Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Eve] Eve's Irish Corporation

• 03-12-2010 8:55am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Okay so I have been asking around awhile now about setting up an Irish corporation representing Irish players in Eve and I have received many positive reply’s and advice on the Irish channel in Eve.
    I was surprised and a bit sad to see that there is no sector in eve that flies Irish colors- nor is there an Irish alliance- or even an Irish corporation that represents us.
    This realization came when I first started Eve in the beginning of last year when I first started playing Eve.
    I remember the first thing I did was check on boards for an Irish Corporation to join….. but to no avail, luckily- but I don’t remember how I managed to find the Irish channel and I introduced myself saying I was new and that I was looking for an Irish corporation to join.

Someone then told me that there was no Irish corporation- but here take this 3 million and good luck to you in Eve (thank you very much to whoever that was since it helped me towards where I am now- worth a bil or so- not a lot, but a lot to me), same thing happened to my friend who started eve and he received money and advice- but no Irish Corp to join L

So I’ve taken the plunge and set up a corporation representing Irish player’s best interests in Eve. (Eve’s Irish Corporation) is the name of it. The name is a bit boring-but my current aim is to get it officially recognized as the Irish Corporation.
    My general idea of it is that for the time being our diplomacy will be run something like Eve University, i.e. as many members as we can. Even if it’s your alt, even if it’s a trial account. In the Irish corporation we don’t care who joins, may it be any of the 4 races, or any backgrounds- i.e. pirates, missions runners, miners, pvpers, ANY class.
    (Pirates please note for the time being until we get moving there will be rules in the corp, we can’t be starting wars left, right and center.)

I’ve received a lot of positive advice and support regarding the set-up of this Irish Corp from a lot of people in the Irish Channel, a very nice person has even offered to set up a website for the corp for free.

I have a lot of short term plans regarding the setting up of forums, kill boards, posting a similar forum on eve forums and generally getting the word around so that Irish players can find us. I specifically want to get the Irish channel to link it on their channel- if you know the admin of that channel give me a shout please (in-game name- thekiller2002us)

The long term goals- well i generally would like to see an Irish Alliance, I would love to see a sector in Eve that the Irish hold- if the Germans and Russians can have sectors- why can’t the Irish?

I am from Cavan, but I do not want to put restrictions on players in eve (early days yet) and would be happy to take players from anywhere who simply just want to represent Ireland- think of all the British-Irish and American Irish who will flock to us come St Patricks day on Eve (I’m hoping for that to e our official opening day)

Obviously most of the Irish players in Eve have years in their corp- and I’m not asking them to leave it, but if any of you know anyone who’s looking for an Irish corp or if you have an alt then please send an application our way- even if it’s to just boost our number for the time being.

A lot of things can go wrong, but my general aim for this corp is to turn into something big, I want to provide training to new Irish players, I want to give something back to the Irish players who helped me when I first started out. I’ll say this over and over again, I want to make no profit from this corp- It’s something I’ve always wanted to do since I started.

I’m counting on a lot of the Irish experienced players to help guide Eve’s Irish Corporation towards gaining something bigger, advise us (specifically me) and hopefully if any griever corps come along- protect us.

Right now it’s small - with hopefully a huge backing. Right now we’re looking for numbers, more players the better. If you do have an alt, please do send an application our way, and if anyone comes a looking on boards- they will see this and hopefully they will find a home in Eve.

Wish me luck
    Eve's Irish Corporation
    CEO thekiller2002us

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Gneez

War deccing you right now I hate micks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

Gneez wrote: »

No learning skills make you re-sub?

R0ot wrote: »
    No learning skills make you re-sub?

No I was trying to cause drama but nobody bit :mad:

My alt Pj is still active for a while yet though I can't even bring myself to log in and change her skills.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Eve's Irish Corporation
    CEO thekiller2002us

You were born in 2002, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭fayer

Hi Lads,

This corp active? Or is ther other Irish EVE corp's?

Steve
    EVE Noob :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

Nope, he gave up after about a week and closed the corp.

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭fayer

Is the boards.ie Corp still running? Sent in an application but no reply.

LAWD

its better to join an active corp, than an Irish corp get your priorities straight.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

What Gneez said. It's best to join a corp with the same or similar attitude to the game as yourself, for example Razor alliance wrecked my head, far too strict, I prefer a laid back approach.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Jimbob 83

Good luck with it :D

P.S. Fountain will be nice and empty soon if you need a home /sniggers :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,568 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Jimbob 83 wrote: »
    Good luck with it :D

P.S. Fountain will be nice and empty soon if you need a home /sniggers :P

Yeah cus Goons are just gonna leave it and not settle it at all /sarcasm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭Dohnny Jepp

Fountain will be TEST's

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

my corp is just made up of me and my alts but i fly the irish flag :)
    in game look for Nothingbetter2do

• Registered Users Posts: 27 mike_slain3

my ingame name is mike malukker. in ceo of DFS corp. 2 members and we both irish. we dont fly the flag as or corp logo but we mission, sometime mine and train for pvp. if your looking for company in the same timezone as you (i bloody am) then come say hi

• Registered Users Posts: 27 mike_slain3

Hi to the guy who eve mailed me. Just so ye all know I run lvl 4s in and around Balginia so if anybody wants to up their stats with brutor tribe mim your welcome in the fleet. Don't have to join the Corp, just join the party

• Registered Users Posts: 29 boars

Hey killer here,

I recently got talking to a few irish guys on the irish channel again- and although it was really nice talking to the old faces- i kinda felt that i got known as 'that guy who tried to start an irish allaince and failed'

I just want to say that i realized very quickly why i couldn't go on with my plan because of a few reasons,

I had
    (1) no experience of even basic eve areas such as pvp, fc'ing and mission running.
    (2) no capital and few contacts to even start thinking about building a large alliance
    (3) no null sec experience.

I have now conquered 1+2 reasons- i have made a couple of billion in assets and isk wise and have fc'd and pvp'd large(ish) fleets 40+ and have got to know a lot of peeps in different areas in the game.

I want to stress that i still have that plan of starting up an alliance that flies the irish colours but i reckon i'll need another 6 months at least.
    In the meatime i'm hoping to do a lot of work in null and gain further p
    vp experience (especially in null)

I hope that many of you will forgive my late apology of my abandoning my plan (i have been playing eve all the time since) and in the future i do hope to set up an alliance with irish colours that owns a region in null (preferably not as pets) but i'm thinking another 6 months at least.

thanks guys
    killer

Loads of people have done the exact same thing over the years to be honest. Running a successful corp requires good knowledge of gameplay, charisma, the ability of FC and lots of your time.

Your new project won't success either because

a) there aren't enough Irish players to make an active alliance
    b) the Irish players that are around aren't gonna leave their corp and their friends and join yours just because it's 'an irish corp'
    c) you're clearly a noob

Good day.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 boars

do-not-feed-the-troll-2c-t-shirts_design.png

thank you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 White Tree

Hahahahahah

boars wrote: »
    do-not-feed-the-troll-2c-t-shirts_design.png

thank you

every word I said was true
    White Tree wrote: »
    Hahahahahah

teehee you so edgy

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10 White Tree

teehee you so edgy

:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭Moist Bread

I honestly don't see why an exclusively or even majority Irish corp or alliance would be a good thing. One of the main reasons why certain nationality's band together in this form is the language barrier.

Also it will never happen for the reasons already posted. Except the point about you being a noob, even if you were an EVE God, like Coranor, this would fall flat on it's ass.

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Komsomolitz

Aye unfortunatly the current irish player base are more than likely loyal to their current corps/alliances as they've invested too much time in them and such ties are hard to break.

So you'll likely only get new players or alts of current players.

Or... lots of "irish" americans.

Wish you luck though, i love the idea.

Advertisement