Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Lane change

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

I would say there is no need to indicate when changing lanes in that situation, but I doubt doing so would cause you any bother either.

You will have to yield to those already in the left lane, that's just how lane changes work, no need for the sign in that instance.

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭ADIDriving

The sign saying slow means that anyone in either lane should show more caution. The left lane has priority and the right lane should merge in with them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭miller50841

These types of lanes as said above are to let traffic merge.

The rule on these types of lane layout are 1st car goes through then car in opposite lane and vice versa so traffic moves smoothly.

These lanes can be very tricky as there seems to be more road users in a hurry and also getting more aggressive so they will bully their way through just to get in front of you.

Best advice I can give is hold your road space without been aggressive and don't become a bully.
    You are better off letting these people go same when someone is driving on your arse or whatever just let them on their way some day they will be caught out and do it to the wrong person.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭gvgdhar

Thanks for the replies.
    I see similar condition at many locations but nothing mentioned in the rule book. Miller, your explanation makes it clear.

Advertisement