Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Royal Marines : Mission Afghanistan Channel 5

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

shezer wrote: »
    http://www.rte.ie/news/2012/0225/politics.html

Thought of this thread.off topic

On topic.episode 4 was great.Those engineers do a great job with clearing mines. learning the language really helps.Alexander the great :)

Sakandar Khan!

Quite the compliment I think (unless there is hidden derisory meaning for Afghans in it), although I'm sure the squaddies have given him a bit of stick over it in jest.

Was also interesting to see the difference in FET interaction from previous episodes where they were apparently welcomed; yet with the search that woman was clearly not a happy bunny from what the translation was saying whilst it was going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭CZ 453

Watched episode 6 last night.Very good.Shows the lads after they get back.The injuries those IEDs cause are horrific.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 564 ✭✭✭thecommietommy

Border-Rat wrote: »
    What the feck have the Shinners to do with a discussion on the RM in Afghanistan lads !!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭DipStick McSwindler

This post has been deleted.

feeney92 wrote: »
    Ive missed the last 3 :( will have to find some way of watching them, were there many injured?

There were 3 men which he covered in the documentary.I won't say much more it will ruin it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭investment

feeney92 wrote: »
    Ive missed the last 3 :( will have to find some way of watching them, were there many injured?

I dont like saying this but I actually cried when vicey hugged the guy who stood on this neck to stop the bleading and save his life

investment wrote: »
    I dont like saying this but I actually cried when vicey hugged the guy who stood on this neck to stop the bleading and save his life

It was quite an emotional scene alright. Moving stuff

Advertisement