Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unlock the Marvel Universe For only 99 cents

• 24-07-2014 10:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭

http://marvel.com/mu
    99 cent offer valid from 12:01 AM EST 7/23/14 to 11:59 EST 7/29/14. Offer is open to new and former (now-cancelled) Marvel Unlimited members. Offer not valid on Annual or Annual Plus memberships. Valid payment card required to redeem offer. First month billed at $0.99; subsequent months billed at then-current monthly subscription fee (currently $9.99/month). Auto-renewal and other terms and conditions apply; please see Marvel Unlimited Terms of Use and Marvel.com/unlimited for details.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

I got it last time for 99c. There's a great selection, I just wish there was a way to save a series rather than having to save multiple issues, or a way to create 'playlists' of comics for an arc or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Got this as I see it as a great way to get into the Marvel Universe. Any recommended series or events? I've read Civil War already.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,639 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

It has been a while since I've read any such work, so thanks to OP for bringing this offer to notice. Looking at T&C [ http://marvel.com/help/ ], looks like annual subs is $69 and no mention of additional fees for non-US subscribers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

Got this as I see it as a great way to get into the Marvel Universe. Any recommended series or events? I've read Civil War already.

I'm pretty sure World War Hulk is on it. Great story but without first reading Planet Hulk, you'd miss so much context. Have a look out for it anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭James74

Just a quick mention that Marvel Unlimited is 75c for the first month. Offer on today and tomorrow (4th Dec).

So For the sake basically a "free" first month subscribed but having never read anything other than 2000AD and The Walking Dead I need recommendations for what I should cram into a month. Thanks folks.

• Advertisement

James74 wrote: »
    Just a quick mention that Marvel Unlimited is 75c for the first month. Offer on today and tomorrow (4th Dec).

So For the sake basically a "free" first month subscribed but having never read anything other than 2000AD and The Walking Dead I need recommendations for what I should cram into a month. Thanks folks.

Top of my head:

Matt Fraction's Hawkeye
    Mark Waid's Daredevil
    Wolverine: Old Man Logan
    Jason Aaron's Thor: God of Thunder
    Planet Hulk
    World War Hulk
    Civil War

Pretty sure Spider-man: Blue has been added recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭James74

Much Appreciated. I'll get stuck into that lot tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭spektorfive

Hi, I just got this. Wanted this to read on my phone but the Marvel App isn't very good. Does anyone know how to make it easy to read on a phone? I have samsung galaxy min 3. I find to small to read the text and doesn't fill up the screen like I like it too. Thanks.

Just zoom in.

Do you have the app? I can't see any button to zoom in.

• Advertisement

Found the smart panel function.

I just spread the screen to zoom in and go like that.

Does anyone else find it slow on laptop? through my phone is pretty fast but via my laptop it seem to be stop-ing and taking forever to load, anyone else?

Got email with offer for a free month. Just put in starwars in the promo code section.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭MarkHall

James74 wrote: »

So what do you get for a subscription?
    Do you have to pay for issues after the sub fee?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭Ridley

MarkHall wrote: »
    So what do you get for a subscription?
    Do you have to pay for issues after the sub fee?

Stumbling and bumbling around this now but basically it's comic Netflix. Netcomix. $9.99 a month, cancellation is a click on your account page.

Browse the "over 15,000" comics, hit the "U" logo to filter out the books that aren't available on it and if you're signed in/up, read the book on your screen of preference.

Current runs in bold, they're six months (at least) behind and try not to accidentally buy anything. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Roark

There's an offer on at the moment, first month free when you enter the code STARWARS on checkout. marvel.com/starwars

I just signed up for a free month.

Advertisement