Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Madden NFL 12

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Raoul

Also, four lads are yet to pick teams and AFC East, AFC North & NFC East only have one human player in division. Might be worth the lads still to pick choosing a team in those divisions?

Yeah, lads please try and divide out the human players as best you can.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭Shiroki

Dont really know how this works but I want a part in it. Seeing as the Packers are already taken I'll put my name down for Falcons :) Can someone please explain to me how this all works ? Much apreciated - Kev ( BoboTroN x ) :D

EDIT: Just seen that Falcons are taken. I'll go for RedSkins :P

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Adrian522 - 49ers
    Santry - Packers
    Berty44 - Jets
    Raoul - Lions
    Raze_them_all - Raiders
    UnitedIrishman - Falcons
    mikemac- Ravens
    niallsparky - Seahawks
    helimachopter - Titans
    PADRAIC.M
    Ix Deadmau5 - Patriots
    JohnnyRyan99 - Cardinals
    Pyjamarama
    McG - Colts
    HeartOfTheCity-Bronco's
    empacher - eagles
    Joyce88
    linebacker52 - bears
    Stevo - Bucs
    Danger_dave1- Bill's

I'll for the pats if thats ok, sickened I missed out on the colts:(

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭Limpar

Adrian522 - 49ers
    Santry - Packers
    Berty44 - Jets
    Raoul - Lions
    Raze_them_all - Raiders
    UnitedIrishman - Falcons
    mikemac- Ravens
    niallsparky - Seahawks
    helimachopter - Titans
    PADRAIC.M
    Ix Deadmau5
    JohnnyRyan99 - Cardinals
    Pyjamarama
    McG - Colts
    HeartOfTheCity-Bronco's
    empacher - eagles
    Joyce88
    linebacker52 - bears
    Stevo - Bucs
    Danger_dave1- Bill's
    Limpar - Cowboys

I'll take Cowboys if nobody else wants them. Xbox tag is Elbow316.

Just updating the teams:
    Adrian522 - 49ers
    Santry - Packers
    Berty44 - Jets
    Raoul - Lions
    Raze_them_all - Raiders
    UnitedIrishman - Falcons
    mikemac- Ravens
    niallsparky - Seahawks
    helimachopter - Titans
    PADRAIC.M
    Ix Deadmau5 - Pats
    JohnnyRyan99 - Cardinals
    Pyjamarama
    McG - Colts
    HeartOfTheCity-Bronco's
    empacher - eagles
    Joyce88
    linebacker52 - bears
    Stevo - Bucs
    Danger_dave1- Bill's
    Limpar - Cowboys

And for the guy that didn't know what was going on. It is basically an online franchise. Except this year we are going for a fantasy draft so this means that we will organise one night where we all draft our full roster. This means that the team you have doesn't really matter as all your players will be from various teams. The actual rules of gameplay are in last years thread. Will have to try and find it somewhere.

Also wondering if you lads would be interested in using league manager:

http://cnflv2.forumotion.com/t701-ea-sports-working-exclusivly-with-league-manager-must-read

Could add an extra bit of realism to the game

• Advertisement

Raoul wrote: »
    And for the guy that didn't know what was going on. It is basically an online franchise. Except this year we are going for a fantasy draft so this means that we will organise one night where we all draft our full roster. This means that the team you have doesn't really matter as all your players will be from various teams. The actual rules of gameplay are in last years thread. Will have to try and find it somewhere.

Also wondering if you lads would be interested in using league manager:

http://cnflv2.forumotion.com/t701-ea-sports-working-exclusivly-with-league-manager-must-read

Could add an extra bit of realism to the game

Where will the draft be done on?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,639 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Where will the draft be done on?

+1 I think we should go with the players/teams we have. Also would be happy for someone to take the Jags/Texans and give me and McG some more competition.

McG looking forward to renewing the rivalry!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Im in guys.

Xbox GT: Mikeyt086

Team: Jaguars.

Ok here are the rules; does anyone have any changes that they would like to make. Before you can get an invite to the franchise I want everyone new to give me a thanks to make sure that they have at least seen the rule book post. It is the same as last year, we rarely had any problems. But we really need everyone to familiarise themselves with it.

Official Franchise Rule Book
    Schedule the game as either through message on Xbox or through Boards. It is inevitable that guys will drop out during the season.

If you have to drop out then take the “Leave Franchise” option so your opponents can play CPU and not be unable to play a game because you are not around.

If you are away on holidays you can leave ( so human opponents can play CPU ) and then rejoin when you come back. Just post up on Boards so that no one takes your team when you are away.

If your opponent is not responding message the Commissioner and he can boot the person from the franchise.

Headsets:
    Headsets are recommended during games. I understand that some don't like to talk during games and instead would prefer to focus on what you are doing. You may have children/wives alseep and you don't want to wake them, however you should still have the headset on so that you can hear your opponent should he need to tell you something.... he has to pause the game, has to go to the bathroom, important phone call, controller battery is dying, etc. Again, I'm not saying you have to talk for the entire game but keep the channels of communication OPEN. If you're playing late at night or otherwise need to be quiet during a game, please inform your opponent prior to kickoff.

Game Settings:
    •Quarter Length: 7 Mins
    •Accelerated Clock: 15 secs
    •Skill Level: All-Pro

Setting Up A Game: All you have to do is go to franchise site, then when both are on line and press the start button to invite your opponent to a game. You see on the owners list who is online / offline. You can send messages, chats etc from the franchise site.

Connection problems and Restarts: sometimes there are problems with two people connecting. The first thing to check is that both of your NATs are open (in the Xbox connection settings, if you are not sure what this is then ask). Assuming they are open and you still have problems, then please post on Boards for some help

If you have to restart a game you must post in this thread the reason for your restart. Games must be restarted no more than three times after this number of restarts, the game will be simmed when the week is advanced.

If a person is persistently restarting games, this will be dealt with seriously and banning from the league is possible

We are striving to be a Sim league, that is to try to play as teams do in the NFL. Therefore, play calling should reflect that in your games. If you wouldn't see it in the NFL, you probably shouldn't be seeing it in these league games.

Playbooks: no limitations, whatever one you want to use.

Audibles/hotroutes/playmaker options: no limitations.

Adjusting depth charts in the game: no limitations.

4th Downs: No going for it on 4th down unless the situation calls for it, some specific examples are;

1) Go for it anytime inside the 10 (Broncos kept trying it last weekend so it's not like it's unrealistic)
    2) Go for it anytime in the Q4 when behind OR inside opposition 40
    3) Go for it anytime when 4th and 1 inside opposition 40
    4) Go for it only 1 more time in a given game outside of the rules above

These aren't the only situations but the main ones. We expect plays to be ones you see in the NFL every week.

Finally, if you are not going to take a field goal or punt on 4th down then you must tell your opponent you are 'going for it' before you choose your formation. No fake punts !

This rule is always the most contentious and causes most aggro in games. If we all follow the rule strictly as it is laid out above then it will be fair to all. You may argue that it is unreasonable but it is the single most oft rule argued about in leagues. The 4th down rule as set out above is taken from a league which has run for many seasons and has proved to be the only one which eliminates all issues.

Onside kicks: Onside kicks can only be used in the 4th quarter if you are losing

No huddle offence: The same should be said about the hurry up offense. This should be reserved for late in the game when you're down OR at the end of the half.

QB running: As far as running with the quarterback….we are not going to say you can't run with the QB but it should NOT be a staple of your offense. No one is going to complain when your guys are covered or when you're about to be sacked.You shouldn't be heading for the sidelines right, or dropping back 20 yards after the snap on most passing plays.

Moving DE's: Manually moving the DE's outside the O-line is discouraged. Moving them towards the inside or moving the tackles is fine. Defensive shifts that are done using the left button are fine.

Glitches/Exploits: There are a few glitches in the game, I'm not going to list them, but if you are exploiting these on a regular basis, and are aware of them, then you may be booted. Although it's nice to win, it's not at any cost.Remember, we have experienced and rookie players. Rookies may well glitch by accident, do not complain about it but point out why was wrong and what they should do to avoid it in future.

Sportsmanship: Use the Golden Rule. Treat others how you wish to be treated. Don't run up the score to pad your stats. If you have someone down and beaten, late in the game, have some class and run the clock out without rubbing salt in their wounds. Generally speaking, up by more than two scores with 2 minutes remaining should dictate you running the ball.
    Joining the franchise:
    The franchise name is boardsie. Simply search for this franchise using your xbox live account on your Xbox only. Once you have found it you will have to enter the password. Simply pm me the password and I will pm you back asap.

People will have a week to play games. If all human games are played the week will be advanced and people will be notified in this thread and again will have a week to play their next game.

Here is an online link to the Franchise site:
    http://www.easports.com/madden-nfl/onlinefranchise/franchises

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

unfortunately guys this games too broken for me to play so I'm trading it in.
    Had a mate take 40 odd snaps for hail mary's into double coverage and everytime my back would be looking at the ball hithim in the face instead of intercepting it.

too broken for me.

• Advertisement

unfortunately guys this games too broken for me to play so I'm trading it in.
    Had a mate take 40 odd snaps for hail mary's into double coverage and everytime my back would be looking at the ball hithim in the face instead of intercepting it.

too broken for me.
    Have you adjusted the sliders?

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭HeartOfTheCity

If Raze drops out, there'll be only myself in the AFC West. If that's the case how do you all feel about leaving the AFC West empty and me moving to AFC North?

And Raoul, think League Manager would be a quality idea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Raoul since you're the one who set up the league last year would you like to take over commish again for this year? As long as your Xbox holds up that is :p:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭empacher

Ive noticed from playing the passing can get quite sporadic, was playing raze last night, 1st half of football was great. i noticed for both of us though that we could have a man open who had broken from coverage, and the quarterback would still manage to through it 5 yards ahead of him.

SantryRed wrote: »
    Raoul since you're the one who set up the league last year would you like to take over commish again for this year? As long as your Xbox holds up that is :p:D

Haha, my xbox seems fine at the moment. I dont mind setting it up now. Not as if the commish really needs to do anything. I will send out invites later on today. Really want all the newbies to thank that post first before they get an invite.

Are you up for trying the league manager Santry? I will have to have a proper look at it later tonight though, I'm not quite sure how it works.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,093 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

SantryRed wrote: »

Haha, my xbox seems fine at the moment. I dont mind setting it up now. Not as if the commish really needs to do anything. I will send out invites later on today. Re sneakally want all the newbies to thank that post first before they get an invite.

Are you up for trying the league manager Santry? I will have to have a proper look at it later tonight though, I'm not quite sure how it works.
    Lads I think we should try to have at least 2 human players per division if possible, not leave any divisions all CPU as we would then have CPU teams I the play offs.

Secondly I think we should have a rule in place for the use of the qb sneak as it seems to be a lot easier than the previous version.

What do think?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

Raul, as was suggested above can we ensure that the league team choices are spread out to minimise CPU games?

The last post of teams seems to suggest there are 20 players. It would be ideal if we had 8 divisions with 2 players and then an 2 AFC divsions with 3 and an 2 NFC divisions with 3. Then if new guys join you can continue to keep conferences / divisions as even as possible.

Should not be a problem really as its only the kits / stadiums and not the rosters of the various teams.

Raoul I am happy to retain the Jets but will have no problem giving them up to even out the divsions for human players.

Also with 20+ guys wanting to do a franchise draft it maybe an idea to poll guys to see when suits most people. It going to be impossible to please everyone. Might even be used to orgainse fixtures as I think there is a forum for each league.

Myleaguemanager is supposed to be pretty impressive. Not used it myself but judging on reports from guys who use it it is very good. Keeps great stats etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

If anyone fancies a game on PS3 later feel free to add me. Will be on around 8 or 9.

Kevyn87ie

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Joyce88

Adrian522 - 49ers
    Santry - Packers
    Berty44 - Jets
    Raoul - Lions
    Raze_them_all - Raiders
    UnitedIrishman - Falcons
    mikemac- Ravens
    niallsparky - Seahawks
    helimachopter - Titans
    PADRAIC.M
    Ix Deadmau5
    JohnnyRyan99 - Cardinals
    Pyjamarama
    McG - Colts
    HeartOfTheCity-Bronco's
    empacher - eagles
    Joyce88
    linebacker52 - bears
    Stevo - Bucs
    Danger_dave1- Bill's

Cheers guys.

I'll take the Texans

Gamertag - iE I Taco Nips

Berty44 wrote: »
    Raul, as was suggested above can we ensure that the league team choices are spread out to minimise CPU games?

The last post of teams seems to suggest there are 20 players. It would be ideal if we had 8 divisions with 2 players and then an 2 AFC divsions with 3 and an 2 NFC divisions with 3. Then if new guys join you can continue to keep conferences / divisions as even as possible.

Should not be a problem really as its only the kits / stadiums and not the rosters of the various teams.

Raoul I am happy to retain the Jets but will have no problem giving them up to even out the divsions for human players.

Also with 20+ guys wanting to do a franchise draft it maybe an idea to poll guys to see when suits most people. It going to be impossible to please everyone. Might even be used to orgainse fixtures as I think there is a forum for each league.

Myleaguemanager is supposed to be pretty impressive. Not used it myself but judging on reports from guys who use it it is very good. Keeps great stats etc.
    Yeah once we have a good idea of who is in the league, I was planning on sending out a doodle poll so that people could give times they are available for the draft.

I really think we need to separate out the teams. I just sorted out all the teams and it is very bunched together. I think it is best if I pm people with a list of teams to choose from. It will be the last person to pick the team that overloads the division that will be pm'd. I think its the fairest way.

• Advertisement

Adrian522 - 49ers
    Santry - Packers
    Berty44 - Jets
    Raoul - Lions
    Raze_them_all - Raiders
    UnitedIrishman - Falcons
    mikemac- Ravens
    niallsparky - Seahawks
    helimachopter - Titans
    PADRAIC.M
    Ix Deadmau5
    JohnnyRyan99 - Cardinals
    Pyjamarama
    McG - Colts
    HeartOfTheCity-Bronco's
    empacher - eagles
    Joyce88 - Texans
    linebacker52 - bears
    Stevo - Bucs
    Danger_dave1- Bill's
    Mikeyt086 -

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

^^^ Jaguars ;)

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    ^^^ Jaguars ;)

That division is already full of human players. We are trying to seperate the teams as much as possible. I have sent out pm to people who have already picked teams that need to change them so as soon as they get back to me I will let you know the list of available teams.

It really makes it a better league when you are playing as many humans as possible.

That division is already full of human players. We are trying to seperate the teams as much as possible. I have sent out pm to people who have already picked teams that need to change them so as soon as they get back to me I will let you know the list of available teams.

It really makes it a better league when you are playing as many humans as possible.

Pats? If thats ok

edit: Eagles for me

Edit: DURRRRRRRRRRRRRR. I'm blind. I'll take the Giants.

Raoul, the AFC East has Jets / Bills and Pats.

Give Dave the Jets ( he has picked Bills but supports Jets and I had them last year ). That will leave 2 in that division.

Leave me until the end if you want. I will play anywhere that suits to balance it out ( gimme a couple of choices though ).

Berty44 wrote: »
    Raoul, the AFC East has Jets / Bills and Pats.

Give Dave the Jets ( he has picked Bills but supports Jets and I had them last year ). That will leave 2 in that division.

Leave me until the end if you want. I will play anywhere that suits to balance it out ( gimme a couple of choices though ).

I have sent out a few pms and people have got back to me. It is all coming together. Deadmau5 is going to take the Giants so you can stick with your beloved Jets if you like.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Danger_dave1

He can stick with them and get second in the divison every season we play :)

Woo hoo good man Dave, strong words !

Cool I will stick with the Jets and look forward to our twice a season battles, Our games have never disappionted in the past so no reason to think they will be anything other than classics in Madden 12 !

Berty, adrian and Santry all got the invites on xbox live. Some of the other guys arent registered.

Sent out a good few pmms. Some people still haven't thanked the rule book post, until they do that they wont be getting a pm.
    League Manager

There is the league manager site invite. Password is the same as the franchise. I am still not sure how it works but I think we should give it a go. And when signing up please use the same username as here.

I also think another week and a bit for people to get the game and everything sorted out is plenty of time. So here is the following poll for draft times:
    Draft time

Just simply put whatever times you are free. I will read the results of the poll next Wednesday or Thursday so plenty of time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭Limpar

Adrian522 - 49ers
    Santry - Packers
    Berty44 - Jets
    Raoul - Lions
    Raze_them_all - Raiders
    UnitedIrishman - Falcons
    mikemac- Ravens
    niallsparky - Seahawks
    helimachopter - Titans