Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

******Motors Chat - Round 6******

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭Bpmull

garclo wrote: »
    unrelated, my old transit connect odometer, onlt 3 years and 1 month old when this was taken.
    picture here

That transit must have been on the road day and night :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,607 ✭✭✭toastedpickles

Big Nasty wrote: »
    Damn mountains stealing my images! :pac:

Gawd dang mountains! They gon done took mah pictures again! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime

Feck sake....... was walking down the road.. yes walking

Saw a garda on bike driving down the road and threw my phone into my pocket incase I got a fine and penalty points.... I actually didnt cop it until he was gone :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭Kaiser D

Saw a garda on bike driving down the road and threw my phone into my pocket incase I got a fine and penalty points.... I actually didnt cop it until he was gone :(

3456857606_3fe9cd9633_z.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭garclo

Bpmull wrote: »
    unrelated, my old transit connect odometer, onlt 3 years and 1 month old when this was taken.
    picture here

That transit must have been on the road day and night :eek:[/QUOTE]

ye, some long days done alright. 2500km a week, great van. not a bit of trouble the whole time and not a scratch on it when I handed her back!
    aUBauvE.jpg?2

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,786 ✭✭✭Old diesel

That transit must have been on the road day and night :eek:

Its seen a lot of miles for sure - 1441 miles a week based on 232 000 miles (im assuming that's 372000 kilometres) and the van been 161 weeks old.

No need to worry about DPFs clogging up on that yoke :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

Old diesel wrote: »
    Its seen a lot of miles for sure - 1441 miles a week based on 232 000 miles (im assuming that's 372000 kilometres) and the van been 161 weeks old.

No need to worry about DPFs clogging up on that yoke :D:D
    Did they even have a dpf :p

If it makes you feel any better today i was going to college, on the m7 at about 80/90 miles an hour and my brain goes hey pickles, wheres your car keys?? que me going OH SH1T!!! Trying to remember where i put them, then i copped it :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime

If it makes you feel any better today i was going to college, on the m7 at about 80/90 miles an hour and my brain goes hey pickles, wheres your car keys?? que me going OH SH1T!!! Trying to remember where i put them, then i copped it :rolleyes:

Impressive ! :D I didnt even think your saab could go that fast without breaking down :P

Impressive ! :D I didnt even think your saab could go that fast without breaking down :P

Oh it can go much faster than that! but if i started talking about that id say the stables would be coming out :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,288 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

The Osrams i put on the Focus look alot better than the Philips i had on before them that cost 40e and the offside blew within 2 months :p

Much whiter light

The Osrams i put on the Focus look alot better than the Philips i had on before them that cost 40e and the offside blew within 2 months :p

Much whiter light

There great alright I swear by them. You can't get a better halogen bulb for the money IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

There great alright I swear by them. You can't get a better halogen bulb for the money IMO.

Definitely second that BP, will never buy another bulb again!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

So, I got a decent quote on this.
    May be going to look at it in the next few days. :D

http://cars.donedeal.ie/view/6638555
    Mercedes estate c180 1999 e400

CianRyan wrote: »

As a daily driver ? What happened to the plans for the mx5 ? Or am I missing something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭Kaiser D

Beige on beige, niiiice

:cool:

Much whiter light

2 months is very short assuming you only do average driving. I've never had a car long enough to see how long the osram last before blowing :pac: but I know they were in the octavia 15 months when we sold it and were both still working. 40k km or so on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,931 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Nice handbrake she's got there :pac:

As a daily driver ? What happened to the plans for the mx5 ? Or am I missing something.

As an absolute hack of a yoke or a few months until I get my logbook for the MX5, then swap the insurance and have some topless fun. :)

I'll probably patch any rust and let everything else fall to pieces.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭skyhighflyer

But... it's rusty as fook and the driver's door seems to be hanging off :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,662 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

I replaced spark plugs, oil, filters recently and am running Redex in a full tank of fuel this week. Was out for a 40 mile round trip between Dundalk and Drogheda this evening at 100kph and averaged an indicated 37.1MPG in a 4.0l V8, which surprised the hell out of me!

That's close to what I got in the 2.8l E38.

Nice handbrake she's got there :pac:

Huh?
    Is it an auto one? I'm not familiar with the set up? :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

I replaced spark plugs, oil, filters recently and am running Redex in a full tank of fuel this week. Was out for a 40 mile round trip between Dundalk and Drogheda this evening at 100kph and averaged an indicated 37.1MPG in a 4.0l V8, which surprised the hell out of me!

That's close to what I got in the 2.8l E38.

Highest mpg I got according to the trip in the 520i......

BMW must still use the same measuring system :pac:

But... it's rusty as fook and the driver's door seems to be hanging off :confused:

Exactly! :pac:
    Only viewing for now, if I can fix it with a box of spanners and a few cable ties I'll offer €300. :)

Yup, they all still go up in the same increments, the E38 did the same. Think 37.6 and 38.1 are next!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭Interslice

Huh?

Absolute shed of a yolk with no nct, you mad!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

I am so sick of giving way to traffic and then they don't even as much as acknowledge you! Let about 15 go this past 2 days, only two or three put up their hands. There's no tax on putting up your hand........

That's womenz for you, they're the worst. What I hate is when they let you out and wave their hands angrily for you to hurry up. Witches!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,931 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Huh?

Look at the rock stuck behind the N/S/R wheel :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

Interslice wrote: »
    Absolute shed of a yolk with no nct, you mad!

Non NCT'd yokes are the best crack and often the better cars to go for.... ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement