Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

DIT accommodation thread 2014/2015

Options
  • 21-07-2014 7:27pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34

Hi,
    I'm looking for anyone who is searching for Accomodation who are starting any of the BIMM courses in September 2014. Looking for house shares near Francis Street or in the Dublin 8 area. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 sass90

Hi all!

I am a 24 year old mature female student from Galway desperately seeking accommodation for this September coming ! I have been accepted to the Irish college of music theatre course in dit rathmines and am seeking a single room , close to the college .

I am a fun, hard working, genuine girl and am not having much look with my accommodation hunt !

Perhaps somebody could help ?

Thanks in advance ,
    Sarah

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Lorrs33

They have options on their website to book a boardroom, but I'm not sure if students are allowed to do that.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭F9Devil

I've only ever done it in person, on the far side of the librarians desk is a bunch of sheets where you fill in your name in the time slot you want, you can only have an hour or two straight per name. Just alternate the names of the people who will be using the board room with you on the sheet.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Lesmanic

Hi Leo ,
    Have you had much luck ? Starting myself in september .

• Registered Users Posts: 3 nickwarduk

Hi Leo,

I've applied but just waiting to see if i'm in yet. I'm also looking for accommodation. Have you found anyone else looking?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34 Leo12

Hi it's for my son, he's starting this Sept. He's emailed a lot of places but hasn't heard much back yet so far....fingers crossed you get your place at BIMM !

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,107 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Please post all DIT accommodation requests and discussion here.
    For all campuses (campi? scampi?)
    Thanks.

Existing threads merged into this. 25 July 2014

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭LoveLamps

Ill have a scampi if theyre goin

• Registered Users Posts: 13 DuineGael

CHEAP ACCOMMODATION - 20 MINS FROM CITY CENTRE

Hi all! I am a TCD student living with my family in Raheny which is just 20 mins from the city centre.

Here are the rates:

€100 - Sunday Night to Thursday night per week.
    €125 - Entire week.

No other bills included.

<modsnip> don't put up your contact details! - Use the PM system. </modsnip>

• Registered Users Posts: 3 codya

Hi I am 20 yr old female starting vocal stream September looking to share with 2 other musicians from bimm to keep rent down to under 400pm. Brother going into 4 th yr vocals but I want to share with others.there are a few places near Francis street available if two share one room and the third has the single room?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 ros95

Wondering if there are any 1st year students out there who accepted an offer from DIT (Bolton Street, Grangegorman, Cathal Brugha or wherever on the northside) looking for a place to stay. Not awfully picky on the type house, apartment or room will do at a reasonable price.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭kirkfx

Room for rent in Phipsborough, would suit someone going to Bolton St.

Myself and 2 students in Bolton street, 1 other chap and 1 girl.

We have a 9 month lease. Its a single bed in your own room €500 a month.

If your interested PM me

• Registered Users Posts: 36 GraceCareer

Hi, looking for a place near Cathal Brugha St, preferably with other DIT students. Can you recommend?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 RisteardM

I am an incoming first year and I am pretty stuck for a place to stay, I would take anywhere at this stage, so please get on to me if you have a spare room or know where i could find one.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Barton4life

Hi I'm looking for a room around the city centre or it's boundaries :) I'm a final year student in Kevin Street and commuting 2 hours every morning is pretty tiresome! if anyone has a room please let me know :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Under_Graduate

I know of daft.ie

Are there any others specific to the locality?

Damn, first time looking to rent in Dublin.

Pricey, innit?

Currently looking at short stay cause it's the only one I can afford, then hopefully link up with another short stay when the lease on that is up.

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭jrmb

Damn, first time looking to rent in Dublin.

Pricey, innit?
    It doesn't have to be so bad if you're willing to share a room until you find some work.

jrmb wrote: »
    It doesn't have to be so bad if you're willing to share a room until you find some work.

I see the room shares are cheaper alright, but don't think I could do that TBH.

I do see some of the rooms around Huston station area are a little cheaper.

How is commuting from there to about the Temple Bar area by bike?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,107 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

I see the room shares are cheaper alright, but don't think I could do that TBH.

I do see some of the rooms around Huston station area are a little cheaper.

How is commuting from there to about the Temple Bar area by bike?

You'd walk it in half an hour - maybe ten minutes on a bike?

• Advertisement

spurious wrote: »
    You'd walk it in half an hour - maybe ten minutes on a bike?
    Yeah, Dublinbikes would make it very easy. In bad weather, you could get the Luas to Jervis.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 ronflynn

Hiya! Not sure if this is the right place to post this but, I'm applying to NCAD and DIT for September 2015 and I'm looking for accommodation. I'm living in Belfast right now, studying a foundation art diploma, and I haven't a clue about renting in Dublin!

If any of you have any tips or can help me out let me know!

I'm sure i'll be posting here again, as I'm trying to get my portfolio together at the moment!

Karen x

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Barton4life

ronflynn wrote: »
    Hiya! Not sure if this is the right place to post this but, I'm applying to NCAD and DIT for September 2015 and I'm looking for accommodation. I'm living in Belfast right now, studying a foundation art diploma, and I haven't a clue about renting in Dublin!

If any of you have any tips or can help me out let me know!

I'm sure i'll be posting here again, as I'm trying to get my portfolio together at the moment!

Karen x

My best advice would try and put a deposit down for the student accomodations come may. Griffith Halls, Herberton, Gateway etc. Accomodation in Dublin has become a nightmare to get and isn't going to get much easier. These places are places that can guarantee you a place come September. At least put a deposit down while you look for apartments or houses elsewhere just so you have something to fall back on.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 ronflynn

Thank you for your comment! I had a look at student halls but single rooms are about £1000 per month. Yikes!

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭A7XGirl

I'm still looking for accommodation, I'll take anything close to Aungier St and that's not over 450 euro per month.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 john057

i am starting phase 6 in DIT bolton street on the 7th of April so looking for accommodation. is there student apartment blocks or where does everyone stay? any good B&Bs? what sort of price would i be looking at for 4 or 5 nights a week?

also is the building for phase 6 separate from the collage and how would i find it? is there an online map for DIT?

anyone know of this place?
    Camden Deluxe Hotel,
    84 - 87 Lower Camden Street,
    Dublin 2 Ireland

is there a local bus stop to get from camden street to DIT and how often would it run? also would a bus run from hueston station to camden street?

john057 wrote:
    is there a local bus stop to get from camden street to DIT and how often would it run?
    Which DIT? You wouldn't need a bus to get to Aungier St, Kevin St or Rathmines. Bolton St is a 10-15 minute walk away too.

ok all it says is DIT Bolton street.

• Advertisement
Advertisement