Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

RWC 2015 - Rugby World Cup 2015 Travel Plans

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭WTO

Hmmm, what's interesting is that the QF Winner Pool D vs RU Pool C still has good availability: either us irish fans are just too fatalistic and banking on losing to France and heading to the Millenium to probably face NZ, or I don't know. Would have thought there would be a good chance to top the Pool and face Argentina for a very decent shot at a historic first RWC semi.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Rocko

Is Increase Your Chances available for individual matches or is it for your whole matches selected together?

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Brandon F

Anybody going through the packages route? I.e-deals online of hotel, flights & category D ticket

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭Manofthewest

Rocko wrote: »
    Is Increase Your Chances available for individual matches or is it for your whole matches selected together?

I have just been putting my application together and it looks like it applies to the full application. There were only certain matches I was willing to use this for. Kind of disappointed with what I thought was a good feature.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭sydneybound

Ireland V France has now gone to ballot. Meaning two of Ireland's games (Italy & France) are sold out at this early stage.

It's the first game in the Millennium Stadium that has gone to ballot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

I wish I applied for the French tickets, but have a holiday planned so cash is tight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭sydneybound

So far 15 games have gone to ballot which I'm suprised about given the tournament is still a year away. I thought a lot of tickets would have been shifted around Xmas time. I wonder could get close to 20 ballot matches?

Reckon the organisers will be delighted with the sales.

I have just been putting my application together and it looks like it applies to the full application. There were only certain matches I was willing to use this for. Kind of disappointed with what I thought was a good feature.

I would apply for more match tickets (maybe 5/6 games) but because Increase Your Chances applies to the full application I will only apply for (3/4 matches)

So far 15 games have gone to ballot which I'm suprised about given the tournament is still a year away. I thought a lot of tickets would have been shifted around Xmas time. I wonder could get close to 20 ballot matches?

For Example: If all Category D tickets for a match are oversubscribed then I assume the whole match goes to ballot no matter how many Cat, C, B or A tickets are sold.
    Just because a match goes to ballot doesn't mean it's sold out

Would this be correct?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,176 ✭✭✭✭Buer

I'd say a lot of people have applied in a panic just to try and ensure they get tickets. I know groups of 3 and 4 going. All of them have applied for the maximum on offer.

There will be a glut of tickets available after they're sold on various sites, I reckon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31 Iceberg

For Example: If all Category D tickets for a match are oversubscribed then I assume the whole match goes to ballot no matter how many Cat, C, B or A tickets are sold.
    Just because a match goes to ballot doesn't mean it's sold out

Would this be correct?

Not exactly, some of the matches with 'limited' availability mean that Cat C & D are going to ballot, but there's still tickets for A & B.

If you click on the yellow bar (showing limited availability) it should tell you what cat tickets are available & which are already going to ballot for that match

Buer wrote: »
    I'd say a lot of people have applied in a panic just to try and ensure they get tickets. I know groups of 3 and 4 going. All of them have applied for the maximum on offer.

There will be a glut of tickets available after they're sold on various sites, I reckon.

Good point. I got 4 but currently have no takers for the other 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭exiledelbows

I would apply for more match tickets (maybe 5/6 games) but because Increase Your Chances applies to the full application I will only apply for (3/4 matches)

Why don't you apply for 5/6 with Increase Your Chances then put 3/4 in Match Manager, so once you hit your limit you're done?

What date should I expect my account to be charged if I'm lucky enough to win the ballot?

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Do You Even Squat

What date should I expect my account to be charged if I'm lucky enough to win the ballot?
    "During the first two weeks of October the system will be prepared for ballots.
    From October we will email you the results of your application, confirming the tickets you
    have secured and the amount your payment card will be charged. Payment will be taken
    shortly after receiving this confirmation email."
    Taken from their website.
    What matches did u apply for?

4xItaly and 4xFrance, ~500 euro

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭Manofthewest

Buer wrote: »

What do people think of the terms and conditions? Looks like you have to attend the game and can't gift the tickets to someone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭WTO

What do people think of the terms and conditions? Looks like you have to attend the game and can't gift the tickets to someone.

Trust me, they don't check to see that the person presenting the ticket is the same person as the name on the card. They don't want to do passport control for 80,000 people trying to get into the game on time. As far as they're concerned someone paid a whack of money for the ticket, and that's all that counts. So long as they're official tickets, you'll be fine.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 7,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭cee_jay

I entered my payment details (Visa Debit) and the transaction fee is being applied to my transaction also.

I received the following reply from them today:
    Thanks for contacting us regarding the transaction fee.
    We apologise for any confusion on our website. Debit cards will not be charged a transaction fee when your payment is processed in mid October but do appear on the submission screen. This is being looked at and you should not be charged this fee in October at the time of allocation and payment.
    [\quote]

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

They had the same for Euro 2012, I think, but it didn't make any difference. Sure if you buy four tickets, the other three go to different people and they can't force people to enter the ground together etc. It would be completely impossible to enforce.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Do You Even Squat

How many gone to ballot now boys? How are the 1/4s and semis looking? have applied for 4 but cant see them...

Is there a way to check without reopening your application?

• Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭Emperor1989

Is there a reallocation if you win tickets that you do not want.

I am sure this could be a very common situation where friends put in for tickets for the same match and they both win meaning they have double the amount of tickets they need.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,635 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Is there a reallocation if you win tickets that you do not want.

I am sure this could be a very common situation where friends put in for tickets for the same match and they both win meaning they have double the amount of tickets they need.

There is: ''England Rugby 2015 will run the official ticket resale platform enabling fans to resell with confidence at face value
    for no administration fee. The resale platform will launch in 2015 with full details to be announced in early 2015.''

https://tickets.rugbyworldcup.com/gpctp/site/assets/RulesofApplication.pdf

Was getting friends to book a few tickets each but just seeing now that there's good availability for Canada and Romania games so not sure there's any need for those games? Don't wanna be stuck with tickets I can't shift..

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭thunderthing

Are applications closed from today or tomorrow? It says on some parts of the website that it's 6pm today, and other parts say tomorrow at 6pm. Anyone know for sure?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭CZ 453

Tried to check there and it's not leaving me order more

The front page has been saying 6pm on September 29th so I'll be pretty disappointed if it isn't then. I just had to wait in a queue for about 10 minutes but I'm on the site now and will be trying to make an application in the next little while. I'll update one way or the other.

Made an application for my Dad with no difficulty at all. Just a wait of maybe ten minutes in the queue due to a high volume of people trying to get on. Applied for four Category D tickets for the Romania and Italy games, with the Increase My Chances option ticked.

I'm going to do my own application now and try for two Category D for Italy and France with the Improve My Chances option ticked. See how we get on in October.

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭Funk It

Already paid for 2 Cat B tickets for Canada back in May/June, but caved and applied for a Cat D ticket just now as well, with the same Improve My Chances option as the above.

To be honest I am hoping to get some tickets from work and stuff, but I folded and I am getting pretty one dimensional with my Christmas presents this year by the looks of things.

Best of luck to everyone else ordering tickets, its going to be class, but holding fire on ordering anymore for other games until they start being offloaded due to under-subscription (possibly for the Romanian game).

• Advertisement

Yeah I just want to be sure to have tickets for at least one game, which is why we've gone for the Romania one as well. If everything goes to plan, I'll be heading over before the Romania game and back after the Italy game, then making my way over to Cardiff for just the France game. It's a pity they're so spread out. I reckon a lot of people will be making multiple trips. Handy for the like of my brother though who's living over there. He's just applied for all the games and if he gets them, it's only a matter of getting to the game on the day and then back home. Probably wouldn't even have to take any time off work!

Advertisement