Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Meeting new friends Galway...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭moonandstars

All I'm seeing is Cuba Cuba Cuba it's hurting my eyes! :rolleyes::P Have no plans to enter Upstairs Cuba anytime soon, have to say did love basic Downstairs-Cuba the few minutes we were there the night we left to get food! :) And in all fairness I wouldn't be a big loss to proceedings anyway! But by all means enjoy any Cuba / Psyc activities ye get up to!:D (Was in Cp's couple of weeks ago, and _even if_ 16/17/18 y.o.s were present, have to say would go there/Halo again over Cuba. But that's just me! :rolleyes::) )

However :( If any-one out there is interested in Front Door or similar or like Kings Head or Taaffes; - those with a simple one-man-band and his sing-along songs people know, nice to listen to with a few drinks .... let me know! :)

We wernt talkn about cuba..we were sayn de burgos for thurs night! id say it mite be a great gig ut thats my opin
    As for cps??if all else faild i MAY go there!!!! IF the bar waz open!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 Ms Fluorescent

I think the best plan is for everyone to meet at 8pm in the Cellar on Thursday and then we can see what people would like to do afterwards!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭mazthespark

I think the best plan is for everyone to meet at 8pm in the Cellar on Thursday and then we can see what people would like to do afterwards!:D

sounds like a plan :)

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Fifibella

I think thats a great plan..Im there

Not 4pm at the Spanish Arch?

Hah.

Yeah, I'll def be there with bells on, only don't ask me to play them, 'cause I've no idea how.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭moonandstars

I'll be there! :):D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

If ye all promise to do a flashmob afterwards outside Supermacs Eyre Square @ 2am I promise to come along to clap and cheer :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 327 ✭✭spender.j

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    If ye all promise to do a flashmob afterwards outside Supermacs Eyre Square @ 2am I promise to come along to clap and cheer :cool:

Sorry, we'll all still be drinking at 2am... :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Is anyone else up for maybe dinner and a chat or something? The Thursday night meet up has gone the Irish way and become a piss up, if anyone's interested in food, a bit of a laugh and an early night for those of us working Friday and/or driving home let me know.

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭hyperbaby

There is a table quiz for Galway Hospice on Thursday week, the 26th of August. How about that? Can't be pissed at that or you wouldn't know any of the answers!

• Advertisement

Aw man I love quizzes! But I'll be away next week for work, poop.

hyperbaby wrote: »
    There is a table quiz for Galway Hospice on Thursday week, the 26th of August. How about that? Can't be pissed at that or you wouldn't know any of the answers!

Ooo I'd be interested in taking part.

hyperbaby wrote: »

I'd definitely be up for this as well!

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭hyperbaby

Well it's 10 euro each, table of four.
    maybe there would be enough people for 2 tables??
    Oh yeah, it's on in Monroes at 8pm.
    Good cause and all that jazz!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

Spadina wrote: »
    Is anyone else up for maybe dinner and a chat or something? The Thursday night meet up has gone the Irish way and become a piss up, if anyone's interested in food, a bit of a laugh and an early night for those of us working Friday and/or driving home let me know.

I'm good for next Thursday if you are. The Cottage, right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 462 ✭✭El_Drago

Great thread. I'll be sure to meet up with some of you once I move to Galway in a couple of weeks:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭Flojo

Quick reminder to some of you, don't forgot The Cinema Club and The Galway Gamer Group... great places to meet new people, that doesn't require getting pished. And for those of you who do enjoy a pint or twenty like myself we sometimes hit the pub after :)

Links are here.....

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=130554403648452

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=132876763412891

and for those of you not on Facebook....

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055984713

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055961514

Xiney wrote: »
    I'm good for next Thursday if you are. The Cottage, right?

No I meant tomorrow night, I'm away next week. This sucks.

I've decided to hold off on the Cinema Club until all the students are back - hopefully there will be more interest then. Watch this space though!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

No I meant tomorrow night, I'm away next week. This sucks.

bah :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭Madame Razz

I'm on for this if anybody else is :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭confuseddotcom

What a waste of time!!:mad: After goin to the trouble of getting ready and comin all the way into Galway for a couple of hours a while ago, sure I didn't even know who was here/there or where and when, so bit pointless me trying to find who and where folk are!!!:pac: So silly!!:D:rolleyes: And now have nowhere to go! :rolleyes::(

Anyways hope ye all have a good night!:pac: Enjoy and have fun which I'm sure ye will!:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭Flojo

What a waste of time!!:mad: After goin to the trouble of getting ready and comin all the way into Galway for a couple of hours a while ago, sure I didn't even know who was here/there or where and when, so bit pointless me trying to find who and where folk are!!!:pac: So silly!!:D:rolleyes: And now have nowhere to go! :rolleyes::(

Anyways hope ye all have a good night!:pac: Enjoy and have fun which I'm sure ye will!:cool:

What are you talking about, I texted you Kats number!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 tallman

Maybe a group name would be a good idea so we could arrange to meet at a certain point. It would be easy enough to ask people if they are part of the group. When meeting people, I always find Supermacs a good place to start, not a packed pub. When we've gathered, we move on then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭telepylus

Anyway, was great craic last night, I'm sure certain people had more fun than the rest of us though, hehe, ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭mazthespark

Ya was a great nite last nite will have to be done again soon :)

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Fifibella

Yep,,definitely good first boards night out :)

@confuseddotcom, we were in the cellar until after 10... we had said 8 to meet up on here.

A great night had, good drinking and chat, definitely have to do it again soon! So when is the next bowling night? :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 Ms Fluorescent

@confused.com thats the message I had posted for anyone who wanted to come last night. Flojo said you were going to text me but didn't get any text. I also text you but it seems that I have a different number for you!! :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭confuseddotcom

Aww noooo now I know why I didn’t get it, cuz I was on another number before one weekend, when my own fone was in getting fixed.:confused: Awww shucks.:( Well I knew I never manage to get away and get goin until late enough myself, but had said I'd meet ye for a bit anyway. Alas it hadn’t occurred to me at the time like lol, to check who was goin' for sure or where ye’d be at by then lol. :-/ (Me a tad slow off the mark as usual!):rolleyes::p Oh well c’ést la crappy (what’s crappy in French?! ) vie! Sure the main thing is ye had a good night. ;):)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement