Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

WANTED: Large Road Bike/Hybrid ~€400

• 31-07-2012 4:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭

As per title. I'm 6'1" in need of a bike for commuting in Dublin. My Speciallized Sirrus Sport was recently stolen, so need a replacement. I have up to 450 to spend, and if you are not personally selling, I would appreciate any advice you may have!

Cheers guys!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭jaqian

I've a hybrid haven't got around to putting up on adverts yet. Its a grey Trek 7.2fx comes with pannier and one bag. Its 53cm and should do you as I'm 6ft. Its one year old and 24 gears. €300

• Registered Users Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭Zippe

Hi,
    I know of a giant OCR3,size L and the guy that has it is same hight as you so it should suit,I'll post pics and price later,

Zip,

• Registered Users Posts: 4 daraross

Hi Jaqian, I'd be interested in having a look at your bike..Any pics?

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Mugsy_P

Zippe wrote: »
    Hi,
    I know of a giant OCR3,size L and the guy that has it is same hight as you so it should suit,I'll post pics and price later,

Zip,

Hey Zip, Any more details on this yet?

Mugsy_P wrote: »
    Hey Zip, Any more details on this yet?

Hey,
    I'll get some info and pics up in the next hr,

Cheers zip,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭El Director

Hey Mugsy,

I will be putting my Giant Defy 2009 bike up for sale soon, I'm 6'1" myself, it's a large frame

Serviced in late June and only riden once since then
    Shimano pedals and normal pedals
    Carbon Forks
    Clip on tri bars too if you want them
    A choice of stems, 100 - 110mm I think, will have to check

I wouldn't be selling only that I need to raise funds :o €400 ono
    I am down home so will have to wait until Tuesday to get pictures up if you are interested.

Hey,

I have just been over to see the bike and get details off it,it's a size medium 54 top tube so I'd say it's too small,you would want a 56 or so top tube,you need to be sure you get the right size bike or it won't be much good to you,

Cheers zip,

Cheers for getting back to me anyway Zip!

Hey El Director, which model Defy is it? I'd be interested in giving it a look alright.

Sorry about the delay here are the photos...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mtjnumabl7lmd65/2012-08-05%2021.19.19.jpg

https://www.dropbox.com/s/taqhg9eq42t04xo/2012-08-05%2021.19.51.jpg

Just realised I gave the wrong size earlier. The bike is 51cm or 20in in old money.

Hey El Director, which model Defy is it? I'd be interested in giving it a look alright.

I think it is the Defy 4, once I get back to Dublin on Tuesday I will check it out dude.

• Advertisement

jaqian wrote: »
    Sorry about the delay here are the photos...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mtjnumabl7lmd65/2012-08-05%2021.19.19.jpg

https://www.dropbox.com/s/taqhg9eq42t04xo/2012-08-05%2021.19.51.jpg

Just realised I gave the wrong size earlier. The bike is 51cm or 20in in old money.
    Looks good Jaqian but may be too small as I'm 6ft2?

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭ad1234

Hi we have a Giant brand hybrid bike for sale for €350 with lights, helmet w/light attached, lock, speedometer and wet gear. Original cost of everything was €938 2 years ago. Its in great condition. rarely used and was cycled comfortably by a 6ft1" man, who was measured for the freme. :)

daraross wrote: »
    Looks good Jaqian but may be too small as I'm 6ft2?

Maybe. Was checking out bike charts on google and looks like you need a bigger frame alright.

Hey Jaqian, where in Dublin are you. Might have a look at the bike and check size

Hey Jaqian, where in Dublin are you. Might have a look at the bike and check size

Hi Daraross I'm in Finglas. As it didn't suit the OP I moved it to Adverts...
    http://www.adverts.ie/bikes/trek-7-2fx/1946148

Hi, sorry for the delay. I can confirm that it is a Defy 4, I will get photo's up this evening or tomorrow morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭Donny5

Hi, sorry for the delay. I can confirm that it is a Defy 4, I will get photo's up this evening or tomorrow morning.

What year model is the bike? If the OP doesn't want this, I might be interested.

I can call over tomorrow. When you around?

I can call over tomorrow. When you around?

Me? Anytime after five.

Donny5 wrote: »
    What year model is the bike? If the OP doesn't want this, I might be interested.

Here are the details again and some pics

Giant Defy 2009, I'm 6'1", it's a large frame

Serviced in late June and only riden once since then
    Shimano pedals and normal pedals
    Carbon Forks
    Clip on tri bars too if you want them
    A choice of stems, 100 - 110mm I think, will have to check
    Two good continental ultra gatorskin tyres

picture.php?albumid=2165&pictureid=13637

picture.php?albumid=2165&pictureid=13643

picture.php?albumid=2165&pictureid=13640

picture.php?albumid=2165&pictureid=13639

picture.php?albumid=2165&pictureid=13638

Some marks:

picture.php?albumid=2165&pictureid=13641

picture.php?albumid=2165&pictureid=13642

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭Donny5

Here are the details again and some pics

Giant Defy 2009, I'm 6'1", it's a large frame

Thanks for that- where are you based in Dublin? Could I arrange to have a look?

As per title. I'm 6'1" in need of a bike for commuting in Dublin. My Speciallized Sirrus Sport was recently stolen, so need a replacement. I have up to 450 to spend, and if you are not personally selling, I would appreciate any advice you may have!

Cheers guys!

PM sent

Donny5 wrote: »
    Thanks for that- where are you based in Dublin? Could I arrange to have a look?

PM sent

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭grange mac

jaqian wrote: »

Hi Daraross I'm in Finglas. As it didn't suit the OP I moved it to Adverts...
    http://www.adverts.ie/bikes/trek-7-2fx/1946148

I hav a trek7900hybrid great nick but based in cork. Am 6.2 plenty big enough for me. Front shocks 24sp minimal usage as i had great intentions but now need dosh. Anyway goin in donedeal as adverts seems full of clowns with no money

Hey guys, cheers for all your replies. I purchased a new bike from Decathlon last night. Seems to be great value.
    Thanks again!

Advertisement