Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V4

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

hehe, yeah :p

to tell the truth, my girlfriend is the fan. I wasn't really interested in them that much, but now I've been listening to them a lot more, and I'm getting in the mood for them. might be an idea to give a listen before you see them?

and yeah, Rammstein eclypsed any gig I've ever been to before, it was beyond epic... :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

krudler that really sucks, but hopefully something will come out of it in the end

Lucyfur I think you win the worst ex competition! My god, what an ass!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭Tigger99

Honey ec I'm very very sorry to hear that. Please mind yourself.

Krudler, ah no that's disappointing. I reslly hope something comes up for you soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Rammstein was one of the greatest gigs I've ever been to!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Rammstein was the greatest gig I've ever been to, and I've been to a lot ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭MsAllybear

time to start being a bitch, being nice does nothing for me, just gets me upset!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

Kiera wrote: »
    Why?

She hasn't been returning my texts for the last few days, and I've not seen her at college this week. Neither of those are particularly out of character, especially as college work is piling up, but there's a lot going on with her and I just hope she's not letting it get on top of her.

She has a tendency to hide away when things get too much, and she hasn't realised yet that it only makes it worse.

I'm not hugely worried, as it's not really unusual. But at the same time I don't want to just assume that everything's fine, if that makes sense.

Will give her a ring tomorrow if she's not in class.

Now, going to watch the Biggest Loser while eating noms :o

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Acoshla wrote: »
    Why would that mean you're losing your marbles?

Because I had convinced myself that I couldn't cook to save my life and today I made 18 scones and 18 cupcakes. :D
    krudler wrote: »
    sigh, so I heard back from the job I applied for, they sait congrats you've...been shortlisted to interview further when we're hiring again, which I dont know when it is, could be months, sigh, gonna keep looking cos I cant wait around for something that crop up some point later in the year, need a new job now.

Ah that sucks.. Keep looking but you could be lucky and get an interview soon. :) x
    Links234 wrote: »

I'm jealous, I wanna go to another gig soon. I've only been to 5 and one of them doesn't really count because it was Westlife when I was 15. I've seen Green Day twice, 30 Seconds to Mars once and I was at Noel Gallagher a couple of weeks ago. I'm kind of unlucky because my favourite bands are really unlikely to do a gig here.
    She hasn't been returning my texts for the last few days, and I've not seen her at college this week. Neither of those are particularly out of character, especially as college work is piling up, but there's a lot going on with her and I just hope she's not letting it get on top of her.

She has a tendency to hide away when things get too much, and she hasn't realised yet that it only makes it worse.

I'm not hugely worried, as it's not really unusual. But at the same time I don't want to just assume that everything's fine, if that makes sense.

Hope she's ok WN. You're right, give her a ring tomorrow if you don't see her. x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Hope she's ok, let us know how you get on trying to contact her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

Huge hugs for Honey Ec, I can't even imagine what you're going through!

Not even lunch in St Stephen's Green feeding the ducks and swans cheered me up today. I was in a total daze for the whole day and typically I feel super awake now when I should really be settling down and getting ready to sleep!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,815 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Speaking of gigs, The Used are apparently going to be playing The Button Factory. Wouldn't mind seeing them just to experience a different gig to what I usually go to. Big Country are playing in The Olympia too though...

I'll end up going to none. Always happens!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

I must be the only person who absolutely hates gigs/concerts/etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Seomra Mushie

Moving to Cork tomorrow... still haven't started packing... FACK!!!

I'm just too exhausted to start! :-/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Seomra Mushie

Nope, I don't enjoy them at all.

Dislike crowds, dislike the loudness, HATE the pushing and shoving and craning, and like to listen to music my own way.

Nope, I don't enjoy them at all.

Dislike crowds, dislike the loudness, HATE the pushing and shoving and craning, and like to listen to music my own way.

Don't get me started on the toilets at outdoor music things. I refuse to go to Oxegen because I don't go anywhere I have to bring my own toilet paper.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Not even lunch in St Stephen's Green feeding the ducks and swans cheered me up today.!
    I do that on my lunch break sometimes. :o

Last night my neighbour and his mate sat out in his car outside my house from 10-3am blaring music, smoking and drinking. I ignored it, not worth starting a war.
    Just hear a noise outside and there they are again.
    I must not burn down my neighbours house...
    I must not burn down my neighbours house...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

Nope. I've only been to a tiny handful of concerts. Muse were brilliant, but concerts aren't really my thing. Too loud :o

Nope. I've only been to a tiny handful of concerts. Muse were brilliant, but concerts aren't really my thing. Too loud :o

I don't mind the volume, just the queuing, toilets, boredom waiting for it to start...I've been to Slane twice, Radiohead, some others in Tralee during the festival, but I've seen Damien Rice, Mundy, Coronas, Bell X1, and a few more in nice low key gigs, much prefer that. Bell X1 was definitely the best, 200 people in a tiny bar in Chinatown in Toronto, about 50 Irish people loving it and 150 Canadians getting into the spirit! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

I've been to a few concerts where the adrenalin rush kicked in, and I didn't notice the crowding, loudness, pushing etc. It does help when you're 17 and want to marry the entire band :D

Oxegen was another matter :rolleyes: I didn't enjoy it at all, as I made the mistake of going with people with much different tastes in music to me. Also, it LASHED rain the whole weekend, so goodbye festival chic and hello drowned rat :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

More baking for me tomorrow! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

Posy wrote: »
    I do that on my lunch break sometimes. :o

It's the best thing ever, they're absolutely gorgeous! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭aristocat

Spent the evening doing all sorts of mundane but necessary stuff. Sat down at the computer to check on some things and decided to visit the Ladies Lounge. Really, the level of support and advice offered is very warming. Everyone looks out for each other on here and no one need ever feel alone. What a lovely bunch!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

McChubbin wrote: »
    Rammstein was one of the greatest gigs I've ever been to!
    Links234 wrote: »

You guys will love this quote I heard from a guy walking to the o2 yesterday... "I'm off to Rammstein tonight, you remember those German feckers who won the Eurovision a few years ago"

He must have gotten some shock!

Mars Bar, I didn't know the Used were playing. I'd love to go see them. I'd say they're brilliant live! Finding someone to go with will be impossible though!

I can't avoid gigs- the OH is a musician so I'm always at them (at least one a month- one a week when his band was trying to break through)
    I love small venue gigs, there's always a great atmopshere and you can pretty much chat with anyone :)
    That said my late teens and early twenties were a blur of festivals and concerts. Loved every minute then but now I'm not too bothered with them. I've seen pretty much all my (living) heros play live so I'm happy with that

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

Love the idea of this thread, can't beat a good vent!
    Hi Ladies!

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Don't get me started on the toilets at outdoor music things. I refuse to go to Oxegen because I don't go anywhere I have to bring my own toilet paper.

I've never been to a festival, doubt I ever will either, I hate people too much to be around that many of them :pac: and anyone I know who goes never actually enjoys it, they just whinge about stuff. if the oxegen "experience" is not washing for a few days, using a toilet thousands of other people have that day and hoping some knacker doesnt set fire to my tent then no thanks.
    I've been to a few gigs, Muse are genuinely amazing to see live, but I prefer smaller venues, saw Explosions In The Sky in Vicar St last year and it was great, they're instrumental rock so no moshing or people being dickheads at it. have been to a few sporting events in the States that were fantastic, not the same thing really but the energy of the crowds is infectious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

I only like seated gigs & even then I'd almost want free tickets to go to one. I hate loud music & I get really annoyed when people are disorderly and push past me (I have, to my shame, pinched people who were shoving or leaning over me in the past). The only way I'd go to a non-seated gig would be if there were numbered squares painted on the floor and people had to stand in their own square (organised by height or else on a sloping floor so there are no obstructed views) or else be kicked out/killed as a warning to others.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

Prefer smaller gigs these days, or at least gigs that are indoors with decent enough facilities. I was at Oxegen one year and these eejits started flinging mud at everyone. Got hit in the eye with a stone embedded in the mud and couldn't see for about half an hour. And the medics weren't exactly well-equipped. They just about had gauze and didn't have any eye-wash.

Rant over!

• Advertisement

Glad to know I'm not the only one who doesn't like concerts and stuff! :)
    Jane_LS_88 wrote: »
    More baking for me tomorrow! :D

Come bake for me, I have about 12 hours of it to do tomorrow.
    bubblefett wrote: »
    I can't avoid gigs- the OH is a musician so I'm always at them (at least one a month- one a week when his band was trying to break through)
    I love small venue gigs, there's always a great atmopshere and you can pretty much chat with anyone :)
    That said my late teens and early twenties were a blur of festivals and concerts. Loved every minute then but now I'm not too bothered with them. I've seen pretty much all my (living) heros play live so I'm happy with that

Yeah my ex was a musician so I got sick of music/gigs/etc for a long while :p

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement