Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fantasy Euro 2012

• 19-03-2012 12:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭

Re: League and code info -

Official Website - http://en.euro2012fantasy.uefa.com/

1. Classic League name: Boards FSA
    Code: 14305-2794

2. Head to Head League name: Boards FSA H2H
    Code: 14305-2795

*There'll be 3 KO rounds as well in the H2H league. *

3. FSA Euro 2012 Cup Thread -
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056630197

Definitely interesting in doing a league for this

Though I have no idea who does the best league for this, I haven't done a Major Championships fantasy football since wc94 or something :pac:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,478 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Official site game is usually the best and tends to be closest to the FPL format most are used to.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

Is there one? Anyone have a link to it?

GarIT wrote: »
    Is there one? Anyone have a link to it?

Probably wont be set up until the squads are confirmed at the very earliest.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Thay have set up the fantasy game for the Euros. Some of the pricing is a bit retarded imo. They'll have to change it surely.

David Villa is worth 12 million even though he's out with a broken leg at the moment. Klose is one of the best WC/Euro players around but he's hardly worth more than Ronaldo or Van Persie. Somehow Huntelaar is worth the same as RVP and Ronaldo as well.

Can't complain too much if they don't change it though. Would be easier to get them in the team.

http://en.euro2012fantasy.uefa.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭carlcon

Ah Jebus, not this now... just when I was winding down! :pac:

Stand-out price for me at first look is 9m for Robben. 8m for Ibrahimović is another. Learning more about teams in Group A will be essential when it comes to finding cheap gems.

Jones or Smalling for 5.5 look decent too if they're settled into the squad by then.

And "Welback" for England is a new one to me... :rolleyes:
    --

I made a team over lunch. Obviously just made for a laugh, but my tactic will be "get as many Germans and Spaniards into my team as possible, while picking up on English and Irish bargains".

D22fy.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

lashed in a team just there

capture_01.jpg

rules are v similar to fpl game

didn't see a mention of bonus points anywhere though :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Carlcon has a 2-5-3 formation so I can see an error already...

Anyway I made an attempt to stick all the big name players in, managed it pretty easily when there's attackers on offer for 4m...

6nvw9z.jpg

how is Richard Dunne not a big name player :pac:

2-5-3 formations and no bonus points were in previous euro games. Also was the ability to make subs and change capt mid gameweek provided they hadnt played yet

• Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

KevIRL wrote: »
    2-5-3 formations and no bonus points were in previous euro games. Also was the ability to make subs and change capt mid gameweek provided they hadnt played yet

I remember everything except the 2-5-3 formation. Maybe I just never tried it.

• Advertisement

I was just looking back at the thread for the last WC there. As mentioned above you could change your captain during the week (as long as he wasn't sent off).

Another one was that players got attacking bonuses. They got them for bringing the ball into the box I think. Ronaldo got 7 in one game.

Also players lost a point for every time they gave away the ball it seems. I'm not fully sure on that one though, they may have scrapped it.

That was a McDonald's one as well. I haven't had a chance to look at the rules for this one but it may very well be somewhat similar.

It's a pity Forlán isn't playing in this one. He cleaned up in the last game. Hopefully I strike lucky with the players I choose.

EDIT: I just looked there now and there's no attacking bonus which is lucky really because it was a load of ****e really. A defending bonus is in there though. Might just throw De Jong in my team and let him tackle eveyone for them points.

Might just throw De Jong in my team and let him tackle eveyone for them points.

As long as you're OK losing them when he drop-kicks Ronaldo's or Ozil's shins and gets 3 red cards in one game.

carlcon wrote: »
    Might just throw De Jong in my team and let him tackle eveyone for them points.

As long as you're OK losing them when he drop-kicks Ronaldo's or Ozil's shins and gets 3 red cards in one game.

if Howard Webb's reffin he'll be fine

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

I was just looking back at the thread for the last WC there. As mentioned above you could change your captain during the week (as long as he wasn't sent off).

Another one was that players got attacking bonuses. They got them for bringing the ball into the box I think. Ronaldo got 7 in one game.

Also players lost a point for every time they gave away the ball it seems. I'm not fully sure on that one though, they may have scrapped it.

That was a McDonald's one as well. I haven't had a chance to look at the rules for this one but it may very well be somewhat similar.

It's a pity Forlán isn't playing in this one. He cleaned up in the last game. Hopefully I strike lucky with the players I choose.

EDIT: I just looked there now and there's no attacking bonus which is lucky really because it was a load of ****e really. A defending bonus is in there though. Might just throw De Jong in my team and let him tackle eveyone for them points.

The Champions League game has a "recovered balls" bonus which gives an extra point per 5 balls recovered so I guess it's along those lines?

Mr. Guappa wrote: »
    The Champions League game has a "recovered balls" bonus which gives an extra point per 5 balls recovered so I guess it's along those lines?

Yea that's it pretty much. I made a hames of explaining it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

I have a feeling this game will be completely different to our regular fantasy games. For one, I thing playing 2 at the back won't be a good thing to do i.e .... defenders will earn as much points as most midfielders will. I also think that flooding all your cash into strikers like you in FPL won't be a good thing to do. Normally in big competitions like this things are tight and teams won't be scoring loads of goals like in the PL. This is what I think of it anyway. I also think picking free-kick/penalty takers will be crucial.

1 huge, important thing to take note also, is the groups teams are in. I won't be picking Danish players because they have the hardest group they could've possibly gotten but I will be picking Russian players, especially Russian defenders, 3 clean sheets in the group stage could well happen for them.

The "recovered balls" thing is an excellent idea. Saw it a few years back in the CL game. It's the main thing I think we're missing in the FPL. Of all the complaining we all do about various aspects of the game, I think this is the one change FPL needs.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Decided to stick this as there really is not long to go.

TEAM CATINTHESACK F.C.

1334939879392.png

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

could someone PM me the code to the boards league if there is any. Thanks

• Advertisement

itsallfunandgames
    0QVaCl.jpg

Classic League name: Boards FSA
    Code: 14305-2794

Head to Head League name: Boards FSA H2H
    Code: 14305-2795

*There'll be 3 KO rounds as well.

The above will be added to the OP.

On another note, great seeing quite varied teams as ever with the FF international tourneys. My team is quite different compared to most of the above bar a very few players here and there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

Is Silva likely to start?? He's down as a forward but with the likes of Villa and Soldado is he even going to get his game up front??

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Formation

Lots of clean sheets in internationals

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭massdebater

Think I'll give this a miss. I'm jaded after a long FPL campaign and fatigue has set in over the past few weeks. I look forward to returning in August fully refreshed and back to peak fitness.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

Think I'll give this a miss. I'm jaded after a long FPL campaign and fatigue has set in over the past few weeks. I look forward to returning in August fully refreshed and back to peak fitness.

HERE HERE!!!:D

pfft. you'll get the itch come June

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

Hey lads.... would anyone be interested in a Boards Fantasy Euros cup competition? And by that I mean:

I get 16 different teams (first come first served). Assign each team to a different country in the Euros. So lets say I get Ireland.... I'll be up against another lads team that was assigned to Czech Rep in my first game. (first GW) Do this for the group stages. After that, if you're in the top 2 in your group you're placed in the next round. We won't go by the teams you're assigned to for fixtures after that simply because the same teams won't qualify in the real comp if you know what I mean...

Anyways, ye should get the drift of it. The nice thing about doing this instead of a regular cup is that you're guaranteed 3 games instead of being knocked out in the first round. There's also the fact that you can say you are The Netherlands or you're Spain or whatever and there will be a FSA Euro 2012 winner with the team that wins.

Straightforward competition, bita craic and also very exclusive with only 16 entrants. Could make it a paid cup to make it more intense and worthwhile. The Euros are too short for a league imo. You'd need a cup like this.

• Advertisement

FatRat wrote: »
    Hey lads.... would anyone be interested in a Boards Fantasy Euros cup competition? And by that I mean:

I get 16 different teams (first come first served). Assign each team to a different country in the Euros. So lets say I get Ireland.... I'll be up against another lads team that was assigned to Czech Rep in my first game. (first GW) Do this for the group stages. After that, if you're in the top 2 in your group you're placed in the next round. We won't go by the teams you're assigned to for fixtures after that simply because the same teams won't qualify in the real comp if you know what I mean...

Anyways, ye should get the drift of it. The nice thing about doing this instead of a regular cup is that you're guaranteed 3 games instead of being knocked out in the first round. There's also the fact that you can say you are The Netherlands or you're Spain or whatever and there will be a FSA Euro 2012 winner with the team that wins.

Straightforward competition, bita craic and also very exclusive with only 16 entrants. Could make it a paid cup to make it more intense and worthwhile. The Euros are too short for a league imo. You'd need a cup like this.

id be interested

Advertisement