Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Loungers Who Lunch - The Off Topic Thread (All Chat Goes Here!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Went buying drugs over here - cannot believe they are so cheap, 16p for a 16 pack of paracetamol! Bringing a few packs home with me, big savings on the prices at home!

Home Thursday - cannot wait for a few weeks of doing fe*ck all :D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

EmilyO wrote: »
    I seriously think the dull, heavy weather is having an effect on people. At work on Sunday I kept having to go outside for air, I felt all heavy and lethargic.

I'm of the same mind at the minute, dressing to deal with the downpours in the morning then 9 hours later getting sunburned is just weird!

I wanted to do nothing more than flee the building at 9am this morning, by lunchtime when the weather improved I was fine!

Wrecked when I got home though, I'm blaming the weather.
    Went buying drugs over here - cannot believe they are so cheap, 16p for a 16 pack of paracetamol! Bringing a few packs home with me, big savings on the prices at home!

Home Thursday - cannot wait for a few weeks of doing fe*ck all :D

Everytime I go up North I cannot believe how much five euro buys you in terms of what it gets you here. Those generic painkiller/sinus drugs are a tiny fraction of what it costs here.

Weirdly though here, I have prescription painkillers for a condition I have.

Three times or more stronger than neurofen plus, and 96 of them on prescription here including the dispensing fee were less than 18 euro.

You'd not get 96 neurofen plus for that.

Something is wrong there!

The downside is the drowsiness they invoke, so I very rarely take them, in a month I've taken four.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭LenaClaire

I have a big bag of clothes that I packed up a few years ago because I got too big to wear them. I have been slowly... ever so slowly... losing weight and I decided today to get some of my favorites out of the bag as motivation.

I tried them on and some fit! Some fit perfectly and some I can button, but need another few months, of slow but steady loss, before I would feel confident wearing them out. I never expected any to fit yet!

I have a few more that are probably going to take another 6-8 months but I am so excited :D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

EmilyO wrote: »
    I seriously think the dull, heavy weather is having an effect on people. At work on Sunday I kept having to go outside for air
    Humidity and constant rain. Not even any sun to go with it to cheer people up a bit!

Ella, you must be so worried about your sister. :( I hope the rest of the tests go okay for her and she recovers soon. xxx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

I got sunburned today :( I normally wear factor 50 but I got stuck outside for 3 hours with my boyfriend after he got the tractor stuck in the bog and my arms are so stingy now. I'm so sad. I haven't gotten sunburned since I did my leaving cert (got burned sitting outside studying for geography) and before that I was 8. I look outside now and it's like the middle of Winter again, lashing rain, so windy, cold :(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

• Registered Users Posts: 31,817 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I got sunburned today :( I normally wear factor 50 but I got stuck outside for 3 hours with my boyfriend after he got the tractor stuck in the bog and my arms are so stingy now. I'm so sad. I haven't gotten sunburned since I did my leaving cert (got burned sitting outside studying for geography) and before that I was 8. I look outside now and it's like the middle of Winter again, lashing rain, so windy, cold :(

I got burned during the week and now I've got a class tan on my chest, face and knees. It's really noticeable around my knees!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

So did I and I will simply turn lobster red, then revert back to my usual pale ghostliness.

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Stheno wrote: »
    So did I and I will simply turn lobster red, then revert back to my usual pale ghostliness.

I hear ya!! My face was still noticeably red until yesterday - I got burned last Wednesday!!! Loads of moisturizer ensured that I didn't peel badly!

Yep I'm red raw and sore but within days I'll be see-through again

• Advertisement

I hear ya!! My face was still noticeably red until yesterday - I got burned last Wednesday!!! Loads of moisturizer ensured that I didn't peel badly!
    Yep I'm red raw and sore but within days I'll be see-through again

The OH thought I looked great! Less of the paleness, he's fine with it of course, but always comments when it is less!

Am lashing on the moisturiser and SPF tomorrow!

I love victoria's secret lined cotton bras. They are so comfy and they do not show under your shirt and they hide turbo nipples :D

turbo nipples :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Got soaked when I went out for a walk. Need a hot shower.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭tatabubbly

Never bought anything from victoria's secrets before

*runs to interwebs*

tatabubbly wrote: »
    Never bought anything from victoria's secrets before

*runs to interwebs*

They actually do fairly nice regular clothes too, or at least they used to when I used to be able to shop in the states a lot. My favorite ever pair of capris were from there and I wore them until they fell apart :o

I only get my bras there now but they are the only place I get them that fits right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

Went on a 15km walk today...im so frickin sore!! :(

Also dole office screwed me over today placing me on x and o but cutting my entire dole instead of part of it! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

every month Im getting all blocked up and feeling sluggish... hate it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Grrrr...I hate Americans who go on about 'the craic'.

The craic is/was/will be ninety :P :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

I think Ginseng is supposed to be good for energy levels.

I asked my friend if she wanted to go see Dark Knight Rises on friday because I was booking tickets. She replied "what's that about?".

:eek:

So I killed her.

It's understandable, right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

FouxDaFaFa wrote: »

I asked my friend if she wanted to go see Dark Knight Rises on friday because I was booking tickets. She replied "what's that about?".

So I killed her.

Yes...completely

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

So I killed her.

I'LL HAVE HER:D:D

I haven't a clue what it is either:D

So I killed her.

:pac:
    Lucyfur wrote: »
    I'LL HAVE HER:D:D

I haven't a clue what it is either:D

You, come with me. Let me just get my shovel :p

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

SarahBeep! wrote: »
    Grrrr...I hate Americans who go on about 'the craic'.

"great craic" is a phrase that will get confused looks from some Americans though lol. although I was in a club in San Francisco and a girl tapped me on the shoulder and asked "if I knew Crystal" I just said no and never copped she was asking if I could tell her where should could buy Crystal Meth until afterwards lol so its not just yanks who pick things up wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

So I killed her.

Meh, tis just a movie, I barely know what it's about.

Just had a lovely evening with friends, met friend's girlfriend and she is lovely :) Had lots of wine, delicious pulled pork with homemade bbq sauce and spicy coleslaw, Key Lime Pie and chocolate eclairs fresh from the oven, while watching Tim Minchin live at Albert Hall. Perfect night!

Acoshla wrote: »
    Meh, tis just a movie, I barely know what it's about.

Just had a lovely evening with friends, met friend's girlfriend and she is lovely :) Had lots of wine, delicious pulled pork with homemade bbq sauce and spicy coleslaw, Key Lime Pie and chocolate eclairs fresh from the oven, while watching Tim Minchin live at Albert Hall. Perfect night!

GTFO! :p Its definitely the most anticipated film of the year, has a good chance at being the biggest grossing film of all time as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

krudler wrote: »
    "great craic" is a phrase that will get confused looks from some Americans though lol. although I was in a club in San Francisco and a girl tapped me on the shoulder and asked "if I knew Crystal" I just said no and never copped she was asking if I could tell her where should could buy Crystal Meth until afterwards lol so its not just yanks who pick things up wrong.
    Miss out on a potential sale there? ;)

I was at work once and this guy was talking about his night out and said it had been "great craic". This young american girl's jaw dropped and she just froze until he left. She came up to me with this completely shocked expression on her face and said:
    "Oh my God, did you hear that guy talking about CRACK?!"

Miss out on a potential sale there? ;)

I was at work once and this guy was talking about his night out and said it had been "great craic". This young american girl's jaw dropped and she just froze until he left. She came up to me with this completely shocked expression on her face and said:
    "Oh my God, did you hear that guy talking about CRACK?!"

do I look like Walter White to you :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

krudler wrote: »
    GTFO! :p Its definitely the most anticipated film of the year, has a good chance at being the biggest grossing film of all time as well.

YAWN :p

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement