Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

IO Play 2 Bluetooth Kit

• 06-07-2015 2:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭

Hi guys

Anyone have any experience with the IO play 2 Bluetooth kit?

Bought a 09 focus which doesn't have integrated Bluetooth :/

Reading reviews it's decent for music streaming?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15 stevendon

My wife has one in her car.
    It's a decent kit, but I prefer the Parrot MKi that I have in my car.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭Gavman84

I have one in my car. Great bit of kit. Brought with me from last car and all. Chose it over parrot as has a better amp for playing music which I do a good bit. Also no wires to be messing around with. No issues with it either have it year and half or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭Newtown90

Gavman84 wrote: »
    I have one in my car. Great bit of kit. Brought with me from last car and all. Chose it over parrot as has a better amp for playing music which I do a good bit. Also no wires to be messing around with. No issues with it either have it year and half or so.

No wires? The controller is wired? The screen is wireless?

Thanks for the reviews lads!

Glenviewjf wrote: »
    No wires? The controller is wired? The screen is wireless?

Thanks for the reviews lads!
    I mean the music is streamed via Bluetooth so I don't have to plug phone in at all just handier. It's tidy bit of kit just the controller and display.

Gavman84 wrote: »
    I mean the music is streamed via Bluetooth so I don't have to plug phone in at all just handier. It's tidy bit of kit just the controller and display.

Oh yes, that makes more sense!

Had a look in halfords there 139 with 60 to install.

• Advertisement

Oh yes, that makes more sense!

Had a look in halfords there 139 with 60 to install.

Bought the kit last night and booked in for fitting next week!

Will report back!

Bought the kit last night and booked in for fitting next week!

Will report back!

Got the kit fitted last night in Halfords!

Very tidy job and works perfectly!

Good sound for calls and music!

Worth the money!

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭kaerobe

Got the kit fitted last night in Halfords!

Very tidy job and works perfectly!

Good sound for calls and music!

Worth the money!

How are you finding it?

I have the io play 2 for about 4 months. Last weekend it cut off mid song and never came back on. My iPhone can't detect any bt network, the screen won't light up but the buttons have the white lights on it.

Brought to halfords. Said so many problems they are dropping the range. Need to go back to get a parott fitted. Gutted

Ya it's perfect at the moment touch wood! Hopefully it keeps going now!

I have mine fitted nearly two years and only issue was the light on control went but installer sorted for free.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 4,297 Mod ✭✭✭✭TherapyBoy

kaerobe wrote: »

Brought to halfords. Said so many problems they are dropping the range. Need to go back to get a parott fitted. Gutted

No one is able to get IO kits at the moment, it's not a question of the quality of the product despite what Halfords might be saying.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭kaerobe

TherapyBoy wrote: »
    No one is able to get IO kits at the moment, it's not a question of the quality of the product despite what Halfords might be saying.

Maybe so. iO not offering much support in relation to tech or CS. I wonder are they winding down operations? Such a pity.

Either way, Halfords reduced the price recently (70Euro Online) and dont stock them anymore.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 4,297 Mod ✭✭✭✭TherapyBoy

They don't stock them anymore because they can't. There's none available to stock.

Advertisement