Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Wifi connection issue, would really like help

• 11-07-2014 9:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi, I have a Dell desk top running Windows xp and I have wifi which is connecting to the pc via a wifi USB stick but something in the pc is blocking wifi for my web browser. I have full wifi to the USB stick. Just not pick up on the web browse. Can you help? Thank you Paul

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,003 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

What web browser are you using?

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Kavpdsl

Google chrome

Do you think it's the web browser? I could try another one. Ok I have tried Mozilla and Safari and I still have the issue. My broadband supplier was able to confirm I was connected so I am at a total loss, as he could not help me he suggested someone here might be able to help

• Registered Users Posts: 8,727 ✭✭✭degsie

What wifi security options have you selected on your router?

Hi Degsie My iPad, and phones work all work perfectly well. The security is set by the internet provider. Paul

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 934 ✭✭✭techie

Check the wireless connection on your PC is set in tcpip to get it's settings automatically ?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,003 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Remove and re-add your wifi connection. See here for more info

Nick

Hi guys,

I am delighted to say that it is now working. Thanks to you all for your help it is very much appreciated

:-)

Advertisement