Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

E-Cigarettes - The original thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭tkavan

Hi Samba...we've posted at the same time so didn't see ur post. Will wait on Noreen 2 get back to me. Maybe we should start an e-cig swap thread :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭Samba

tkavan wrote: »
    Hi Samba...we've posted at the same time so didn't see ur post. Will wait on Noreen 2 get back to me. Maybe we should start an e-cig swap thread :D

Here's hoping we get a forum up and running for that!

Forgot to mention all liquids are 11mg and 18mg respectively.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭Noreen1

Samba wrote: »
    I'm starting to stock pile liquids i'm not really using if anyone wants to try them out.

10ml Coffee, Chocolate, Virginia. 30ml VG Camal, I also have a bunch of 510 Cartridges is anyone wants to swap for Ego-T Mega or standard, or some liquids perhaps. (think I have around 20)

I'll swop you either 10ml Spearmint (18mg), or 10ml Sam Mint (24mg), for the chocolate flavour, if your interested?

If anyone has fruit flavours, and is interested in swapping for tobacco flavours, let me know.

I seriously need to clear out the stuff that the OH doesn't like. icon10.gif

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

finally some money in the bank so I can afford to replace my crapped out atomisers. ive been vaping on almost useless atomisers all week so monday is going to be a happy happy day. Went for the ego-t B Lr's cos I remember someone in here saying they had better luck with the B atomisers , and I've had almost universally terrible results with the A's.

I guess it's to be expected, I tend to vape every 10-15 minutes so.. I probably just burn the **** out of the atomiser alot sooner than I should. Hopefully the B's are made of sterner stuff.

so I am probably one of the few who are still using the old eGO... u know , the ones u have 2 keep toppin up carts with filler inside:o..

• Advertisement

probably :D

• Registered Users Posts: 844 ✭✭✭wingnut32

If there are any LR carto users out there that want a little more I suggest you try the xl dual coil cartos. These things run a 1.5ohms and pack a big throat hit..seriously these things are strong. They hold around 40 drops as well which is a good bit more than the standard carto.
    I think the bestshop are stocking these soon, definitely worth a try if your into LR stuff.

but hey some people keep saying there's problems with the tank system leaking and all ... so there's always a trade off i suppose :cool:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,805 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

tkavan wrote: »
    so I am probably one of the few who are still using the old eGO... u know , the ones u have 2 keep toppin up carts with filler inside:o..

I'm still using them. I think they are great and very reliable but I'm still mainly using the tanks. I was the one who said I had more joy with the B type but it has similar problems to the A type like the burnt taste (Opit's tip to take a few puffs without inhaling tends to sort it out). I got 2 type B's from China and the first is great and still working. The second seemed to be really hard to vape. When I compared it to the other one the spike in it was much wider than the first so I can only assume the wider spike is blocking airflow. The manufacturing standards seem a bit lacking and I do hope they sort this out because this kind of thing obviously needs to be quite specific (spike height and width etc.) to work as well as it can.

Noreen1 wrote: »
    I'll swop you either 10ml Spearmint (18mg), or 10ml Sam Mint (24mg), for the chocolate flavour, if your interested?

If anyone has fruit flavours, and is interested in swapping for tobacco flavours, let me know.

I seriously need to clear out the stuff that the OH doesn't like. icon10.gif

Heya,

Actually yet to try any mint flavours but unfortunately I find 18-24mg a bit too strong for me personally.

Mewso - don't bother ordering from that site, I've fired them off an email asking if they have any clear liquids, I'll see what they say, the stuff I received has started clogging up the atty alot faster than the vapourstore stuff. :(

• Advertisement

Well that's annoying...

http://joyetech.eu/liquid-pyn-do-elktronicznego-papierosa.html

The .eu website looks as though it has different liquids than .com.

The only one I can see that comes close to resembling the Joye is perhaps the Camel Joyetech which looks a lighter tone, I've been burnt a few times on the liquid so I'm not going to gamble on another, on the off chance it's the same.

Course, vapourstore are now out of stock - Time to try the Halo!

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭SgtBob

I'm looking for a bit of advice from y'all.

I've been using a 510-T for the last week, finally managing to kick the smoking habit. :D

At the moment I have three atty's, two of which have developed a "burny" taste. I have tried cleaning them with warm water, vodka and in an ultrasonic cleaner. But still can't get rid of the "burny" taste.

Anybody got any good advice for me? You're help would be appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Bleh it's been a messy patch for me. Back to almost totally vaping for a few weeks now, been vaping the whole time just varying how much smoking I was doing. Complicated by the schizophrenia messing me up a fair bit.

Been settled with ENJuice's Espresso Mocha for quite a while now but considering giving the tobacco blends another go. Tried methol but found the cloying aftertaste too much for me (same as my experience with menthol cigarettes in the past, nice for a while but bad for chain smoking/vaping). Any advice on some interesting tobacco blends that have come out in the past year for me? Been looking at LF's XO stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭Stealthirl

I got a the LR atty of thebestshop and theres a slightly stronger throat hit off it but no better taste :( ah well.

So far pina colada is top of my list,i didant think id like it as much as i do:D

Also thought id share 3 pics of what came out of my atty after cleaning with vodka and removeing the spike/wick

the vodka went a lime color [old juice] but i also got alot of black and white particals aswell.
    I did notice the wick is slightly burnt [hence the taste] can these be replaced or is it ok to cut it shorter ?

img0141cn.jpg

img0142na.jpg

img0143jy.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭Agonist

SgtBob wrote: »
    I'm looking for a bit of advice from y'all.

I've been using a 510-T for the last week, finally managing to kick the smoking habit. :D

At the moment I have three atty's, two of which have developed a "burny" taste. I have tried cleaning them with warm water, vodka and in an ultrasonic cleaner. But still can't get rid of the "burny" taste.

Anybody got any good advice for me? You're help would be appreciated.

I don't know if this will be any help to you but I find that it takes a while for the wick to get fully damped in juice after cleaning. A few draws on the cart without pressing the button usually gets mine going but sometimes it takes a while.

Stealthirl wrote: »
    I got a the LR atty of thebestshop and theres a slightly stronger throat hit off it but no better taste frown.gif ah well.

So far pina colada is top of my list,i didant think id like it as much as i dobiggrin.gif

Also thought id share 3 pics of what came out of my atty after cleaning with vodka and removeing the spike/wick

the vodka went a lime color [old juice] but i also got alot of black and white particals aswell.
    I did notice the wick is slightly burnt [hence the taste] can these be replaced or is it ok to cut it shorter ?

I wouldn't cut the wick. This atty cleaning video is great

Maybe you've seen this post but I'm pasting it here because it's so informative. I haven't tried it yet but I'm going to be dissecting an old atty later tonight.
    Opit wrote: »
    Cotton may burn, do not inhale it (my personal advice).
    Wick is made of non-combustible materials (should be). Joye and most others manufactures use low quality materials!
    Please look at this tests :eek:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bIRPJBWyL9g
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VOEGki9fZxk&feature=related
    Material used in clearomizer is just exelent (ceramic yarn).
    Look at this one about 2:30min (sorry is in Polish) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYtfe34Z2lI

My 3 weeks old wick looks like that :eek: (orginal Joye eGo-T atomizer):
    4b0ea9322df4bc2fmed.jpg

So I taked brand new Clearomizer, few simple steps and wick is new :D
    9c8f44de07f6dc02med.jpg
    bac196d206099fbemed.jpg
    1d9209abde315515med.jpg
    02154b49a49549c4med.jpg

I ment to post that vid as its where i got the idea from.
    I used a flat head screwdriver to get the spike out ;) soked it in vodka turning it end on end a few times and then doing the dry burn and tooth pick bit and finaly a rinse in DI water

Ok another question :rolleyes:

I was going to try this http://www.thebestshop.eu/blank-cartomizers/clearomizer-ce2-xl-edition-5/prod_195.html
    Its suppose to be good to use with VG and also give a better taste.

I was going to order but just need to make shure it fits my battery [ego-t]

Also any oppinions welcome on the clearomizer aswell

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭SgtBob

Agonist wrote: »
    I don't know if this will be any help to you but I find that it takes a while for the wick to get fully damped in juice after cleaning. A few draws on the cart without pressing the button usually gets mine going but sometimes it takes a while.

Unfortunately I tried that, to no avail.

After cleaning one, I dropped a couple of drops of juice on the spike/wick and let it soak through overnight. But that didn't help either.

I might try a clearomizer and see how that goes, if all else fails, I'll try an ego-t.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Elevelyn

Stealthirl wrote: »
    Ok another question :rolleyes:

I was going to try this http://www.thebestshop.eu/blank-cartomizers/clearomizer-ce2-xl-edition-5/prod_195.html
    Its suppose to be good to use with VG and also give a better taste.

I was going to order but just need to make shure it fits my battery [ego-t]

Also any oppinions welcome on the clearomizer aswell

Thanks

Yeah it should work on your ego-t battery, I was given one to try from someone on here and they are great, the flavour is brilliant with them too :)

Only thing is I tried cleaning it last night and I broke it so have to order more :(:(

• Advertisement

I cleaned my Ego-T mega B atties last night and here are some tips I learnt by trial and error. In the course of an hour I completely wrecked the first atty but the two subsequent atties I cleaned are like new.

1. It doesn't damage the atty to pull the centre out by gripping the centre wick holder with a small pliers.

2. If possible, don't allow the wick to become detached from the mesh band. It's next to impossible to get it all wrapped up again.

3. I found the best way to clean the wick is with a few blasts from a windproof lighter. The wick goes pure white again.

4. It looks like the coil has some wicking inside it. I pulled it out the first time and I doubt it's going to work properly again. Just dry burn and gently scrape the coil and rinse with water. Getting dug into the coil with a needle is a bad idea.

5. Another thing, when the cart seems empty keep vaping until the flavour goes off because there's loads of juice still inside. It seems a waste otherwise.

I'm vaping away today and getting a great blast from the cleaned up ecig. These are fantastic inventions. :D

I have a pack of Ego-T size A rubber mouthpiece covers to give away
    Also, a few mls of chocolate, caramel and cappuchino 36mg juice from Heaven's Gifts.
    PM me and I'll pop them in the post.

nesf wrote: »
    . Any advice on some interesting tobacco blends that have come out in the past year for me? Been looking at LF's XO stuff.

have you ever tried Dk-tab? I love the stuff, it has an.. umm... interesting odour, but tastes nice while vaping.

have you ever tried Dk-tab? I love the stuff, it has an.. umm... interesting odour, but tastes nice while vaping.

No, where could I pick it up?

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭mrplop

mewso wrote: »
    One thing I will say is be careful about recommending flavours etc. This time last year I would have said try menthol as it was all I vaped for a while but now all I vape is tobacco flavours..

Mewso,

I know flavour is very subjective but what is your favourite Tobacco juice?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,805 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

mrplop wrote: »
    Mewso,

I know flavour is very subjective but what is your favourite Tobacco juice?

Easy. Joye Tobacco from the Vapour Store (also called Titan Tobacco at Totally Wicked) :)

mewso wrote: »
    Easy. Joye Tobacco from the Vapour Store (also called Titan Tobacco at Totally Wicked) :)

Bah, the Vapour Store only has it in 30ml and in 16mg strength. 16mg isn't high!!

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Elevelyn

anyone tried thebestshops virginia flavour?? decided to give tobacco flavour a try for a change from menthol

Bah, the Vapour Store only has it in 30ml and in 16mg strength. 16mg isn't high!!

Once you are used to it's fine. You could always upgrade it yourself with some 36mg flavourless. Wouldn't take much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,822 ✭✭✭iPlop

This is what you want ,500ml RY-4 extra high

• Advertisement

Advertisement