Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tonight With Vincent Browne Thread v2.0

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

I could just imagine Drennan doing Brian Cowen impressions after a few pints :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

MrsD007 wrote: »
    I'd say John Drennan would be great craic to have a few pints with :pac::pac::pac:

That's true, I'd love to hear some of the stories about politicians that only get told in private. That book looks interesting, I must have a flick through it next time I am in Easons.

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭chinwag

Only three on the panel again tonight rather than four - this seems to be happening more lately?? Wonder are they finding it harder to get volunteers to appear on the show? Some panellists manage to take the experience in their stride while others are more vulnerable and are savaged by VB.

chinwag wrote: »
    Only three on the panel again tonight rather than four - this seems to be happening more lately?? Wonder are they finding it harder to get volunteers to appear on the show?

It is a bit like this thread, it is getting quieter every night :(

*Paging

Tayto Lover to the VB thread, Tayto Lover to the VB thread please :D

chinwag wrote: »
    Only three on the panel again tonight rather than four - this seems to be happening more lately?? Wonder are they finding it harder to get volunteers to appear on the show? Some panellists manage to take the experience in their stride while others are more vulnerable and are savaged by VB.

I think it often works better with three on the panel, there is less shouting over each other. It all depends on the guests.

• Advertisement

It is a bit like this thread, it is getting quieter every night :(

*Paging

Tayto Lover to the VB thread, Tayto Lover to the VB thread please :D

Maybe this will tempt him back :)

AAAAAljuk0wAAAAAAKp4pw.png?v=1197076627000

Skid wrote: »
    Maybe this will tempt him back :)

AAAAAljuk0wAAAAAAKp4pw.png?v=1197076627000
    Great idea, Skid!

When Tayto Lover fills in for Vinny during the Midterm, this is going to be his jingle.

That is very sad about Joe Brolly's friend's kidney

Joe Brolly is annoying on the Sunday Game, but I salute anyone who would do that for a friend.

That is very sad about Joe Brolly's friend's kidney

Joe Brolly is annoying on the Sunday Game, but I salute anyone who would do that for a friend.
    It was a very generous and incredibly brave thing for Joe Brolly to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭grey_so_what

No Christmas Tayto until after Halloween Skid........

Cardinal Rule........:)

• Advertisement

No Christmas Tayto until after Halloween Skid........

Cardinal Rule........:)

I had to stop buying multi packs of Crisps altogether. I just kept eating them :(

The bags are too small, so one isn't enough.

I had to stop buying multi packs of Crisps altogether. I just kept eating them :(

The bags are too small, so one isn't enough.

The bags aren't too small Skid, the contents are...........Smaller by the week.......bag of air is what you get!!!!:(

I'm a King Cripigis gal myself!!!......(When they were only for sale in pubs fado fado.........;))

I have an itch to shave that piece of fluff off Ming's chin and donate it to the dung/turf heap..........

I have an itch to shave that piece of fluff off Ming's chin and donate it to the dung/turf heap..........
    It could do with a bit of a trim alright :eek:

It could do with a bit of a trim alright :eek:

Strimmer imo MrsD...........:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 51,114 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Just tuned in. Who is the old doll near Vinnie?

Is Sarah wearing some kind of a Sligo football jersey?

Just tuned in. Who is the old doll near Vinnie?
    Susan O'Keefe, former journalist and Labour Senator. She was a fantastic journalist in her day!
    In 1995, O'Keeffe then a World in Action journalist, was threatened with prison in Ireland for refusing to reveal her sources.

She had investigated scandals within the Irish meat industry in two films in 1991, the investigation centred on the Goodman International group – involving tax fraud, misappropriation of beef and Larry Goodman's dealings with Saddam Hussein's Iraq, leading to the setting up of a Tribunal of Inquiry, known as the Beef Tribunal, which found that much of her criticism of the industry was substantiated.

The Tribunal, though, demanded that she name her informants, and when she refused to do so, she was charged by the Director of Public Prosecutions. The case became a cause célèbre in Ireland, and in January 1995 she faced trial for contempt of court but was cleared of the charge. She was honoured in the 1994 Freedom of Information Awards for her stand.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Susan_O'Keeffe

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

Don't you just love Ming's grasp of economics .... he reminds me of the smart alec young fellow at the back of the class who goes on to fail his Leaving

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭snipey

don't but the one on the right is all right

• Advertisement

Ming's "target for growth" pertains to his beard I think.

Susan could do with a consultation with Gok Wan. She is wearing far too much grey and it is doing nothing for her.

Susan could do with a consultation with Gok Wan. She is wearing far too much grey and it is doing nothing for her.

She sounds like a very nice person and seems to know her stuff. Have to admit that I never heard of her before tonight.

There's a lad cooking a lovely beef stew on the ads, and me starving. Trying to cut down a bit and could do without that temptation.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Anyone here staying up for it ?

What about the newspaper review Vinny??? :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Lapin wrote: »

No. Not that interested. I can't see any mystery tweet causing as good a show as we had earlier in the year. Comedy gold that was.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

Well done Vincent, nice to have an Irish person in the media who doesn't want their tongue to be Obama's toilet paper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

Lapin wrote: »

Going to bed, will set alarm and see after that.

• Advertisement

No. Not that interested. I can't see any mystery tweet causing as good a show as we had earlier in the year. Comedy gold that was.
    F.Y.P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uUhFdi7iRL0

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement