Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

FAQ: Unlocking, Jailbreak, Cydia, etc - All discussion goes here

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Rickard

This is what f0recast says I have... but I haven't been able to find a tutorial that explains how the heck, I get this to IOS 4.0 and jailbreak it.
    apparantly this means i have old bootrom... anyone have a link to a tutorial? driving me mental googling for this.. I downlaoded sn0wbreeze but it's all gibberish to me with no instructions

Untitled.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭grolschmore

Rickard wrote: »
    This is what f0recast says I have... but I haven't been able to find a tutorial that explains how the heck, I get this to IOS 4.0 and jailbreak it.
    apparantly this means i have old bootrom... anyone have a link to a tutorial? driving me mental googling for this.. I downlaoded sn0wbreeze but it's all gibberish to me with no instructions

Untitled.jpg

jailbreak on 3.1.2 with blackrain found here:
    http://www.redmondpie.com/jailbreak-iphone-3.1.2-firmware-with-blackra1n-zni327/

then update to 4.0 using custom firmware,

how to windows
    http://www.redmondpie.com/sn0wbreeze-ios-4.0-jailbreak-iphone-3g-3gs-windows/

mac
    http://www.redmondpie.com/jailbreak-ios-4.0-with-pwnagetool-4.1-iphone-3gs-3g-guide/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭Deedsie

dmcg90 wrote: »
    Nope, but the Dev Team seems to have made loads of progress on it, they said they would release it after iOS4 has been released so hopefully not long now.

Any word on a jailbreak for the 3GS on 4.0.1

dmcg90 wrote: »
    Nope, but the Dev Team seems to have made loads of progress on it, they said they would release it after iOS4 has been released so hopefully not long now.

Any word on a jailbreak for the 3GS on 4.0.1?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭freeze4real

would anyone have an ATT sim card i downgraded my iphone which i bought from the states and its need a sim card to activate it on itunes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Dublinstiofán

My iPhone 3gs has 3.1.3 and is jailbroken with spirit.

Can i update to 4.0 and Jailbreak it? I'm not sure what bootrom it has.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭Euphoriasean

would anyone have an ATT sim card i downgraded my iphone which i bought from the states and its need a sim card to activate it on itunes.

you can get them on ebay from the uk.Should only take a couple of days!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭hshortt

you can get them on ebay from the uk.Should only take a couple of days!

This will take a few minutes if you have a phonebook sim -> here

• Registered Users Posts: 37 podgedurka

After breaking the screen on a 3gs and having it replaced by an new 3gs sporting 3.1.3 baseband 05.12.01 do i have any hope in unlocking?

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭jaykay2

Guys. Have a 3GS that's stuck in a boot loop. It has previously been jailbroken at 3.1.3 but obviously when I conect to itunes to perform a restore, it is going to make me update to the latest 4.0.1 firmware. If i was to do this, would I be able to downgrade my firmware back to 3.1.3 because it has been jailbroken before?

Thanks guys.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Dublinstiofán

jaykay2 wrote: »
    Guys. Have a 3GS that's stuck in a boot loop. It has previously been jailbroken at 3.1.3 but obviously when I conect to itunes to perform a restore, it is going to make me update to the latest 4.0.1 firmware. If i was to do this, would I be able to downgrade my firmware back to 3.1.3 because it has been jailbroken before?

Thanks guys.

You won't be able to go backwards. Try putting it in DFU Mode and restoring it back to 3.1.3 with the custom Firmware you used before.

You can go back only if you saved the SHSH blobs in Cydia. Have you tried this to get it out of the boot loop?

jaykay2 wrote: »

Thanks guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭karlf

Is there any unlock for a 3gs jailbroken with spirit? I am on firmware 3.1.3. Is there any way it can be unlocked?

yep. Open Cydia and add a repository -> http://repo666.ultrasn0w.com using this you can unlock all currently known basebands.

karlf wrote: »
    Is there any unlock for a 3gs jailbroken with spirit? I am on firmware 3.1.3. Is there any way it can be unlocked?

Help iPhone lOcked
    So I bought an iPhone from the USA 1 week ago it was unlocked using ultrasn0w. I accidentally remove the jailbreak and removed unlck I tried restoring the firmware to 3.1.3 but still the unlock doesn't to because it needs (iPhone) to be jailbroken before it can get unlocked.

So I took it to some Chinese guy in town and he unlcked it for using his pc.
    Originally I wanted a hardware unlock but no one does it in town.

After unlcking it he said you can update the firmware and you won't lose the unlck.

When I got home I tried restoring the iPhone from my back up and I update iTunes to 9.2.1 along with the software. Then I thought i lost the unlock the phone still asked for a compatible sim card. I re jailbroke it again with reds0w and it work. And tried restoring from the back up which didn't work.

After a while I noticed that I couldn't make any call or receive them.
    My iPhone bar is just one.

Can this be fixed??

I can't make out what you've actually done to the phone now :D

I suggest that you restore the firmware, (you have saved the shsh blobs in Cydia right?), then jailbreak with Spirit and unlock with the information in the post above yours.

okay i just rejailbroke it now still no luck.

should i rejailbreak it with ultrasn0w?
    its running now on ios4.01.
    hshortt wrote: »
    I can't make out what you've actually done to the phone now :D

I suggest that you restore the firmware, (you have saved the shsh blobs in Cydia right?), then jailbreak with Spirit and unlock with the information in the post above yours.

i just unlocked it again with ultrasn0w at it saays no service.

is my iphone gone?

:) You found that you can't jailbreak 4.0.1. You need to restore to an earlier version, I suggest 3.1.2 then using Blackra1n and Sn0wbreeze to move forward.

If you go down to 3.1.3 you will need to use Spirit to Jailbreak, but you can't move forward from that version, you need to go right back to 3.1.2 to move to 4.0

There are plenty of reports of issues with IOS4.0 so it might be worth just sticking at either 3.1.2 or 3.1.3 until there are more developments. Those versions are easier to jailbreak and unlock.

update now its working.
    i have no clue what happened but i can say that redsn0w jailbreak and unlock for ios4.01 works.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭joe316

Correct me if I am wrong but i will need to have gotten the SHSH blobs (which I didnt) from when i jailbroke at 3.1.2 if I am to downgrade from 4.0?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42 ryaner7777

I've just bought my first phone, 16gb 3gs. It's currently running 3.1.3. It's been unlocked by o2 and in itunes. If i upgrade to software version 4 will i need to unlock it again or will it stay unlocked ?

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Lads, I wouldn't be very tech savy. Looking at the OP and I just get a bit confused.

So just a few questions: thanks :)

If I buy an iPhone from the apple store do I need to unlock it at all or could I just put my Meteor simcard into it?

Also, this jailbreak thing, what apps are offered through this which you can't get on the itunes app store?

Thanks again lads.

Is it possible to jailbreak a 3GS on firmware 4.0.1 using spirit?

Deedsie wrote: »
    Is it possible to jailbreak a 3GS on firmware 4.0.1 using spirit?

not yet but very soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭Darksaga87

Unlock on the way for 4.0?

not yet but very soon!

Any links to where I could read up on it?

Deedsie wrote: »
    Any links to where I could read up on it?

http://www.redmondpie.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 RossN

Has anyone done a Jailbreak/Unlock using Mac? If so, do you use the power button in the process?
    My power button isn't working, so wondering if it can be done on a friend's Mac!
    I've only ever done it on a PC, and you do need to use the Power button a few times, so rules it out for me!
    Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Rushden

Darksaga87 wrote: »
    Unlock on the way for 4.0?

Any idea how long it will be??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

Rushden wrote: »
    Any idea how long it will be??

It'l be as long as the guys doing it take, it's already been said that they wont release a JB which is half broken, stuff like Facetime isn't working properly yet for them so give them some time. I know, I'm frustrated too, its been what 5-6 weeks since iOS4 came out? You just gotta be patient with these things.

Advertisement