Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ever Been Arrested?

• 15-02-2012 7:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭

Was arrested for the first time last weekend after a night out and getting into a row with a Guard - not a good idea. Got handcuffed and put in the back of a van.

It's amazing how quick you can sober up in a cell. Couldn't get to sleep either with the lad next door banging on his cell door all the time and the guards checking. The cell just had a big concrete slab to lie on and a smelly blanket - seemed like I was there much longer than I was.

Pretty embarassing really but an experience too. Don't plan on repeating it.

Just wondering if anybody else been arrested and if you have any stories to tell?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭R P McMurphy

you lucky lucky b#srard

• Registered Users Posts: 7,041 ✭✭✭Seachmall

I've been warned, restrained and searched by Gardai on a couple of different occasions.

Never officially cautioned or arrested.

Even in my drunkest of states I've never raised my voice at a Garda, or anyone else for that matter. You'd have to be an idiot to do that, they're only doing their job and they will arrest you.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

Conor84 wrote: »
    Was arrested for the first time last weekend after a night out and getting into a row with a Guard - not a good idea. Got handcuffed and put in the back of a van.

It's amazing how quick you can sober up in a cell. Couldn't get to sleep either with the lad next door banging on his cell door all the time and the guards checking. The cell just had a big concrete slab to lie on and a smelly blanket - seemed like I was there much longer than I was.

Pretty embarassing really but an experience too. Don't plan on repeating it.

Just wondering if anybody else been arrested and if you have any stories to tell?

Your missus isn't a cop, is she?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭Fromthetrees

As a teenager :( but I hope and pray I'm older and less retarted now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Mickey Dazzler

I have been arrested for....

Criminal Damage
    Breaking and entering
    Burglary
    Drunk and disorderly (many times)
    Wasting police time
    dangerous driving
    assault
    GBH.

All before my 18th birthday and haven't being done for anything in the succeeding 14 years.

It is safe to say I was a compete bollocks in my youth.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 44 phurryphace

I was arrested for peeing in public 35yrs ago but they let me go.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Conor84

telekon wrote: »
    Your missus isn't a cop, is she?

Ha, no although I did get an earful from her when I finally got home the next morning.:mad: I had only gone out for a cigarette and got involved in something I shouldn't have. I admit I was a fool and know they are only doing their job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,318 ✭✭✭Fishooks12

yep, when I was 18 and acting the ape on the street in Limerick whilst pissed. Got ****ed in a cell in Henry street for the night. Best life lesson I've ever had, made me cop myself on

Yup. Well, more questioned and cautioned due to my age. Ah the joys of then being under 16.

Criminal Damage
    Breaking and entering
    Burglary
    Wasting police time
    dangerous driving
    assault
    GBH.

All before my 18th birthday and haven't being done for anything in the succeeding 14 years.

So it's true - you can get away with anything before you are 18!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭TJ Mackie

Criminal Damage
    Breaking and entering
    Burglary
    Wasting police time
    dangerous driving
    assault
    GBH.

Clearly you're not including being arrested by the grammar police ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Raditub

no not myself but had a few boyfriends who i had to collect from the station!!! Puttin up with that is equally dumb! Thats all way in the past thank god! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

That's the most retarted thing I ever did read :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 25,057 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

I was put into the back of a car for making pig noises (yes I know that's idiotic) at a Garda one night. They let me go after driving around for 10 minutes having the craic though :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 427 ✭✭scotty_irish

I can run quickly, so no.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,084 ✭✭✭oppenheimer1

Criminal Damage
    Breaking and entering
    Burglary
    Wasting police time
    dangerous driving
    assault
    GBH.

Just got better at getting away with it then?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

More a pie man myself.....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

Arrested a few times as a young teen. Mostly for drinking/drinking related behaviour. I am not a good person when intoxicated. I think I would have been in a lot more trouble by now if I hadn't completely stopped drinking. I'm actually afraid of getting drunk now.

I've been stopped for speeding and some minor motoring offences, but have never been arrested/fined or got any penalty points. I'm much much better at talking my way out of trouble now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭wilkie2006

Conor84 wrote: »
    Was arrested for the first time last weekend after a night out and getting into a row with a Guard - not a good idea.

Hey OP, was it anything like this?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

Unfortunately yes, about 5 times. From the ages of about 15-22. One conviction.
    Most were my own fault but one was definitely not. Sometimes the good men and women of law enforcement are absolute *****.

• Advertisement

wilkie2006 wrote: »
    Hey OP, was it anything like this?

Funny but no - was just me on my own looking at a big steel door. No toilet in the cell - just a 'shower tray' like thing in the corner to p**s in!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

30 years ago, got into a fight wiv me mate, otherwise as the OP describes things have not changed.

Later a court appearance, a IR£5 fine [scott free] and me names in Da Paper, so proud. :)

Fishooks12 wrote: »
    yep, when I was 18 and acting the ape on the street in Limerick whilst pissed. Got ****ed in a cell in Henry street for the night. Best life lesson I've ever had, made me cop myself on

Was he gentle?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Sykk

No, because I'm not a pieball.

Even though I know the garda sometimes arrest people when they're bored.. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Never been arrested, I'm too sneaky to get caught.

Closest was years ago when a Gardaì accused me of being on drugs and dragged me into the back of a squad car. He went fùckin' nuts in the seat in front me shouting & screaming. I wasn't drunk or had any drugs but this guy was in one hell of a foul mood.

Brought me into the station and told other Gardaì there that I was standing out in the middle of the road obstructing traffic. I wasn't, I was on the curb of the pavement in between 2 parked cars. When I said this, the Garda replied: "Are you calling me a fùckin' liar!?!" and pinned his forehead up against mine, pushing my head back with a sharp jolt from his. I kept my mouth shut afterwards as he was itching for me to say or do something wrong.

I refused to sign the book and was told I was being detainted for a drug search so I emptied my pockets, had nothing, Garda asked me where I worked, said he'll personally make sure I get a handful of summons and that he'll have his day in court smiling at me. He then said "Now, be a good little boy, grab your things and get the fùck out of here!"

Utter cùnt. Never did get that summons, though :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,041 ✭✭✭Seachmall

Duggy747 wrote: »
    the Garda replied: "Are you calling me a fùckin' liar!?!" and pinned his forehead up against mine

Should have said "Yes.", if he does nothing he does nothing, if he swings CHA-CHING! and he gets his up-and-comings.

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭mysteries1984

No, because I'm really boring and haven't done a whole lot to warrant an arrest. Underage drinking, bit of smoking, that was the worst of it.

I did accompany an ex boyfriend to court though because he'd been given a summons for cycling through a red light on his push bike. I felt like I was in Law & Order, sitting in the courtroom :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭Dots1982

Criminal Damage
    Breaking and entering
    Burglary
    Wasting police time
    dangerous driving
    assault
    GBH.

Were you arrested in England for GBH? I don't think GBH exists in Irish law, its goes as a first degree assault more than likely.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Seachmall wrote: »
    Should have said "Yes.", if he does nothing he does nothing, if he swings CHA-CHING! and he gets his up-and-comings.

Heh, I wasn't that arrogant to say that considering the station I was in was notorious for beating the living shìt out of people and having any case brought towards them dropped by the judge.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Dots1982 wrote: »
    Were you arrested in England for GBH? I don't think GBH exists in Irish law, its goes as a first degree assault more than likely.

Don't be so fcukin' pedantic!

Advertisement