Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Looking for New Router

• 19-07-2014 12:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Hi,

I am currently a Vodafone customer that still has an existing Eircom Netopia 2247-02.

As far as I can tell it is a dsl router.

I am looking to upgrade to a new router as the existing one is having trouble connecting some devices. Also as started dropping wireless connections

Do you have any recommendations?

Is this router suitable? Asus RT-N66U Black Diamond Dual-Band Wireless-N900 Gigabit Router

Thanks,
    Brian

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭same ol sh1te

BGarvey wrote: »
    Hi,

I am currently a Vodafone customer that still has an existing Eircom Netopia 2247-02.

As far as I can tell it is a dsl router.

I am looking to upgrade to a new router as the existing one is having trouble connecting some devices. Also as started dropping wireless connections

Do you have any recommendations?

Is this router suitable? Asus RT-N66U Black Diamond Dual-Band Wireless-N900 Gigabit Router

Thanks,
    Brian

If the problem with your existing router is wireless interference, changing router may not solve it. That Asus hasn't a Dsl modem, you world need to bridge the Netopia you have. Those Asus are a good router, but are about 3 times the price they should be

• Registered Users Posts: 36,163 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Get vodafone to ship you a Huawei HG556A, will be a huge upgrade on the 2247 (Not that they werent a great little workhorse).

Advertisement