Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IEC Visa Refusal

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 402 ✭✭C@non

yes you can, this visa is for 1 year with an option to extend for 2 next year.
    The only thing i don't know is, do we have to re apply next year all over again or can we just go to customs and extend it again for an other year, im hoping that it will be all written in the Visa letter when its eventually sent back to me.

But also a friend of mine is there now and her year will expire in august, and she re-applied now for the second year directly to the embassy and she has been accepted and her form is on the way to the uk, and this was all done wile from Canada, the lucky git now will be able to stay a whole 3 years thanks to the IEC programme. It wasnt like that before this is the very first time they have done this.

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭GGirl2010

AH cool.. ok yeah.. its just the police certificate [EMAIL="c@non"]c@non[/EMAIL].. that we have to apply or and ring up and get them to post out in good time i geuss. police certificate is valid for 3 months not one year yeah!... and also.. i cant believe lilimes application was sent on to the uk when it was not correct!! this is not good.. paris should have refused lilime for first phase!!!. This is very worrying...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 402 ✭✭C@non

yeah if you keep on top of things you will be ok.

Lilimes, when you were refused the first time did they tell you what was wrong??? because if your CV information is the same as the one you just sent and the problem was something else, then that might not be a problem

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 jehstr

i also received mine back.. after completing stage 1. It was because i did not send the garda form. So i sent it all again exactly as i did before, including the form.

However you say that MISREP form needs to be dated. I do not see any info on this atall.. the check-list that i have printed off says this:
    The “Warning: Misrepresentation Is A Crime” form of the High Commission of Canada, duly completed and signed

I did not date it. However they sent my app back because i did not have original forms. If this was not dated and was a problem they would have also mentioned this.

Anyways... fingers crossed for doing this all again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭SarahToronto

Hey my friend got her application back, she was rejected because her CV did not match what she put on her forms. It wasn't only dates she mixed up on, she sent in an old CV which didn't have her Masters degree written in and old jobs she doesn't normally put down anymore because they were so long ago etc, all sorts of crap she did wrong with the CV.
    But everything else was good, so she's resending it this weekend sometime.

But, no word on mine yet and we sent them the same day.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭beano345

Hey my friend got her application back, she was rejected because her CV did not match what she put on her forms. It wasn't only dates she mixed up on, she sent in an old CV which didn't have her Masters degree written in and old jobs she doesn't normally put down anymore because they were so long ago etc, all sorts of crap she did wrong with the CV.

the only thing worrying me is that london dont send you a rejected mail like paris its a letter in the post!!which could take a few days to arrive!

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Demo2011

beano345 wrote: »
    the only thing worrying me is that london dont send you a rejected mail like paris its a letter in the post!!which could take a few days to arrive!

If you get rejected I understand that you get sent an email aswell (from the Youth Mobility Unit in Paris though) I took the quote below from page 10 of the application pack.

[FONT=Arial,Bold][FONT=Arial,Bold][FONT=Arial,Bold]
    If your application is rejected by the Visa Section:
    [/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][FONT=+Wingdings][FONT=+Wingdings]
    [/FONT][/FONT]You will receive a letter by post explaining the reason(s) for the refusal and a reimbursement process will automatically be triggered within the YMU.
    [FONT=+Wingdings][FONT=+Wingdings]
    [/FONT][/FONT]You will receive an email informing you that the YMU has initiated this reimbursement process.
    [FONT=+Wingdings][FONT=+Wingdings]
    [/FONT][/FONT]You will receive a final message notifying you of its completion.

Was it stated on the refusal letter that the issue was the CV and not something else ?

Yes, it stated that her information written on the 'additional information' pages was not the same as on her CV.
    Now as I said she didn't have minor mistakes, she had omitted education (I think just her newest degree) and most of her work experience and jobs. She even made up a job on her old CV at the time to get whatever job she was going for! Everything on the CV was wrong as it was a really old CV that wasn't really accurate at the time she wrote it anyway.
    However everything on her additional information form was correct as she filled that out from memory a few weeks ago.

I don't have her forms and she's out tonight, but basically her letter that she got back said something like - you've been rejected as the Resume and additional information forms are not matching, information does not correspond from one document to another - or something like that.
    Then she was asked to submit a new application if she wants, but information should be correct and matching.

Neither her nor I were surprised by her being rejected because of these errors as they weren't small. So don't worry anyone if you made some small mistakes, it's large glaring errors that they seem to be the problem. For example, not filling out entire sections, not signing wherever on the forms you're meant to sign etc. Not one job or a few dates are the problem, but big errors like my friend's are obviously something they reject.

Still waiting for news on mine like most people - so we'll see if I hear good or bad news!

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭jimmybeige

Yes, it stated that her information written on the 'additional information' pages was not the same as on her CV.
    Now as I said she didn't have minor mistakes, she had omitted education (I think just her newest degree) and most of her work experience and jobs. She even made up a job on her old CV at the time to get whatever job she was going for! Everything on the CV was wrong as it was a really old CV that wasn't really accurate at the time she wrote it anyway.
    However everything on her additional information form was correct as she filled that out from memory a few weeks ago.

I don't have her forms and she's out tonight, but basically her letter that she got back said something like - you've been rejected as the Resume and additional information forms are not matching, information does not correspond from one document to another - or something like that.
    Then she was asked to submit a new application if she wants, but information should be correct and matching.

Neither her nor I were surprised by her being rejected because of these errors as they weren't small. So don't worry anyone if you made some small mistakes, it's large glaring errors that they seem to be the problem. For example, not filling out entire sections, not signing wherever on the forms you're meant to sign etc. Not one job or a few dates are the problem, but big errors like my friend's are obviously something they reject.

Still waiting for news on mine like most people - so we'll see if I hear good or bad news!

Was this in the first phase or the second phase?

• Advertisement

@ jimmybeige-
    She was rejected after she payed fees. I assume her package was sent from London, but maybe it was Paris, I do not know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭can2011

lillieme wrote: »
    Yeah my form didnt ask for date either, but said on checklist that must be dated, so I dated it today on form just incase..
    So for anyone reapplying learn from my mistakes:
    1. ORIGINAL garda cert
    2. Affiliations- Include
    3. Date ALL documents
    4. Date- Missrep Form even though it does not ask for it on the form- It does state it on the check list- BEWARE
    5. Register Post so you can follow it on tracking- you know when it arrives in Paris
    6. GOOD LUCK TO ALL REAPPLYING......KEEP POSSITIVE WE WILL GET IT... SEE YE ALL IN CANADA IN FEW MONTHS FINGERS CROSSED...........

You do not have to date the misrep form

Does anyone know if photos should have been dated on the back ?

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/photospecs-e.pdf

It did not say it on the checklist but I was just sent the above link & dating the photos is mentioned as a general visa requirement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭tenchi-fan

Demo2011 wrote: »

It did not say it on the checklist but I was just sent the above link & dating the photos is mentioned as a general visa requirement.

I'd say don't worry about it.

True. The main website http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/photospecs.asp does not say anything about dating the back, only the PDF mentions it. Blooming Nora !!! This whole process is crackers :(

True. The main website http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/photospecs.asp does not say anything about dating the back, only the PDF mentions it. Blooming Nora !!! This whole process is crackers :(

It really isn't.

People just haven't followed the instructions on the checklist/application form.

[edit: deleted bit about demo's link]

People, stop worrying. Thousands of people are applying. So far every single person who was rejected made really stupid and obvious mistakes on their application.

ohhh... starting to get... nervous.. and excited!!!

waits ... ................ paitently........................

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭red menace

That document says it's for:
    Permanent Resident Card PHOTO SPECIFICATIONS thats totally different to the IEC visa

did anyone .. date their photo ID at the back? ...

red menace wrote: »
    That document says it's for:
    Permanent Resident Card PHOTO SPECIFICATIONS thats totally different to the IEC visa

Thanks, that was the link on the application so I was an ickle bit worried because I did not date my photos.

• Advertisement

Thanks, that was the link on the application so I was an ickle bit worried because I did not date my photos.

yeah... dated... i didnot ..do. photo was taken 3 months ago.. but like i think anyone can make a date on it at the back so i dont see the point of it unless the date was digitally on the side in small writing.. but anwys ... its was asked for!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,494 ✭✭✭baldbear

GGirl2010 wrote: »
    did anyone .. date their photo ID at the back? ...

No! Don't worry, as long as the photo isn't a baby picture you'll be grand. It does say to be dated but they would hardly be that picky??? I only spotted that now......... If the photo is the same as passport photocopy then they can't possibly reject it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 triona10

ok, I sent 2 visa applications off on Friday. I received a conditional acceptance for my apllication but nothing has come back as yet for my boyfriend.

I just checked back on his copy I sent off for my boyfriend and realised I made a mistake with his birthday. I put the wrong month number. I'm thinking to reapply again with the correct detail today before I receive the rejection as I've heard it takes weeks for it to be returned.

One problem, the download cert is where the birthday is in error. So there for the 3 page application for is also Wrong. I'm not sure what to do. I think you cannot download a 2nd cert so do I do a hand ammendment on the cert and application form?

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭jk86

triona10 wrote: »
    ok, I sent 2 visa applications off on Friday. I received a conditional acceptance for my apllication but nothing has come back as yet for my boyfriend.

I just checked back on his copy I sent off for my boyfriend and realised I made a mistake with his birthday. I put the wrong month number. I'm thinking to reapply again with the correct detail today before I receive the rejection as I've heard it takes weeks for it to be returned.

One problem, the download cert is where the birthday is in error. So there for the 3 page application for is also Wrong. I'm not sure what to do. I think you cannot download a 2nd cert so do I do a hand ammendment on the cert and application form?

It takes around 4 or 5 working days to get it back after they send the rejection email (or it did for me)

If you are re-applying, you need to start from the very beginning (enter in email address on the website, and download new version of the forms), you can't ammend the previous forms.

jk86 wrote: »
    It takes around 4 or 5 working days to get it back after they send the rejection email (or it did for me)

If you are re-applying, you need to start from the very beginning (enter in email address on the website, and download new version of the forms), you can't ammend the previous forms.

i dont know if its a good idea to send two off.. in your hand writing...

triona10 wrote: »

confused now. He just received his conditional acceptance by email even though the date of birth is incorrect??? I'm wondering if they completely missed it or made the ammendment themselves! :confused:

confused now. He just received his conditional acceptance by email even though the date of birth is incorrect??? I'm wondering if they completely missed it or made the ammendment themselves! :confused:

I reckon stage 1 missed it. But there's always an eagle eye at stage 2 to put that right

tenchi-fan wrote: »
    I reckon stage 1 missed it. But there's always an eagle eye at stage 2 to put that right

Thinking the same- well he is just going to hold off with the 2nd application until he gets the yay or nay.

We sent off both in the same envelope. Both of us got the email of receipt the same time. I got my cond. acceptance an hour after receipt and he just received 24 hours after.

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭jk86

On my first application, I was missing 2 forms (identification & letter from the 3rd party who is providing the proof of funds) and it got refused.

So on the 2nd application I added these and kept the rest the same after rechecking everything.

Now just got the email that it's been refused again :(

The 2 mising forms were the only things that were marked on the first returned application, so what the hell am I failing on now?? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭jimmybeige

Did you keep the same cover letter and application ID? If so that would probably be the problem.

Advertisement