Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Quick Erasmus question

• 21-09-2014 7:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭

Hi,

I'm looking to start digital media with anthropology next year and I'm thinking about erasmus - I'm particularly interested in france. Because it's an odd combination, I'm wondering how erasmus might work ie will I have to find a college where I can study both of those subjects? or can it be just one? or can it just be something within the same field of study?
    Any advice appreciated :-)
    Thanks!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5 lawlessaine

Hi,
    I'm having the same problem, there's no information on whether or not you can continue
    with your arts subject if you want to do the BA International or if you have to drop it and do Digital media alone.
    Did you find out any more about it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭mickstupp

@lawlessaine

Not sure where to specifically find that info, but there's an open day next Saturday in the college. Bound to be someone there who can fill you in.
    https://www.maynoothuniversity.ie/news-events/spring-open-day-saturday-25th-april-2015

EDIT: Something on this page might help: https://www.maynoothuniversity.ie/international/going-abroad-maynooth

Failing that, could just contact the International Office: https://www.maynoothuniversity.ie/international/contact - Even if they can't help you, they should be able to point you to someone who can.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭plumpote

This all depends on your departments and where you go on Erasmus.
    You'll have to choose subjects/modules when you go abroad, filling up 60 credits' worth.
    Some departments insist that you take 30 credits in each of your subjects; others are more relaxed about it, letting you pick modules outside your course. You'll have to ask the international co-ordinator in your department. You should be able to keep up both your subjects though (unless you study something a bit more limited like Irish!)

Remember that if you want to study through a foreign language (eg. if you go to France, Spain etc...) you'll have to prove that you have a sufficient level in that language.

The staff in the International office are extremely helpful - they'll answer all your questions. The open day next Saturday is also a good bet.

Advertisement