Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Miss Piggys Battle for the Big Plates

• 26-07-2010 10:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭

OK, I've been meaning to keep a log for a long time now and just never got started...BUT.....I'm starting a new weights programme far, far, far away from the weights machines I normally use:D
    So here it goes,
    Height: 5 foot 4
    Weight: 55kg
    Female
    Age 24

Monday 26th july

Wow. It was fricken warm in the gym today...total dead heat!!

Squats
    20kg x 8
    25kg x 8
    30kg x 5
    35kg x 5
    40kg x 5
    went looking for two 1.25 plates to attempt 42.5kg, wasnt paying attention and ended up putting on two 2.5's instead
    45kg x 5 (x 4 sets...yay!!! delighted when I realised)
    Last rep each set was HARD

Lunges
    10kg 3sets 8

Lying leg curl with stability ball
    2sets 20

Push Press
    20kg x 10
    20kg x 10
    20kg x 10
    20kg x 8
    20kg x 8

Supine row
    3 sets of a measley 8 reps [only counting when chest touches bar and unfortunately a measley 8 was it :(..this is actually annoying me..it looks so easy]

DB seated powerclean 3kg (tried doing it with the 4kg weights but it just felt 'off' dropped to 3kg, much better)
    3kg x 10 (3 sets)

Had planned to do intervals on the x-trainer but it was FAR FAR too hot
    so instead did a nice step class in the gym instead:) just for the fun!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭gymfreak

Tuesday
    I think I was not made for the heat...Monday night/Tues morning felt like a crazy heat wave.

Knee stability work-had quite a few problems with foot, ankle and knee this year, so really need to work on stability of knee and ankle.

knee drops, one leg squats onto a chair, balancing on one foot etc

Intervals on x-trainer
    30 sec hard/30 sec easy x 4
    one minute easy

Repeated the cycle 4 times= 20mins total

The one minute easy at the end of each cycle is my sanity break, def needed!!
    Level 9-although it was HARD and heart is nearly JUMPING out of my chest, think I may be able to up the level next time.

500 workout
    50 reps of each
    Prisoner squats
    sit ups
    forward/backward lunge (thought these would be sooo easy, but no...they hurt!!)
    pushups (all full, 20,10,10,10)
    Reptile
    Get Up (only a 2kg weight)
    side V Crunch
    Close grip pushups (had to do these from my knees)
    tuck jumps
    reverse plank knee tuck
    ...and finished!! phew

Wednesday 28th July

Deadlift:
    40kg x 5
    45kg x 5
    50kg x 5
    Went looking for the 1.25kg plates but there are only 2 in the gym and couldn't find them
    50kg x 5 (3 sets)
    Afterthought: I should have tried 55kg, was well able for the 50kg and had an instructor check my form...so all seems ok there

DB Bulgarian split squat:
    2 sets no weights-still practising
    8kg x 8 (2 sets)

DB Romanian DL: 12kg x 12 (2 sets)

Dips:
    3 x 12 with legs elevated and 5kg on lap
    Really want to progress to doing proper bodyweight ones..so..
    did 2 proper dips and then managed 3 quarter ones (x 3)

Pulldown: 3 x 10 think it was 37.5..maybe??

Face Pulls: 3 x 15. think this was 27.5??

5km run : 25.04
    All was going well until about 3km in, started getting a twinge on the outside of my knee...continued running just slowed down a bit. Quite sore after:(:(.. A LOT of very PAINFUL foam rolling.

Gonna take it easy for a few days and lay off the running for a while

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,660 ✭✭✭G86

You should sooooo up the weight bigtime on that DL, especially when you're squatting 45x5 for 4 sets, I bet you've a bodyweight squat 1rm in ya! :D

G86 wrote: »
    You should sooooo up the weight bigtime on that DL, especially when you're squatting 45x5 for 4 sets, I bet you've a bodyweight squat 1rm in ya! :D

Ah Thanks!! Will definitely try it next time, sometimes ya just need someone else to say it to ya!!!

Was looking at your log...110kg deadlift..wow that is SOME effort!!

Friday 30th July
    A lot of foam rolling over the past few days. Knee is feeling a bit better.I know i probably should have stayed away from the weights but I was up in the gym early for my boxercise class, so....

Squats
    20kg x 8
    25kg x 8
    30kg x 8
    35kg x 5
    40kg x 5
    45kg x 5
    47.5kgx 5 (didnt think I'd be able to do any more sets at this weight so dropped it back down to finish)
    45kg x 5 (3 more sets)

Lunges
    12kg 3sets 8

2sets 20

Push Press

20kg x 12
    22.5kg x 10
    22.5kg x 9
    22.5kg x 9
    22.5kg x 8
    22.5kg x 8

Supine row-someone was using the smith machine so did a barbell row instead
    25kg x 12 (3 sets)

DB seated powerclean

4kg x 10 (3 sets) felt easier with the 4kg this time

Boxercise Class

• Advertisement

Saturday 31st July

10 one leg pushups
    5 dips (2 proper, 3 mini dips:o best i can do)

10 one leg pushups
    6 assisted pullups (setting 37.5)

Spin class- I'm a sucker for wasting my time at these classes, hard to resist when your friends are heading in though!
    (EDIT: on 2nd thoughts, it wasnt actually a waste of time, just checked my HR monitor Max HR- 186(95%) Av HR-167(85%)

Core Work 50 sec on 10 sec off x 2
    plank
    bicycle
    side v crunch
    reptile with pushups
    v-sit hold
    superman
    turkish get up
    side bridge

Monday 2nd of August
    Spin Class- yup I do love my cardio!! Max HR-185 Av HR-168

Decided to give a metcon or two a go today. Have been intrigued by the metcon thread for a while now and I keep seeing them in peoples' logs so decided to give them a go!

I went for Franley and Freddies Revenge

Franley
    21-15-9
    Airsquats
    Burpees
    5:32

Quads were burning throughout the airsquats, and I took quite a few breaks aswell..to be honest didn't try as hard as I should have. Was fairly out of breath after though.

Freddie's Revenge
    I liked this one!!
    5 push press- 20kg
    10 Burpees
    5 rounds
    8:09
    I have to admit I did a bit of stalling in this one in the 3rd round, the pushups in the burpees were more like belly flops and I dropped the push press to 17.5kg in that round too.

I did cop on though! went back to the 20kg pushpress for 4th and 5th round and kept good form on the burpees.

Overall: I think I'll try metcons again,...I just had a tendency to slack a bit doing them, maybe I'll get a bit more competitive as time goes on..

Finished up with some core work and treated myself to the hydro pool after

Tuesday 3rd August
    Step class-just a novelty, come September I'll be back to work and won't have time for messing about.. but for now I've all the time in the world:D

Deadlift:
    40kg x 5
    45kg x 5
    50kg x 5
    55kg x 5 (my first bodyweight deadlift:Dahhhh..)
    Of course I had to up it straight away and see could i lift that too
    57.5kg x 5 (3 sets) WAHOO!! I did it!

2 sets no weights-getting my balance
    10kg x 8 (2 sets)
    I have to say I do love these-loving the stretch my hip flexors get doing them.

DB Romanian DL: 12kg x 12 (2 sets)

Dips:

Really want to progress to doing proper bodyweight ones..so..
    did 3 proper dips on parallel bars and then managed 2 quarter ones (x 3)

Pulldown: 37.5 3 x 10
    harder then I remember

Face Pulls:30kg 3 x 15.

And then finished it off with a few assisted pullups! Am so determined to be able to do a proper one....some day:cool:

6 asstd pullups setting 37.5kg
    10 one leg pushups
    x3

Wednesday 4th August

Today was a SHAMBLE!! Spent the day eating loads and loads of junk, which worked out **** cos when I went to the gym I had ABSOLUTELY no energy at all and was completely unmotivated.....lesson learnt, till next time.

I had a few things that wanted to practise before I started my session. This did not work out at all, all the equipment that I wanted to use was busy and I just wasnt bothered waiting.

Headed into the 'Ladies Gym' to do a metcon instead (I might just be converted) was going to do

"Jackie"

1000m row
    50 thrusters
    30 inverted rows

but...
    Rower-wasnt working properly wouldnt display metres, did 6mins instead
    Thrusters 17.5kg-hard but I like these
    Inverted rows-couldn't do these,place too busy so didnt burpees instead-no bellyflops today.

Lots of knee work
    (TKE, knee drops, one legged squats, adductor and abductor strengthening stuff and glute bridges)

Boxercise

Regular instructor is away, and let's just say the instructor we had was doing 1/4 pushups, chest was nowhere near the floor!!! Was a tad bit of a waste aswell.
    I'll try get some padwork done tommorrow or Friday instead

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭Magic Eight Ball

Nice work on the deadlift and dips.
    Don't worry bout eating the junk, ate a 800g duty free tub of celebrations to myself in one sitting over the weekend! Had to be done!! :D

• Advertisement

Nice work on the deadlift and dips.
    Don't worry bout eating the junk, ate a 800g duty free tub of celebrations to myself in one sitting over the weekend! Had to be done!! :D

yep dat about equals the sugar load of yesterday!! I think it just has to be done some days:) Sure, I was even eating a mars bar updating my log yesterday...shhh!

Thursday 5th August

Did a bit of work on nailing form in a few things this morning.

Deadlift- concentrating on pushing through the legs.
    40kg x 5 (5sets)
    45kg x 5 (5sets)

Thrusters 20kg x 10
    Supine row x 10 chest to bar, had to break these up 6 + 4

Spin Class
    Max HR 185 (94%)
    Av HR 166 (85%)

Doing a bit of light running this evening with friends testing out the knee so thought it best to leave it at that

First off I'll start by saying in my quest to get a pullup I've started messing about a lot trying to figure it out. I figured out on Wednesday that if I stand beside by bedroom door I can just barely reach the top of the door. so I was using this to attempt negative pullups, jumping up then pulling my self up until my chin above door and lowering slowly..tried it a good few times, seems to be working ok. SEVERE DOMS set in on Thursday night from this..so it must be helping somehow!

Friday 6th August

After watching Will Heffernan's video on knee prehab I had emailed him a few questions. He very kindly said that he'd have a look at my wonky knees if he could make a video about prehab/rehabby stuff. So I headed down to IP, and there was good and bad news for all.

The good news was for me- I am not royally screwed up or a 'car wreck' as Will would so kindly put it. Just a few hip mobility issues that are causing the knee pain. Will went through lots of mobility stuff to work on as well as some stretches.

Bad news for Will because my lack of 'car-wreck' issues meant I was useless.

Am absolutely delighted that there's nothing majorly wrong with me, gonna really work hard at the mobility and stretching stuff. I think it was this mind ease that helped me get 50kg x 5 (x4) for my squats. So, thanks Will! Very sound guy.

Squats
    20kg x 8
    25kg x 8
    30kg x 8
    35kg x 5
    40kg x 5
    45kg x 5
    50kg x 5 (4sets)
    I actually thought I had done 47.5kg for 4sets last time, couldnt find those plates today so the choice was 45kg or 50kg went for the 50kg, got them nice and deep. Struggled on the last 2reps of last set though. Just shows I was being a wuss last time:)

DB Lunges
    12kg 3sets 8
    Might have to change to using a barbell next time. Have been doing these with the 12kg DBs fine but the 14kg DB's are just too heavy for my little arms..will try BB lunges next time.

Forgot to do this:confused:

Push Press

20kg x 12
    Once again couldn't find the 1.25 plates so had to go up to 25kg instead of 22.5kg.
    25kg x 11
    25kg x 10
    25kg x 7
    25kg x 8
    25kg x 8
    These hurt!

Supine row
    Didn't count reps on this. Was trying different foot postitions. Have decided i really need to work on volume here so gonna try them flat footed with knees bent for a while and just go for 3 x max

DB seated powerclean

3kg x 12 (3 sets) There was no 4kg DB there today and I wasn't assed going over to the 'Ladies Gym'.

Intervals X-Trainer
    The plan was 30sec hard/30sec easy x 4
    1 min easy
    repeat the cycle 4 times=20mins
    BUT 10mins into it one of the instructors came over and started talking, obviously intervals went out the window then. Worst thing is i had taken out my earphones cause I couldn't concentrate listening to music..maybe I'll just keep the earphones in next time with no music playing and I wont get interrupted:cool::D

Boxing instructor was away so I did a Spin Class instead.
    Excellent instructor, a lot of standing sprints and climbs. Could barely hold myself up on the bike after the push press from earlier.
    Absolutely shattered in a great way!

Nice one on the squats!

Sunday 8th of August
    A good day today!

Mobility Stuff
    Leg Swings 3 sets of 8
    Leg Sweeps 3 sets of 8
    Hurdle Steps 3 sets of 5
    Over and Unders 3 sets of 5

Deadlift:
    40kg x 5
    45kg x 5
    50kg x 5
    55kg x 5 (2 sets)
    60kg x 5 (3 sets)
    A personal trainer came over to me today when I was deadlifting to comment on my form..I'm delighted to say the least. I was kind of afraid that I'd start messing it up once I was upping the weights so it's good to know that I'm not messing it up...yet:D

12kg x 8 (2 sets)

DB Romanian DL: 14kg x 11 (2 sets) Was going for 12 reps but the grip on these weights gave out after 11.

Dips:

4 proper dips on parallel bars and then managed 1 tiny one (x 3)

Superset
    Pulldown: 37.5kg 3 x 10

Metcon
    Really like the idea of these metcons but haven't really got the mental strength for them yet,tend to take too many breaks when I know I don't really need them.
    400 m run-treadmill
    100 tuck jumps-did a bit of time wasting here, kept taking breaks when I didnt really need them:(
    100 lunges
    100 pushups-first 30 full pushups, next 60 on my knees, kept trying to do full ones but it wasnt happening, last 10 full..had to break them up into 2,2,2,2,2...yup a bit of work to do here:)
    400m run-treadmill
    A very embarrassing time of 18.54, will try it again in two weeks though..with something to compete against I'll probably try harder.

Some nice stretching

Monday 9th of August
    Woke up quite stiff this morning. Decided to hit the gym for some low intensity cardio, just to get the blood flowing and to help me be able to MOVE again:D

40 min easy-ish pace cycle
    Max HR 173 (88%)
    Av HR 144 (73%)

7 Assisted pullups 37.5kg
    10 one legged pushups

10 Inverted rows (both grips)
    5 burpees

15min core circuit-50 sec on 10 sec off

A lot of stretching

Hydro pool...:)

light jog this evening with friends, should have me loosened up and back on track for tomorrow

Tuesday 10th August
    Feeling normal again today..thank God..really was in a world of pain..well soreness yesterday.

Mobility Work
    Hurdle Steps 3 sets of 5
    Over and Unders 2 sets of 5

Squats
    20kg x 8
    25kg x 8
    30kg x 8
    35kg x 5
    40kg x 5
    45kg x 5
    50kg x 5 (4sets)- Don't remember these being as hard last week, really was grinding out the last rep in each set.
    52.5kg x 3 (just to see if I could do it)

Lunges
    25kg 3sets 8
    Tried these with the barbell today, felt ridiculously easy compared to using the DB's

2 sets of 20

Push Press

20kg x 12
    25kg x 10
    25kg x 9
    25kg x 8
    25kg x 8
    25kg x 7
    Wasn't too happy with these..got more reps last time, just wasnt happening today

Supine row
    Flat footed knees bent
    O/H grip 13, 14
    U/H grip 7, 10

DB seated powerclean

4kg x 12 (3 sets)

Really have a lot of work to do on the inverted rows, so decided to go for
    Thrusters- 25kg
    Inverted Rows

Really should of went for 20kg thrusters cos the 25kg was a bit too heavy for me, but I figured since I normally undershoot myself and pick light weights that I would stick it out.
    Time: 12.12

Haven't had any knee pain in a week now..so am thinking about starting training for a 10k race in September..have never raced before, but seeing as I haven't been able to do any running for about 6months so far this year thought it would be a good way of getting back into it.

Going to do some light jogging this evening and if all goes well will try a 5k/6k run tomorrow...fingers crossed

Wednesday 11th August
    Well went for a jog yesterday evening and everything seems to be going alright..no niggles....very happy camper!:)

AM
    Warm up 1k, dynamic stretching,
    5k- 24.04
    Max Hr 190 (97%) Av HR 173 (88%)
    Any runners out there....should I be trying to keep my heartrate lower or does it matter?? Bearing in mind that the only aim of the game is to get to 10k, don't think I'd be good for running any longer than this..I get distracted very easily.

Was happy enough with my time. I've set myself the aim of getting a sub 50min 10k which I think is do-able if I keep at it and stay injury free. Only planning to run twice a week and then a lot of crosstraining aswell...we'll see how this goes and whether it works outA lot of stretching afterwards

PM

Intervals on the x-trainer
    30sec hard/30sec easy x 4
    1 min easy
    x 3 =15mins

Boxercise
    good class.. did get a smack in the head though...

Thursday 12th August
    Hamstrings and Quads still a lil sore today.
    AM
    Mobility
    leg swings 3 x 10 L+R
    leg sweeps 3 x 10 L+R
    Over and unders 3 x 5
    Had to put my hands on the floor for the first two sets on both sides,...still feel a bit of 'sticking' as i push through
    Hurdle steps 3 x 5

Was a bit pushed for time for the mobility work this morning, had planned on doing a bit more...but..I had a few people stare for a while, and then come over and ask what I was doing, why was I doing it, who told me to do it....blah,blah,blah:pac::pac:...I just wanted to get on with it:)

Spin Class
    Great class-great mixture of sprints and then heavy resistance climbsMax HR 95% AV HR 85%

10 Assisted pullups setting 37.5kg (got a little ahead of myself here, couldnt believe when i got 10 in the 1st set, most I've gotten at that setting..obviously I crashed n burned in the nxt 2sets, had to break them up 5,3,2...a lot of work still needed here)
    10 one legged pushups

5 Dips Parallel Bars (4 proper, 1 tiny )
    10 one legged pushups

Spent a good bit of time stretching after...I HATE stretching but trying to at least do a little of it at least

PM-Light jogging this evening with friends.

Friday 13th August

Mobility Work
    Leg Swings 3 x 8
    Leg Sweeps 3 x 8
    Over and Unders 2 x 5 these felt really good today..a lot less 'sticking'
    Hurdle Steps 2 x 5

Deadlift:
    40kg x 5
    45kg x 5
    50kg x 5
    55kg x 5 all these warmup sets felt really easy today.
    60kg x 5
    65kg x 5 (x3) Oh Yeh! Can't believe the weight just keeps going up! Delighted!!

10kg x 10 (2 sets)

DB Romanian DL: 14kg x 12 (2 sets) There was no issue with grip today at all. Thinking of doing this with a BB next time..kind of feels a bit easy but I'm pretty sure I wouldnt be able to hold the 16kg DB:)

Dips:

5 proper dips on parallel bars :D:D:D:D (x 3)
    Finally happened today!! Will take another bit of work to get them going smoothly with a bit more ROM but for the moment I'm pretty damn happy!!

Superset
    Pulldown: 37.5kg 3 x 10 easier today
    Face Pulls:37.5kg 3 x 15.

Spin Class
    Pretty much the same as yesterday morning. Completely wrecked and drained after

Stretching

• Advertisement

Saturday 14th August
    Lovely sunny day today so...a nice light jog this morning, with a good few suicides and burpees thrown in for good measure.

I'm heading on holidays monday morning and going paintballing for the day tomorrow but i really wanted to get another strength session in before I go...so

Mobility Work
    Hurdle Steps 2 sets of 5 ( a lot of grinding and popping here )
    Over and Unders 2 sets of 5 (managed to do nearly all of these without using my hands on the floor:)

Squats
    20kg x 5
    25kg x 5
    30kg x 5
    35kg x 5
    40kg x 5
    45kg x 5
    50kg x 5 (4sets)-Yup was still really difficult.
    Couldnt find the plates to make 52.5kg and there was NO WAY i'd get 55kg. So stuck with the 50, glad I did cos I was really grinding them out..Could be because I only deadlifted yesterday?

Lunges
    Legs fairly wrecked after the squats and the sun was beaming in the gym..so that made two good excuses to skip them:P

2 sets of 20

Push Press

20kg x 12
    25kg x 8
    25kg x 8
    25kg x 8
    25kg x 7
    25kg x 7
    Wasn't happy at all with these, got WAY more reps last time

Supine row
    Flat footed knees bent
    O/H grip 15, 12
    U/H grip 9, 10

DB seated powerclean

4kg x 12 (3 sets)

...and off to the sunshine for a week:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,150 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

You seem to be doing a lot of heavy lifting in squat/deadlift warm-up sets. If your work set is 50kg I wouldn't advise doing 45x5, 40x5 etc.,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭Will Heffernan

What's happening on the training front?

What's happening on the training front?

Was off in the sunshine for a week... drinking + eating - training
    :D:D

The slacking has finished, back to business this morning

Tuesday 24th August

Mobility Work
    Leg Swings 3 x 8
    Leg Sweeps 3 x 8
    Over and Unders 3 x 5 .....ick..
    Hurdle Steps 2 x 5

Deadlift:
    40kg x 5 It actually took me a while to warm up today..after being a way
    45kg x 5 for a while
    50kg x 5
    55kg x 5
    60kg x 5
    65kg x 5 (x3) This was fairly hard alright, think it was much easier the last time I tried it

12kg x 8 (2 sets)-These near killed me! Legs were a shakey mess!

Romanian DL:
    Decided to use a barbell today because my grip was next to nothing after the split squats and deadlifts..funnily enough I couldnt really grip the barbell either..was trying for
    30kg x 10 hand grip failed after a few reps so went with
    25kg x 10 (x2) even that was next to impossible I'm going blame these shoddy attempts on the fact that I did absolutely no training in about 10days

Dips:

Paralell bar dips- weren't really happening either..no strength at all..think I got 3, 3, 2, 2

Superset
    Pulldown: 37.5kg 3 x 10 no grip at all, had to break up the reps cos I refused to lower the weights

All in all was delighted to get back to training but wasnt too impressed with the lack of strength

but sure as they say..one step back, two steps forward:)

Tonight
    1hr easy running tonight with friends

gymfreak wrote: »
    1hr easy running tonight with friends
    yeh the easy part didnt really happen yesterday, it was lashing raining so we decided to change it up and did a fair amount of sprints, coupled with burpees...fun

Severe DOMS today, absolutely everywhere..especially my glutes and hamstrings..completely forgot to do any kind of stretching yesterday..so I suppose it is partially my fault:)

Wednesday 25th August
    Mobility/stability stuff
    Leg Swings 3 x 10
    Leg Sweeps 3 x 10
    Knee drops 3x 8
    tried these again on a lower level 2 x3
    One legged squat 3x 5

Really had to do something to loosen up a bit..
    Boxercise class-pushups, boxing, pushups, burpees, pushups...and a hell of a lot more pushups

A LOT of stretching
    especially..
    Butterfly Stretch - I fecking HATE this one, it hurts like hell
    Single Leg Groin Stretch
    Seated Glute
    Lying Glute Stretch

Thursday 26th August
    Was still very stiff this morning so gonna give my squat day a miss until tomorrow.

Leg Swings 3 x 10
    Leg Sweeps 3 x 10
    Quad Walk
    Hamstring Walk

Spin Class -lots of sprints and climbs and less recovery time than usual
    Max HR 197(101%) Av HR 178(91%)
    was shattered after, had a lil rest then

10 thrusters 25kg
    20 inverted rows
    had to break up the reps on both exercises

5 asstd pullups 37.5kg
    5 one legged burpees

5 dips parallel bars (DELIGHTED to get 5 reps again!)
    10 jump squats

Stretch, stretch, stretch

One legged burpees?:eek: ARE OUT OF YOUR MIND WOMAN???!!

G86 wrote: »
    One legged burpees?:eek: ARE OUT OF YOUR MIND WOMAN???!!
    :D:D you'd be surprised how easy they actually are. Once ya get the hang of doing pushups with one leg in the air your ready to give them a shot and... trying to keep ur balance keeps ur mind of the fact that your doing burpees...a win-win situation:)

Friday 27th August
    Set 20mins aside for mobility work and warmup..got distracted talking, so got nothing done

Squats
    20kg x 5
    30kg x 5
    40kg x 5
    45kg x 5
    50kg x 5
    52.5 kg x 5 (4sets)
    Was pretty pissed off doing these, got really frustrated because I thought I'd done 52.5kg x 5 last time and couldnt understand why I was finding it so hard, had a few very close fails and had to rerack a few times during the final few sets cos I was being a wuss.
    ...funnily enough when I looked back on my log it was only 50kg that I did last time..so I guess I should be happy with it!!:pac::pac: must remember to read my log before a workout and not after:pac::pac:

Will keep with the 52.5kg for a while, got myself a spotter for next time aswell so that should help

BB Lunges
    30kg x 8 (3 sets)

3 sets of 20

Push Press

20kg x 12
    25kg x 9
    25kg x 7
    25kg x 8
    25kg x 7
    25kg x 8

DB seated powerclean

4kg x 12 (3 sets)

Spin Class-completely SHATTERED after
    Max HR 196 (100%) Av HR 177 (90%)

• Advertisement

Tuesday 31st August
    Trying to settle to a new routine with work at the min so workouts will probably be sporadic for the next while

Mobility Work
    Over and Unders 3 x 5
    Hurdle Steps 2 x 5

Deadlift:
    40kg x 5
    50kg x 5
    60kg x 5
    65kg x 5.....
    ......deliberated for a while and then finally went for it
    70kg x 5 (3 sets) only problem with it was my grip, bar was falling out of my hands so had to keep resetting it before going again, each set ended up (2,1,1,1) for 3 sets

BB Romanian DL:
    27.5kg x 12 (2 sets)

12kg x 8 (2 sets)-A tad easier today. Was actually my grip that was letting me down AGAIN!

Dips: [/B]
    Paralell bar- 5,5,5,4

Superset
    Pulldown: 37.5kg 3 x 10 ...grip letting me down here aswell...grrr!!
    Face Pulls:37.5kg 3 x 15.

1hr easy running
    Hopefully get some interval training done tomorrow!

Advertisement