Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Firefly Reunion at Comic Con 2012

• 28-06-2012 2:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 84,796 ✭✭✭✭

http://www.digitalspy.ie/ustv/news/a390240/joss-whedon-nathan-fillion-set-for-firefly-reunion-at-comic-con.html

Joss Whedon and the cast of the science fiction show Firefly are set to reunite for a panel at this year's San Diego Comic-Con.

The cult series will make its debut at the popular comic, film and television convention to celebrate its 10-year anniversary.

Creator Joss Wedon will be joined by writer Tim Minear and stars Nathan Fillion, Adam Baldwin, Michael Fairman, Sean Maher and Alan Tudyk on Friday, July 13.

Presented by the Science Channel, the panel discussion will feature a question and answer section as well as exclusive never-before-seen clips.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

Amazing. Would love if this somehow kicked off a revival for the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Lazarus Malrax

Amazing. Would love if this somehow kicked off a revival for the show.

now that Joss is hot property after Avengers he could have the muscle to do so. But I personally think the way he ended Serenity
    by killing off Wash and Shepherd
    would mean any future tv show / film would be very very different.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

now that Joss is hot property after Avengers he could have the muscle to do so. But I personally think the way he ended Serenity
    by killing off Wash and Shepherd
    would mean any future tv show / film would be very very different.

I agree but have no doubts about its potential!

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Lazarus Malrax

I agree but have no doubts about its potential!

with Joss there is always potential. :) And I really would love to see what he would do with it. I would actually prefer a tv series than a movie.

• Registered Users Posts: 84,796 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Jewel Staite tweeted Thursday that she won’t be able to attend the SDCC Firefly panel because she’ll be at the London Film & Comic Con.
    According to the event’s official Friday schedule, Gina Torres, Morena Baccarin and Summer Glau will join the previously announced panelists.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 84,796 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Source EW
    Firefly is getting a shiny new TV special.
    To celebrate the cult-favorite sci-fi drama’s 10th anniversary, Science Channel is shooting a new one-hour special chronicling the Firefly cast reunion at Comic-Con this week.
    The special — titled Browncoats Unite — will include footage from Friday’s reunion panel, featuring several members of the original team including star Nathan Fillion and creator Joss Whedon. Plus, the cast is shooting an in-depth behind-the-scenes roundtable interview that will dive deeper into burning fan questions about the beloved series. Both the panel and the roundtable will be moderated by Entertainment Weekly‘s own Jeff Jensen.
    “Firefly is a landmark work of science fiction and a favorite with our viewers,” said Debbie Myers, general manager and executive vp of Science. “Ever since it premiered on Science, fans have asked us to do something special to mark its 10-year anniversary. With this signature celebration, punctuated by Browncoats Unite, we will connect the minds behind this classic franchise with its legions of passionate fans.”
    In addition to Whedon and Fillion, Friday’s 12:30 p.m. Comic-Con panel will feature Alan Tudyk, Summer Glau, Adam Baldwin, Sean Maher, showrunner Tim Minear, and writer Jose Molina. The special, produced by Pangolin Pictures, promises to unearth defining memories and first-person accounts of making the show from both sides of the camera. Browncoats Unite will air on Science, along with an all-day marathon of Firefly episodes, on Sunday, Nov. 11.

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,634 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 damad1

now that Joss is hot property after Avengers he could have the muscle to do so. But I personally think the way he ended Serenity Spoiler: by killing off Wash and Shepherd would mean any future tv show / film would be very very different.
    Joss did say that he would be intrested in doing a radio show and that more firefly comics would be out soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hannibal Smith

omg! Look at you all hiding in here!! Just discovered Firefly on Netflix...I'm a very late comer to the party, but it is sooooooo excellent!

I watched the clip from the reunion on You Tube this morning as it happens, and here's a thread about it!

Joss Whedon is an absolute genius.

Advertisement