Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Anyone *not* seen LOTR?

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭Hugh Hefner

I've seen none of the films or read any of the books (as if I would read anyway). In the beginning I just hadn't gotten around to seeing them and then I had no oppourtunity to see them but now I'm almost bent on never seeing them just so I can never have seen them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Spacedog

I for one HATE The Lord of the Rings, I've never read any of the books or watched any of the films. It's so crappy, with all those... Lords and... eh.... Rings. I'd rather be killed than watch a second/read a word of something I have no experience of, especially it other people recomend it. You know why? cos I'm 'tarded!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Orla1

I have never seen and never will see any more than the first two minutes of the first film... I nearly thery the tv out d window watchin it... It's pure and utter CRAP...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Spacedog wrote:
    I for one HATE The Lord of the Rings, I've never read any of the books or watched any of the films. It's so crappy, with all those... Lords and... eh.... Rings. I'd rather be killed than watch a second/read a word of something I have no experience of, especially it other people recomend it. You know why? cos I'm 'tarded!

That'd be +1 rep for you :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭*adele*

i havent

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8 D.Fitz

Where is all this coming from I loved all three movies, yet must admit I couldnt finish the books.
    How can you say its crap without giving it a chance???

• Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

This is far better than the movies. I seriously suggest all Tolkien fanboys and girls (like me :)) give it a go. It's spectacular.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭herobear

DapperGent wrote:
    This is far better than the movies. I seriously suggest all Tolkien fanboys and girls (like me :)) give it a go. It's spectacular.

65 quid f?ck that :/

read the books when i was younger, but gave up midway through the 2nd outta boredom, although i read all 3 right through just before the first film came out and enjoyed them.

i liked the first film, hated the second and have no interest in seeing the third.....yup

• Registered Users Posts: 4,287 ✭✭✭NotMe

I think I saw a bit of one of the films. Couldn't be bothered watching them. Never watched any Star Wars films either.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

herobear wrote:
    65 quid f?ck that :/
    They're not fúcking cheap that's for sure. 13 hours of pure joy though. This might serve as a taster. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,647 ✭✭✭impr0v

Loved the book(s), wasn't overly impressed with the films, even though they were admirably faithful to the books. Somehow it seemed better when it was only in my imagination.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

ive *not* not seen LOTR

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

watched the first (drawn out drivel that bored me to tears)
    watched half of the second one (drawn out drivel that bored me to tears)
    didnt bother watching the 3rd one (probably would be drawn out drivel that will bore me to tears)

Advertisement