Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Sony Xperia Z3 and Z3 Compact announced at IFA

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭billbond4

40€ is big difference between o2 and Meteor in prepay pricing,

• Registered Users Posts: 4,933 ✭✭✭Daith

billbond4 wrote: »
    40€ is big difference between o2 and Meteor in prepay pricing,

Yup. Would like to see 3's pricing now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Chuck_Norris

Daith wrote: »
    Yup. Would like to see 3's pricing now.

Same as. I asked in the three store about when it might be available. They couldn't give a confirmed date, but said in "Mid October."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭aindriu80

still no mention of colours from CPW.

• Advertisement

they have black,white and orange, not sure about the mint/green yet

• Registered Users Posts: 20,790 ✭✭✭✭cormie

€419 is very good, especially if the first few batches are unlocked. I wonder is it easily unlocked though? I remember before unlocking could be done by some code generation software, but seems now you need to pay for it usually?

€419 is €340 ex vat.

• Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭Nickindublin

Both phones up as exclusive on Vodafone. Is it the colours? As O2 have the compact.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Must say Im impressed by the battery of this phone, the iphone 6 is way behind battery wise.
    Think Il go for the xperia Z3, just have to make up my mind should I get the compact or the bigger one, decisions...
    The one concern the reviews had about this phone though was it gets hot when 4k video recording feature is in use.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

Pangea wrote:
    Must say Im impressed by the battery of this phone, the iphone 6 is way behind battery wise. Think Il go for the xperia Z3, just have to make up my mind should I get the compact or the bigger one, decisions... The one concern the reviews had about this phone though was it gets hot when 4k video recording feature is in use.

4k is all but a gimmick right now and most phones have issues with it, unless you have a 4k TV this shouldn't be a deal breaker.

• Advertisement

beno619 wrote: »
    4k is all but a gimmick right now and most phones have issues with it, unless you have a 4k TV this shouldn't be a deal breaker.

You are right of course. I wonder how much the phone will cost directly from sony.ie.

Pangea wrote:
    You are right of course. I wonder how much the phone will cost directly from sony.ie.

Probably more expensive than cpw if history is anything to go by 419 is a steal and I think cpw devices are usually unlocked.

Does anyone here know about CM 11? Apparently it's ported to the Z1 compact and has a big community backing. If I'm to buy the Z3, I'd want CM11 installed instead of the Sony Rom and also to have the phone unlocked. If it's going to be several months before the port is ready I might have to hold off :(

beno619 wrote: »
    Probably more expensive than cpw if history is anything to go by 419 is a steal and I think cpw devices are usually unlocked.

I'd love to buy one now but probably need to wait for Three. I like the fact with Three PAYG I can pay for stuff from Google Play using my €20 credit.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

this is them most novel Unboxing i've seen :)

When android L comes out, will it be coming to the xperia z3?

Pangea wrote:
    When android L comes out, will it be coming to the xperia z3?

Not sure if they have made any official press releases but yes, Sonys track record in terms of updates has been great of late.

cormie wrote: »
    Does anyone here know about CM 11? Apparently it's ported to the Z1 compact and has a big community backing. If I'm to buy the Z3, I'd want CM11 installed instead of the Sony Rom and also to have the phone unlocked. If it's going to be several months before the port is ready I might have to hold off :(

If L is released and there's a CM11 port to the Z3 compact as mentioned above, I guess it will be updated immediately?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭Thephantomsmask

Now available online on Three and instore tomorrow according to the forum here.

• Advertisement

They've no plans to sell the compact version yet. Bizarre.

Can get the full fat Z3 for free on upgrade. Score! :D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭sebcity

Can get the full fat Z3 for free on upgrade. Score! :D:D:D

Is that on the 55 euro plan upgrade?

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭Phantasos

Daith wrote: »
    They've no plans to sell the compact version yet. Bizarre.

Whaaaaat? That's the one I wanted. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,476 ✭✭✭ardmacha

Is there any evidence of a dual sim compact version? I'd like the dual sim, I'd also like a smaller screen.

Phantasos wrote: »
    Whaaaaat? That's the one I wanted. :(

Likewise! Might just order online.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Cossax

Anyone looked into whether these are easily unlocked from their network? Carphone Warehouse nearest me has a few in stock but they are locked, apparently.

sebcity wrote: »
    Is that on the 55 euro plan upgrade?

No it's on the basic €40.66 a month plan. Ironically, if I upgrade the plan to €55 a month, the phone would cost me €39.

I have been out of contract for a while, so unless that accounts for something.

No it's on the basic €40.66 a month plan. Ironically, if I upgrade the plan to €55 a month, the phone would cost me €39.

I'm also out of contract...Will have a look at the upgrade page. If its free - sweet!

• Advertisement

Mine is saying 80 on the 40.66 plan and 39 on the 55...booo

Advertisement