Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Lost return is inevitable: Carlton Cuse

• 05-10-2014 11:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 60,270 ✭✭✭✭

“I think it’s inevitable… I don’t know what it is or how it would work, but I can’t imagine something else won’t be done with the franchise.” He went on to add “Disney owns the franchise, it made them a lot of money, it’s hard to imagine it will just sit there idly forever. Damon and I told our story in that world and I assume someone will come along, hopefully having been inspired by our story, or our version of the story, and want to tell their own.”
    "It's like the Narnia chronicles. There are seen books, they were all written by CS Lewis, but they all visit Narnia at different times and different configurations and different ways.

"Someone is going to come up with a way to tell another Lost story. I think it's inevitable. I don't know what it is or how it would work, but I can't imagine something else won't be done with the franchise."

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/ustv/s10/lost/news/a599933/lost-return-is-inevitable-carlton-cuse-compares-show-to-narnia-novels.html#~oRRbE1UCkYJ2Zm

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

Burn the originals

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,969 ✭✭✭✭syklops

I think it's inevitable. I don't know what it is or how it would work

So just like you didnt know how to end it, now you don't know how to start another one.

That sounds promising.

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭corkonion

Sadly I wasted a lot of hours watching all of Lost, only to be disappointed with a truly unremarkable ending. I felt cheated and would not bother with any future offering,

• Registered Users Posts: 38,998 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

corkonion wrote: »
    Sadly I wasted a lot of hours watching all of Lost, only to be disappointed with a truly unremarkable ending. I felt cheated and would not bother with any future offering,
    This is exactly how I feel.

To this day if somebody asks me how did Lost end. I'm not quite sure how to explain what happened towards the end.
    Early seasons were great. It seamed so deep and complex.
    Middle seasons open up all sorts of entangled loose ends. We discussed and focused on minute details.
    Final two seasons were a mess. It's like the previous seasons and loose ends meant nothing and they just decided to veer off and end it.
    The the equivalent to a 8 year old writing a 3 page story for school, rambles nonsense for 3 pages, doesn't know how to end it cleanly so goes with..."and then I woke up".

I genuinely believe they simply lost track of all their loose ends and couldn't get it back together.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Mellor wrote: »
    This is exactly how I feel.

To this day if somebody asks me how did Lost end. I'm not quite sure how to explain what happened towards the end.
    Early seasons were great. It seamed so deep and complex.
    Middle seasons open up all sorts of entangled loose ends. We discussed and focused on minute details.
    Final two seasons were a mess. It's like the previous seasons and loose ends meant nothing and they just decided to veer off and end it.
    The the equivalent to a 8 year old writing a 3 page story for school, rambles nonsense for 3 pages, doesn't know how to end it cleanly so goes with..."and then I woke up".

I genuinely believe they simply lost track of all their loose ends and couldn't get it back together.

You really need to watch it again. I felt exact same as you thinking what the hell just happened when it was over. Last September I took the seal of the box set I have and mysejf and wife started watching a few episodes every night and we finished at christmas and I'm glad to report that it ended properly and I understood everything that happened, why it happened (or was shown ) that way.

When I originally watched it I loved the early seasons but not so much the last few but this time around I watched it over a 3 month period rather than 6 years and it made so much more sense. When watching sonething over 6 years with long gaps between seasons you forget stuff and don't pick up on subtle references or flashbacks but watching it in a shorter period that doesn't happen.

Watch it again. It's so much better second time around.

I really hope they do a continuation show!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I loved the ending, but they should let it stay dead.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,998 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

You really need to watch it again. I felt exact same as you thinking what the hell just happened when it was over. Last September I took the seal of the box set I have and mysejf and wife started watching a few episodes every night and we finished at christmas and I'm glad to report that it ended properly and I understood everything that happened, why it happened (or was shown ) that way.

When I originally watched it I loved the early seasons but not so much the last few but this time around I watched it over a 3 month period rather than 6 years and it made so much more sense. When watching sonething over 6 years with long gaps between seasons you forget stuff and don't pick up on subtle references or flashbacks but watching it in a shorter period that doesn't happen.

Watch it again. It's so much better second time around.

I really hope they do a continuation show!
    I never watched the last two seasons live. I was travelling at the time so it wasn't a good option, so I left it and. I came back after 2 years and watched the final two seasons on DVD over a short period.
    I understood it fine. I got the subtle references, the flashes and minute connections, etc. But I felt there were too many lose ends, thought it was just poor overall.
    Things like the shoot-out on the beach with unknowns during a time hop.
    The Walt/Michael didn't feel complete.
    Dharna stamped sharks.
    The Dharma purge contradicting the idea that Jacob was the good force.
    These are just random points tbh. Not necessarily the main issues.

The flash sideways was basically filler imo. The church afterlife scene at the very end was stupid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,969 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Mellor wrote: »
    I never watched the last two seasons live. I was travelling at the time so it wasn't a good option, so I left it and. I came back after 2 years and watched the final two seasons on DVD over a short period.
    I understood it fine. I got the subtle references, the flashes and minute connections, etc. But I felt there were too many lose ends, thought it was just poor overall.
    Things like the shoot-out on the beach with unknowns during a time hop.
    The Walt/Michael didn't feel complete.
    Dharna stamped sharks.
    The Dharma purge contradicting the idea that Jacob was the good force.
    These are just random points tbh. Not necessarily the main issues.

The flash sideways was basically filler imo. The church afterlife scene at the very end was stupid.

I forgot about that one.

Tbh the sheer length and width of things that didnt get explained. Locke/Flocke etc etc. Theres a bit in one of the last Episodes where Flocke says "You know, he(Locke) died very confused". He wasn't the only one. Did Locke have a purpose or not?

I just started rewatching Season 1. I decided to watch until they explode the bomb, and then I'll pretend thats the end.

The first few season were great TV. Pity they didnt have an exit strategy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

I just finished watching it. Wasn't that bad an ending in fairness but in terms of Lost it was not up there with the typical Lost standard. The 6th season should have contained more episodes maybe 26/27 to truely end it in a controlled exit. I felt it was very rushed.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,938 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

It was pants. End of.

It got everyones imaginations and then you were afraid to stop watching in case you missed this unbelievable series. I remember my brother stopped watching after series 2, telling me it was rubbish. He was the wise one.

So what kept me watching? Well during series 1 and 2 there were a lot of folk on the net giving their opinions and theories as to what it was all about. The writers came out publicly and said that none of them were totally correct. That intrigued me. I kept watching.

Then to find out after so many years that the ending was so poor and predictable! I felt cheated. I advised many folk after who were thinking of starting to watch it not to.

As for people advising that I should go back and re-watch it, well that ain't happening. I don't watch that much TV these days and am very selective about what I watch. I stopped BB after episode 5 of the 1st series, have never seen Game of Thrones, Suits, Sons of Anarchy, Penny Dreadful, The Walking Dead, Homeland, and many more I hear work colleagues raving about.

The ones that got my time over the years were Sopranos, The Wire, True Detective, West Wing, House of Cards. Sherlock, Utopia. Wasn't disappointed in any of these.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 694 ✭✭✭Tragamin2k2

NIMAN wrote: »
    It was pants. End of.

It got everyones imaginations and then you were afraid to stop watching in case you missed this unbelievable series. I remember my brother stopped watching after series 2, telling me it was rubbish. He was the wise one.

So what kept me watching? Well during series 1 and 2 there were a lot of folk on the net giving their opinions and theories as to what it was all about. The writers came out publicly and said that none of them were totally correct. That intrigued me. I kept watching.

Then to find out after so many years that the ending was so poor and predictable! I felt cheated. I advised many folk after who were thinking of starting to watch it not to.

As for people advising that I should go back and re-watch it, well that ain't happening. I don't watch that much TV these days and am very selective about what I watch. I stopped BB after episode 5 of the 1st series, have never seen Game of Thrones, Suits, Sons of Anarchy, Penny Dreadful, The Walking Dead, Homeland, and many more I hear work colleagues raving about.

The ones that got my time over the years were Sopranos, The Wire, True Detective, West Wing, House of Cards. Sherlock, Utopia. Wasn't disappointed in any of these.

wat

• Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ragnar Lothbrok

A couple of years ago I decided to watch it all over again. I got as far as the scene when the blue VW camper was discovered and then rolled down a hill (season 2 I think). I realised it didn't grab my attention as much as it did originally and I didn't want to invest so much time and effort into watching the whole six series again.

I remembered loving the show so much for the first two series and thought I'd give it a go again as maybe the later series and ending would seem better if watched in a shorter time span. But I just couldn't make myself do it when I tried again.

Like most others, I found the last two or three series quite disappointing, and I absolutely hated the punchline.

For sale: Series 1-6 Lost on DVD :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Effects

I'm glad to report that it ended properly and I understood everything that happened, why it happened (or was shown ) that way.

Can you give us a 100 word description of what happened in the end?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

Can you give us a 100 word description of what happened in the end?
    They were in purgatory and everyone hugs in slow motion with happy music. [/COLOR]

The end.

Advertisement