulli than I normally would and I must say it is a bit better alright. cant say I've noticed it holding more juice or anything but I am getting a bit better flavour. weird how that works, you wouldnt think it would work that way.

Black magic this stuff is! Yeah, it works really well with that set up alright. I'm amazed by the fullness of the vape using the Bulli.

yeah, the rda is all warm flavour but the bulli has a bit more of a kick to it.. probably cos of all the air you're sucking up with it too. feels more complete.

Actually my Bulli airhole is slightly off centre. I'd say its about 11 o'clock with the terminals at 9 and 3 but the vape is excellent. Not sure whether to sand it down a bit or leave it.........it's vaping lovely as it is cos it seems perfect to me but can't help but wonder if I should fine tune it a bit more. Afraid I might screw it up when I didn't need to......

grab an o-ring from the mouthpiece of one of the carts, see what it's like with the airhole adjusted

honestly at 11 compared to 12 you'd still be getting good airflow over the coil.. i'd imagine it would do the job as well
    it's when its more off to the side like 10 or even 9, you'd have to worry

• Advertisement

grab an o-ring from the mouthpiece of one of the carts, see what it's like with the airhole adjusted

honestly at 11 compared to 12 you'd still be getting good airflow over the coil.. i'd imagine it would do the job as well
    it's when its more off to the side like 10 or even 9, you'd have to worry

Yeah, that's my feeling too. I'd imagine that he wouldn't send them out unless they were within the tolerances anyway.

Advertisement