Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Joomla back door to content...

• 25-08-2009 1:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭

Using joomla website to offer subscription to access ebooks, so you register, pay, then get access to the content but....

...the content is downloadable through a link on the registered users pages to the pdf's I have uploaded to the media manager in joomla, without registering you can get access to the books by knowing the direct link to the content...so what's the point! If you pay for the first access then sure all you need to do is pass around the direct link and you can get everything for free! I cannot find how to prevent access to media content in joomla by non-registered users...is it possible?

I have posted about this on joomla.org forums and noone is replying about it...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭KerranJast

You need to block direct access to the file directory using Apache so that files can only be accessed through a web page. This isn't a Joomla specific problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,346 ✭✭✭randombar

Hi,

What plugin are you using in Joomla for this? I am interested in doing the same for a friend of mine.

Thanks
    Gary

Advertisement