Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online Resources to practice SQL

• 13-03-2012 6:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭

Hi,

Am hoping somebody may be able to point me in the right direction. I am looking for somewhere to practice my SQL. I am going to be getting back into it soon and would like to brush up before then.

I am looking for any online resources that i would be able to run some triggers/procedures/not too complex queries jst as a refresher without the whole installing a DB and web servers etc.

Is there anything online that would facilitate this or what is the easiest way to go about it?

Any help appreciated - Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,781 ✭✭✭amen

Download the free versions of MySQL or MS SQL Express

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

You can get huge sample databases from Microsoft which you can load into an MSSQL Express server:
    http://msftdbprodsamples.codeplex.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭duffman85

XAMPP (apache, mysql,php) from here(www.apachefriends.org/en/xampp.html) is installs and configured in a few clicks. Can run queries from command line or phpmyadmin interfaces

SqlServer Express and the Management Studio are straightforward enough to get going on and as Seamus says there's lots of sample dbs to play with.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭drag0n79

Lombardo86 wrote: »
    Hi,

Am hoping somebody may be able to point me in the right direction. I am looking for somewhere to practice my SQL. I am going to be getting back into it soon and would like to brush up before then.

I am looking for any online resources that i would be able to run some triggers/procedures/not too complex queries jst as a refresher without the whole installing a DB and web servers etc.

Is there anything online that would facilitate this or what is the easiest way to go about it?

Any help appreciated - Thanks

I don't think you'll be able to look at triggers, procedures etc. without doing the installs as others have mentioned above.

But if you want to practise some queries online, look here

http://db.grussell.org/sql/

(use the cat command to view the tables in the database)

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭Lombardo86

Hi Everybody.. thanks for the links/resources there. Been a while since i was into the detail here so excuse the basic question!

Will have a look around here and ill post back some useful feedback over the next while should anyone else be in my position in future

• Advertisement
Advertisement