Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

JobBridge silently switched off?

Options
  • 30-08-2016 11:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 29

I am currently on an internship under the jobbridge scheme. The scheme is due to be scrapped in September (that's the day after tomorrow) yet nothing has been announced, nothing in ready to replace it.
    On top of that the website appears to be offline. The employer has to sign up regularly to confirm the interns attended. When you click on the link to logon you get redirected to a URL that times out.
    I would give you links to the page, but boards doesnt allow me to do that.

I can't find anything about this topic anywhere. It is almost as if the scheme was silently switched off. What is going on?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭Tasden

It's being reviewed in September not scrapped. The jobs Ireland site is linked in to all other aspects of DSP- including jobbridge and ce schemes. The jobs Ireland site is not fully functional at the moment. Issues with logging on are to do with that site and not the actual scheme.
    The employer can contact jobs Ireland to clarify but they could be on hold for a while, same for yourself. You can also email the help section of jobs Ireland.
    Hope this helps!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭curiousoranje

Not an employer OP is working for, seeing as they don't pay him/her anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Marmit3

Tasden wrote: »
    It's being reviewed in September not scrapped...
    Hope this helps!

The reports on the journal and on the irish times articles in May were talking about scrapping in September. Haven't heard anything since then though, so i figure they didnt move quickly enough to actually scrap it next month.

It sure helps though, thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭minikin

You know for a fact that the company doesn't employ anyone at all?

If you object as a potential employee - don't take up an internship.
    If you object as an employer - don't host an internship.
    Simple.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭Tasden

The site I was referring to- Jobs Ireland- is categorised by "employer" or "jobseeker". The host organisation would be considered an employer.
    Also they "employ" people regardless of the OPs status within the company.

Best of luck with the remainder of your internship op

• Advertisement
Advertisement