Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Obesity map for the USA!

• 31-07-2007 6:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16,109 ✭✭✭✭

Interesting to see the USA split along obese lines:

Obesity map

I wonder what a map of Ireland would look like. Would Dublin still be blue? ;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

The figures are from the BMI scale. Not exaclty accurate, far from it infact.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

I don't buy the california one.
    Have you seen some of those sticks on tv?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Ciaran500 wrote:
    The figures are from the BMI scale. Not exaclty accurate, far from it infact.
    Probably still the best figure to use though. It should be body fat %, but that is a lot harder to measure than force on a scale and height on a chart. 2 "medical professionals" taking BF% readings could give very different results.

Yes arnold schwarzenegger might betermed obese using BMI, but there are a lot more lardos than bodybuilders out there.
    Terry wrote:
    fat actors only get comic roles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 607 ✭✭✭pvt. joker

I live in Austin, Texas and i can say that >25% figure is more like >50%

I've only been to west ireland (galway/clare) but the ability to get fast food for you guys is almost non-existant...especially later at night.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Thats unreal!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,046 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Fúck me that is insane.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

rubadub wrote:
    fat actors only get comic roles.

Philip Seymore Hoffman is bucking the trend!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,152 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Terry wrote:
    I take it you've never been to california then.

Advertisement