Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Another trailer recommendation for ye all..

Options
  • 10-03-2005 4:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭

Have been trawling through some excellent, average and just plain bad trailers.

One that caught by eye was the newest one from Richard Linklater. A truly brillant director who has such films as School Of Rock, Dazed And Confused, Before Sunset and Before Sunrise under his belt. He has also the excellent (and bizarre) looking A Scanner Darkly (click to see that trailer) on the way next.

Anyways, Linklater's newest is called 'The Bad News Bears' and is about a grizzled former minor league baseball player (Billy Bob Thornton) who is recruited to coach a woefully inept Little League team to a championship against their hated rivals, the Yankees.... sounds a little like The Mighty Ducks! :D

For some reason, the trailer actually isn't bad. Reminds me a little of the brillant 'Bad Santa'!

Click to see trailer!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,862 ✭✭✭mycroft

A Scanner darkly looks fantastic, and I can't wait to see it. Its based on a Philip K Dick Novel, and I always thought it would be unfilmable until I saw the trailer.......

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

mycroft wrote:
    A Scanner darkly looks fantastic, and I can't wait to see it. Its based on a Philip K Dick Novel, and I always thought it would be unfilmable until I saw the trailer.......
    I posted that trailer here a couple of weeks back but now it's in lovely Quicktime format as opposed to the crappy streaming one i posted at the time.
    Original post here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=227793

Looks like those transitions / bright vivid colours could give you quite a migraine on a cinema screen though..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭herobear

basquille wrote:

Looks like those transitions / bright vivid colours could give you quite a migraine on a cinema screen though..

nah, it looks beautiful! :)

bad news bears also looks great, and ye're spot on about the bad santa likeness, you seen the trailer for friday night lights ? its similiar to it(but about american football, and lacks Thornton's sarkiness, but what ye gonna do)

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Heard of Friday Night Lights but never actually saw much about it! It's Billy Bob's sarkiness that makes his cool.. love his line in the BNB trailer:

"Baseball's hard.. you can love it but it doesn't always love you back... kinda like dating a German chick!" OR "you swing like Helen Keller at a pinata party!"

Bad News Bears should be good.

Advertisement