Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

London for the weekend.

Options
  • 17-06-2014 11:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭

Hey, I'm planning on travelling to London with a friend in a couple of weeks. We are in our early 20's and I'm just wondering if anyone could recommend a nice social spot for us to stay that is quite central. I have stayed in Shepards Bush before and found it quiet. We would be looking for a place with good night life and still central to getting around. Also something relatively cheap not too pricey. :)

Thanks any info would be great :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

Get an Air BnB in somewhere like Shoreditch, Hoxton, Haggerston or Whitechapel. Eat curry. Get wrecked in the East End. Job done.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Playboy

Couple of hostels in Shoreditch too, big one across the road from the Eagle.

Alternatively you could stay around Clapham Common but I think Shoreditch will be more fun

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭Long Gone

Paddington is your only man. Cheap accomodation, great pubs and clubs full of flirty young wans, walking distance to Oxford Street - What more do ya want ?

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Bill-e

I personally prefer Clapham Common. You can chill out in a range of nice pubs and if it's nice out you can chill on the common with a few tins :D

If you get bored just hop on the tube and check out the places mentioned above.

Accommodation wise you're only reasonably priced places are the euro hotel / euro lodge by clapham south or the Gateway if you want to be a little more fancy.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 imPhilip

Just back from London and stayed in CitizenM Hotel, beside the Tate. Rooms are small, but have everything you need.

• Advertisement
Advertisement