Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PTC Grand Finals for Galway ?

• 23-12-2011 9:41am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭

I'm hearing a few rumours this morning that the PTC Grand Finals are heading to Ireland again next March, this time the location chosen is Galway.
    The venue is the 650 capacity Bailey Hall.
    Again it will be held over the St Patricks weekend, when I hear more i'll post it here.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,805 ✭✭✭Setun

What would Bailey Hall be like as a snooker venue? Hope it gets good media attention.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Spiderpig92

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭bradolf pittler

i hope it gets the support it deserves but holding it on st paddys weekend could mean less bums on seats,hope i'm wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Glenman

The Bailey Allen Hall is the old sports hall in NUI Galway as far as I know, not sure what the venue will be like, it used to be a big basket ball court but I presume they have refurbished it. I am excited to hear this news as I live in the west!!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Terrible dates. I'm torn between a weekend in Dublin or a Weekend in Galway to gander at the snooker.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭basillarkin

I can not see tickets for this event on ticketmaster, does anyone know where they are on sale?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭zack01

I can not see tickets for this event on ticketmaster, does anyone know where they are on sale?

Here is the World Snooker link for the PTC Finals, it includes ticket details and the updated draw.

http://t.co/4hgzVm04

• Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭basillarkin

zack01 wrote: »
    Here is the World Snooker link for the PTC Finals, it includes ticket details and the updated draw.

http://t.co/4hgzVm04
    Thanks, I was aware of this page, my problem is I can not find the event on ticketmaster.ie I wanted to use this option as I have an account with them.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Tickets are up now. Prices are very reasonable.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,294 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

I just bought a ticket for the evening session on the Sunday.
    €22.90 excl booking fee. It's very reasonable!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

Could be worth a look for peeps heading over.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056535089

Block out dates due to weddings and other pre-booked events are:
    Feb 2/4/11/17/18/24/25
    March 2/9/10/17/24/28/29/30/31
    April 9/10/14/19/20/21/26/27/28

Tickets are almost sold out for anyone interested.

Recieved a package to the club yesterday from the promoter with flyers and ticket info etc.
    Just emailed him and as of this morning there are still plenty of tickets available for all sessions, the final itself is almost sold out though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭Omega28

zack01 wrote: »

Recieved a package to the club yesterday from the promoter with flyers and ticket info etc.
    Just emailed him and as of this morning there are still plenty of tickets available for all sessions, the final itself is almost sold out though.

Does anyone know what day Ronnie is playing?

Can anyone recommend a hotel? Or know which hotel the players are staying in?

Dylanmc111 wrote: »
    Does anyone know what day Ronnie is playing?

Can anyone recommend a hotel? Or know which hotel the players are staying in?

The draw has been already made and then the playing schedule will be released.

Ronnie is staying in the G Hotel.

Ken Dohery is playing an exhibition in Galway on the Friday night.

thanks man

I'm half tempted to go down and make a weekend of it, would love to see Ronnie play:)

• Registered Users Posts: 18 legallyblondex

http://www.worldsnooker.com/staticFiles/e2/9a/0,,13165~170722,00.pdf

the draw for ptc grand final was released early January. lets hope Ronnie attends!!

http://www.worldsnooker.com/staticFiles/e2/9a/0,,13165~170722,00.pdf

the draw for ptc grand final was released early January. lets hope Ronnie attends!!

I hope so, the playing schedule should be released any day now.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 legallyblondex

on that same link the playing schedule is included for the wed/thur/fri. Ronnie due to play 6pm Friday and the schedule for sat and sun will be decided the day before after the other matches have been played or so it says! where is kens exhibition being held?

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Spiderpig92

• Advertisement

Sure is, the playing schedule for the weekend is'nt finalised yet, it could well be a roll on roll off scenario i think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭giant_midget

I'll be there on the thursday, can't wait now!

where can u get tickets for this event?

where can u get tickets for this event?

Ticketmaster

I really hope Ronnie shows up on Friday

I really hope Ronnie shows up on Friday

I don't think you have anything to worry about. Ronnie will be there.

He's def playing on Friday evening Zack01?

He's def playing on Friday evening Zack01?

He plays the winner of Matt Stevens v Ricky Walden 6pm Friday evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭_Puma_

The Students Union in NUIG are selling a limited number of tickets for each session for €5. Pretty sure ya have to be a student to get them though. Got myself tickets for the morning and evening sessions on Friday for a tenner!

• Advertisement

_Puma_ wrote: »
    The Students Union in NUIG are selling a limited number of tickets for each session for €5. Pretty sure ya have to be a student to get them though. Got myself tickets for the morning and evening sessions on Friday for a tenner!

Do u have be a student of NUIG or can u be a student of another college?

Advertisement