Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Life with a 2 year old in Castleknock village

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Whites Gate is my cycle route so please noooooo...

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

I'd happily protest against the reopening of Whites Gate.

The Phoenix Park *is not* part of the national road network. No matter how people might like it to be- it isn't. Its a national park. If you want to change this- accept the consequences- which are it will be chopped into parcels, and the magnificent resource will be no more.

Dublin 15 was (akin to Lucan) allowed to develop far beyond its capacity to cope- and its infrastructure and amenities (where they exist) have been totally overwhelmed. The answer to this is not to destroy the greatest amenity the rest of Dublin has though.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,565 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

The Phoenix Park *is not* part of the national road network. No matter how people might like it to be- it isn't. Its a national park. If you want to change this- accept the consequences- which are it will be chopped into parcels, and the magnificent resource will be no more.

Where did I advocate "chopping up" the Phoenix Park? I too consider the Park a fantastic and unique amenity for Dublin but the fact is that it takes a huge amount of through traffic from Dublin 15. Where would this traffic go otherwise?

We will get a glimpse of just how well Dublin 15 copes without through traffic via the Phoenix park when Castleknock Gate closes for 8 weeks next week.

It is just not realistic to close the Park off to all motor traffic and I think the vast majority of motorists in Dublin 15 would agree with me.

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Prisoner6409

The roads around Whites Gate are just not big enough to take large volums of traffic, it's already a nightmare travelling through Castleknock as it is. I for one am glad they closed Whites gate and I hope it stays closed.

Advertisement