Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Most Annoying Lost Character

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭upmeath

Jack's a legend, Locke equally, and the two characters play off each other so much (Man of Science/Man of Faith, etc.) that the show would (for me anyway) lack about 90% of its depth without one or both of these survivors.

Charlie's a git. He's extremely irritating, his fuse is incredibly short but he's not hard. Dominic Monaghan lacks the build to portray Charlie as a violent, hard character.

Desmond is fine except for the use of "BRATHA" at the end of every second sentence, whether the character he's conversing with is male or female it's always "BRATHA this, BRATHA that..." It can get slightly irritating in his feature episodes.

Sun and Jin are just there to make the show appeal to a wider audience (lucrative Korean and neighbouring Japanese markets) if you ask me. Their back story is muck. Watch out for a kidnapped East Asian kid in Season 4. You heard it here first.

Rousseau holds a certain mystique and doesn't feature heavily enough to be annoying, she's the go-to character and holds a wealth of knowledge about the island, I like that about her.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Kulgan

Yea Jack is the man

I voted charlie for this!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Kulgan wrote:
    Yea Jack is the man

I voted charlie for this!

:D, Jack will come good, i always said that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭man1

Even if he saves everyone on the island, he is still the most annoying. AAARRRGGGGHHHH!!!!
    But thats obviously the way the writers want to portray him. They probably have their reasons!

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭Kazooie

Ya this anti Jack thing is getting stupid. I voted for Charlie but would have voted for Claire if she was there. They add absolutely nothing to the show. Every episode with them is pure filler. Except maybe the last one with Claires Dad.

• Advertisement

Kazooie wrote:
    Ya this anti Jack thing is getting stupid. I voted for Charlie but would have voted for Claire if she was there. They add absolutely nothing to the show. Every episode with them is pure filler. Except maybe the last one with Claires Dad.

Yup, agree completely. Jack at least means something to the show whereas Charlie and Claire are just time fillers.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Jack is a great character. Without him the show would suck donkey balls. Charlie is the most annoying guy. I want Jin to kick the sh*t out of him for what he did to Sun.

By the way why are Sayid and Desmond on this list? Anyone who finds those two great characters annoying has seriously bad taste.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

Charlie definitely!

I want Jin to kick the sh*t out of him for what he did to Sun.

Yeah and who put him up to that again? Was it Sawyer or Ana Lucia? It was one of the pro-war/army Losties anyway, they wanted to generate fear in the camp

upmeath wrote:
    Yeah and who put him up to that again? Was it Sawyer or Ana Lucia? It was one of the pro-war/army Losties anyway, they wanted to generate fear in the camp

Dammit i cant remember who it was....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Claire by a mile, whiny biatch

• Registered Users Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

Vincent.

He's evil, I know it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Citizen_Erased

I hated Anna Lucia , thank god that bee hatch got tapped in the chest.

Btw Jack and Kate are getting there though in recent episodes methinks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭magick

Claire

"CHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHarlieeee..don't lie to me CHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHarlieee!!!!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 563 ✭✭✭robnubis

Ehhh wheres michael? he was the most annoying ever tbh

THEY TOOK MY BOY!!!!!!111111 :D

I hated Anna Lucia , thank god that bee hatch got tapped in the chest.

Btw Jack and Kate are getting there though in recent episodes methinks

Yeah actually i really hated Anna Lucia. God she did my head in with her tough man talk.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

upmeath wrote:

It was Sawyer cos he wanted access to the guns. I wonder if that's going to come up at all in the future?

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

It was Sawyer cos he wanted access to the guns. I wonder if that's going to come up at all in the future?

Ah yes, thats the time Sawyer wanted everything to himself. I think he does this to make himself feel needed by the other losties.

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭Winning Hand

Charlie, but claire bugs the crap out of me every time she opens that big mouth of hers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭doonothing

magick wrote:
    Claire

"CHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHarlieeee..don't lie to me CHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHarlieee!!!!"

hahahaha! chaaaahlie

brilliant

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 nightfox

Charlie is the most annoying for me by far...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

After giving up on the show towards the end of last season, I've vote for them all.

robnubis wrote:
    Ehhh wheres michael? he was the most annoying ever tbh

THEY TOOK MY BOY!!!!!!111111 :D

Agreed, he was a terrible character, really annoying. He sounded like Chris Rock, who I also hate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭Killaqueen!!!

Claire: Chaaaaaaalie? Where are you?
    Charlie: I'm here with Erin
    Michael: They took mah booooooy!

The way they talk does get very annoying! They need to find Colin Farrell in another hatch to have someone with a nice accent!!

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭Kazooie

Ya but he wouldn't last a week without booze and fags!

They need to find Colin Farrell in another hatch to have someone with a nice accent!!

LOL :D

Desmond probably has the most annoying repetition in "BRATHA", but he's a likeable sort of guy, Charlie's character just drives me nuts and I was pretty glad to see the back of Chris Rock/Kobe Bryant/Michael at the end of last season, although somehow I don't think we've seen the last of him and "MA BOOOY!" yet, after all, this island has some pretty wacky magnetic field that brought Desmond around in circles, either they somehow overcame that or got gobbled up by a serpant or they're due to turn up when you least expect it before this season's out!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

upmeath wrote:
    Agreed, he was a terrible character, really annoying. He sounded like Chris Rock, who I also hate.

Did you also hate Tommy Tiernan, or was that someone else??

The-Rigger wrote:
    Did you also hate Tommy Tiernan, or was that someone else??

You're quite right, I used to dislike Tommy Tiernan, but I don't think I've ever expressed that on boards.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

Claire! What an annoying voice!

• Advertisement

Gillie wrote:
    Claire! What an annoying voice!

Ah but come on, you would still mount :)

Advertisement