Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Electronic Handbrake During Test

• 03-01-2013 1:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭

Quick question!

I've a electronic hand/parking brake which also has an override lever on the driver side beside the steering wheel. I've double checked that its acceptable to sit the test with this, but has anyone else done so and were you asked or did you offer to display use of the manual override for a hill start?

Don't want to make a tool of myself in offering needlessly :p but want to know if I should be prepared to do it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭Motor-Ed

I've had a no. Of students who had vehicles with the Electronic Brake there were no requests made of them. I would wait to be asked and as you know how to override it there should be no worries.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭KGLady

Sat the test this morning, no mention at all of the operation of the handbrake :)

I presume from smilie all went well

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭KGLady

Well for the handbrake, yes. Overall no :( But I wasn't as prepared as I'd have liked to be, so nerves got the better of me. Hind sight is 20/20 I should have postponed. Too soon after having a baby = not enough time for pre-test lessons, but at least the baby is lovely even if the test sheet isnt!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Faith+1

KGLady wrote: »
    Well for the handbrake, yes. Overall no :( But I wasn't as prepared as I'd have liked to be, so nerves got the better of me. Hind sight is 20/20 I should have postponed. Too soon after having a baby = not enough time for pre-test lessons, but at least the baby is lovely even if the test sheet isnt!

+1 :)

• Advertisement

KGLady wrote: »

Pity and Congrats all rolled into 1
    Don't hesitate rebook and get it nailed
    Good Luck

Advertisement