Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What rescue/hybrid club

• 17-04-2011 11:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭

I'm thinking about replacing my three wood with a higher loft hybrid. I currently carry a driver, three wood, and taylor made number 3 hybrid, 19 degree. It does have quite a low hard trajectory, not easily shaped. It's about 4 years old now but works a treat, goes for miles. Because I can hit it close enough to the three wood, I think I would benefit from getting a 24 degree hybrid for those heavier lies where I dont fancy getting a 4 or 5 iron through, and where I want the option of shaping it, or hitting it higher.

Anyone any thoughts on what to get? I'd be happy enough to search ebay for another taylor made with higher loft, the standard stiff graphit shaft in the one I have is really nice, just begging to be whacked! But if anyone else out there has fallen in love with another hybrid I'd be open minded! Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭k.p.h

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/MD-GOLF-SUPERSTRONG-HYBRID-RESCUE-UTILITY-CLUB-21-STIFF-/160566319185?pt=UK_SportsLeisure_Golf_GolfClubs_JN&hash=item25627f9851#ht_1684wt_907

MD Golf Superstrong is worth a look performance wise and price wise. I prefer it to the other few I have hit (TM Burner, Callaway Diablo) . It's a little harder to hit but more capable when it comes to shot making IMO. I was influenced by the price a good bit also so my opinion is probably a little through rose tinted glasses but I would at least recommended you have a belt of one. (Oh yeah awesome looking at address)

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭Atlantic1

I reckon the Cleveland Halo is the best of all the hybrids. So easy to hit. Also available on ebay.

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭searay

I had a custom fit with Foregolf who recommended I get a 24 degree taylormade hybrid as my 19 degree was too close in distance to my other clubs. Told them I'd think about it. A week later I spotted an MD with prolaunch shaft for €65 in a proshop and bought it. Great club which I wouldn't sell for three times the money.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭BoardsMember

Thanks for the responses guys. Never heard of MD Golf before. I think I need to get hitting a few different ones to see what feels good to me. Anyone know who stocks MD Golf clubs? I would be very reluctant to buy a club without having hit a few shots with it, even if the price was very tempting!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭conno16

the titleist 910h is the job
    i'm getting a second one
    i've knocked almost 2 shots off this year already and put most of this down to my new use of hybrid technology

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭gotapaininmy

I got custom fit in Carton house about 3 years ago for a King Cobra Baffler and it's probably the most reliable club in my bag. I found it much easier to hit than other hybrids I owned or tried out including the MD superstrong, taylor made, callaway and titleist. Granted i haven't tried the newer models of these clubs because I'm happy with what I've got.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭Iangolf

I would have to agree about the cleveland halo, I have the 16*, 19* and 22*, I usually only carry the 16* and 22*. They are very easy to hit and shape.

In relation to MD's hybrids, I havent hit them but I do have MD wedges and I am super impressed, great to have an Irish company doing well and charging affordable prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭MaxPower89

I got a 2nd hand Sonartec 21 degree at the weekend, but have yet to try it out. They dont seem to be popular in Europe, but I think they are big in the states, and come highly recommended.

Advertisement