Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

******Motors Chat - Round 6******

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭Sobanek

Got passed by an E46 M3 identical to the one from the 7 Reasons Why You Need To Own an E46 M3 video.
    03 Irish Import plate.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭GvidoR

Sobanek wrote: »
    Got passed by an E46 M3 identical to the one from the 7 Reasons Why You Need To Own an E46 M3 video.
    03 Irish Import plate.

Were you driving too slow, or was he driving too fast? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

On the subject of horrible cars, must be a non turbo diesel, car vans and such also applicable.
    Ideally 40bhp or less! :D

CianRyan wrote: »
    On the subject of horrible cars, must be a non turbo diesel, car vans and such also applicable.
    Ideally 40bhp or less! :D

Daihatsu Charade, 1.0 non-turbo diesel. Should be deadly slow. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭Sobanek

GvidoR wrote: »

We both were driving too fast, but he was faster :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

Drove one before, horrible horrible horrible horr...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭Kaiser D

Good luck getting one of those for sub €1k, and even at that it'll be a dog...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,288 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

Unbelievable tekkas.....:pac:

Kaiser D wrote: »
    Good luck getting one of those for sub €1k, and even at that it'll be a dog...

Damn, it sounded perfect!
    Something completely different has caught my eye, gonna get an insurance quote when I'm home and see what the story is. :pac:

Damn, it sounded perfect!
    Something completely different has caught my eye, gonna get an insurance quote when I'm home and see what the story is. :pac:

http://cars.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/diahatsu-charade-nct-and-tax/6696943

Maybe you can knock the price down a bit. :)

EDIT: Crap... it's 1.0 turbo diesel :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,607 ✭✭✭toastedpickles

1 liter diesel?? :eek:

Jesus wept

• Registered Users Posts: 5,193 ✭✭✭Cleveland Hot Pocket

1 liter diesel?? :eek:

Jesus wept

Imagine the noise off of it though, that would be even cooler than the carina. Could you just picture it now, a felt spec Charade!

This is probably the only time in life I won't want a turbo. Haha
    Budget is also around €300. :pac:

http://cars.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/clean-daewoo-martiz/6823834
    http://cars.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/fiat-uno-1992/6428267

Buy that '92 carina

Those rocket ships are too powerful, lads. Haha

Seriously considering this and a great big bolt meeting a welder.
    http://cars.donedeal.ie/view/6383666
    98 Mercedes Benz E200 Manual

If you'd like a cheap diffmobile, I've got a 3-pot e36 for ya!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

Buy an Astra, you can get 6 of them for that price :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,288 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

Those rocket ships are too powerful, lads. Haha

Seriously considering this and a great big bolt meeting a welder.
    http://cars.donedeal.ie/view/6383666
    98 Mercedes Benz E200 Manual

Ahh Heyor !

(Atleast you can win versus the tree this time) :p

May well be interested in the E36 but it will come down to insurance groups!

Either way, it will be cheap and dented and scraped and enjoyed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

http://cars.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/diahatsu-charade-nct-and-tax/6696943

Maybe you can knock the price down a bit. :)

EDIT: Crap... it's 1.0 turbo diesel :D
    Well know to crack their cylinder head those. Their was a 1.0 non turbo version as well which also gave cylinder head issues but was less prone to it than the turbo version.

other than that though they are great cars that are extremely easy on fuel. They were ahead of their time really where small diesels are concerned, bringing out a 1.0 at a time where most other manufacturers were 1.6- 2.0

those charades also had fully independent suspension all around which is rare for a car in its class and made it feel more planted to the road than many other superminis at the time

• Registered Users Posts: 4,792 ✭✭✭Ded_Zebra

My granddad had one of those Charades in non-turbo form when I was little. It was white jap import with a brown dash and interior. I remember it had go faster holes in the sills when he got rid of it :eek::p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭Interslice

JohnBoy26 wrote: »
    That's actually good bangernomics tbh.

They were both serious suggestions :). Well the lanos was taking the piss a bit. Plenty of small engine bangers out there with a few months NCT for a few hundred quid. Tax them for three months and drive it until the man takes of you :pac:. Could be years if you keep it in roadworthy condition. You'd get away with murder in that carina.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭garclo

hey, sorry for going ot but didn't know where else to ask. can anyone tell me how to post more than one pic per post. I have an imgur account and figured out that I had to copy the url and paste it in the insert image bar, but if I try putting 2 url's in, only the last one will show up. i'm confused!

garclo wrote: »
    hey, sorry for going ot but didn't know where else to ask. can anyone tell me how to post more than one pic per post. I have an imgur account and figured out that I had to copy the url and paste it in the insert image bar, but if I try putting 2 url's in, only the last one will show up. i'm confused!

Ignore the 'insert image' bar and post it into the comment box directly.

Then add IMG tags either side. So before the URL you put [I*MG] and after it put [/I*MG] and it will display as an image (you have to do this for each URL/image separately).

(take out the *'s)

Unrelatedly, I missed it:

C1697A53715C48029481FA5474D63D8B-0000333410-0003553111-00800L-6A210BCECF31498AA2BC72E519B92E6C.jpg

:(

that reminds me I must dig out my mileage pics from my astra

• Registered Users Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

Interslice wrote: »
    They were both serious suggestions :). Well the lanos was taking the piss a bit. Plenty of small engine bangers out there with a few months NCT for a few hundred quid. Tax them for three months and drive it until the man takes of you :pac:. Could be years if you keep it in roadworthy condition. You'd get away with murder in that carina.

it's was indeed the Carina I was referring to :) I'm not really a fan of deawoo or the lanos tbh :p

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭garclo

Ignore the 'insert image' bar and post it into the comment box directly.

Then add IMG tags either side. So before the URL you put [I*MG] and after it put [/I*MG] and it will display as an image (you have to do this for each URL/image separately).

(take out the *'s)

thanks for that Jeremias Black Guava, got it working. do you have to type the tags in manually each time or is there a button that puts them up for you, like the [html] tags button? sorry, only getting the hang of this.  unrelated, my old transit connect odometer, onlt 3 years and 1 month old when this was taken.p6ES2PB.jpg?1

Theres a little picture on the top line with a mountain in it, that's how you get the [img]with out typing it all the time :)[/img]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Theres a little picture on the top line with a mountain in it, that's how you get the [img]with out typing it all the time :)[/img]

Damn mountains stealing my images! :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement