Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Do you think Quinten Hann will ever be back on the Snooker circuit?

• 10-05-2010 8:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭

This just got me thinking due to the John Higgins story and that he could be banned for a long period of time. I know Quinten was not one of the best players but he was in the top 16 and was fairly ok, took on some attacking potts and made for good tv.
    He got banned for 8 years in 2006, so my question is do you reckon he will try and come back in 4 years time? he is still fairly young.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Lemegeton

he can try but nobody in the snooker world will want him back. Hann would have to have seriously sorted out his attitude to even think about a return.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭aDeener

no one has ever followed on from his smash the pack tactic! was savage when it worked

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

aDeener wrote: »
    no one has ever followed on from his smash the pack tactic! was savage when it worked

Wasnt the idea of that to prevent his opponents making sizeable breaks? It lead to messy frames imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭aDeener

EnterNow wrote: »
    Wasnt the idea of that to prevent his opponents making sizeable breaks? It lead to messy frames imo.

yes, i believe anthony hamilton gave out quite a bit about him after doing it. but what i was referring to, and what i enjoyed, was when he would pot a red straight from the break.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭DubGF

Theres a lad that has done that in the Dublin leagues, cheeky ****er I thought untill he knocked in a 60 break from it !!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭consultech

Depends on the type of table, If ur playing on one with buckets then it's a viable approach.

I think Hann's plan was to throw the match though in fairness. Wouldn't exactly be surprising given his history.

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭elgriff

Any news on this? Ban is over now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭pmy.murphy

elgriff wrote: »
    Any news on this? Ban is over now

I highly doubt Quinten Hann will ever make a return to the professional circuit. I believe he was very active on the pool circuit for a number of years after his ban. Im not sure if he still is now to be honest

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭syngindub

So went and changed his name. Quinten Hunter aka Quinten Hann

Wise move, but judging by the link above he is in hot water for providing finanacial services.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭seanhynes

Not a fear will he be seen playing snooker again

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Steger

he is retired at 37 so I doubt he would play snooker again

Advertisement