Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Voice Of Ireland

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

mcgu wrote: »
    Are Kian, Sharon Corr, Bresie and Brian Kennedy all signed connected to Universal by any chance?????

If they are then it could show that the Programme makers were under pressure from their advertisers to support the product they are placing with in the programme. Which is against the Product Placement rules, but then Shinawhil do that on The Apprentice You're Fired nearly Every week. But

...... Shhhhhhh! Tell no one! Shhhhhh!.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 mcgu

Just ran a little bit of a google search with all the judges names and universal music.... well well well!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Colmo52

Just ran a little bit of a google search with all the judges names and universal music.... well well well!

None of them are signed with Universal

Colmo52 wrote: »
    None of them are signed with Universal

I can't find anything to suggest they are either perhaps mcgu could give us a link, before I start going off on a rant :) my rants would make perfect sense if other would do the research for me :)

All I said was well well well!! :)

• Advertisement

All I said was well well well!! :)

true! true! true!.... but the implication.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Who is Bresie?

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Pretty Polly

Looking forward to seeing Bresie. Was surprised when i heard he was going to be on the panel though. At least this years judges have experience in the music industry. Lord knows why Blathnaid was on the judging panel last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,244 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Looking forward to watching this cos Bressie is hot!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,656 ✭✭✭cgpg5

Who is Bresie?

Some clown who actually calls himself Bressie! Something Breslin the lead singer of the Blizzards.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,006 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

leahyl wrote: »
    Looking forward to watching this cos Bressie is hot!!

He is probably the only judge who has a current career and is sorta relevant music wise

Danny from The Script is a judge on the UK show

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Danny from The Script is a judge on the UK show

:confused: I don't know! I just don't understand!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 pinkhappyturtle

Its not really a surprise that they all at some stage have had a link with Universal Sounds or perhaps owe a favour here or there but my question is with the exception of Bressie other than being on stage what exactly qualifies them to judge the competition? :D

Sharon Corr: http://www.sharoncorr.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=854&start=50

Kian Egan (Westlife): http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Westlife_songs (They have done a few ablums with Universal)

Brian Kennedy: The Ireland's Call song was done with Universal Sounds. Theres loads of articles were this is mentioned.

Bressie (The Blizzards): http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Blizzards

Well well well !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Colmo52

You're starting to sound like Jim Corr with all this conspiracy bullsh*t.

Sure its a tiny little Country - there are bound to be connections.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,006 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Surely they could have got better judges for this

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Surely they could have got better judges for this

It is hard to know what a good judge is??? Jessy J and your man from the Script on the UK version, I am not sure how good they are as Judges, both are relatively new to the music scene. Will.i.am is prob the best of the 4, but only as he is also a producer. And well Tom Jones is a veteran to be fair. If only Joe Dolan was still knocking about.

It's not about the money money money

• Registered Users Posts: 8 pinkhappyturtle

Its not a conspiracy, Irelands just super small when it comes to the music scene so your bound to cross paths with a hand full of people again and again.

When it comes to judging at least the guy Bressie has done some producing and has a small clue about that side of things. As judges I would be looking for someone like that someone who is the other side of the recording world who has spotted the next best thing. It hurts me to say it but someone like Lou who has the eye for what the public will buy.

On the up side there is loads of other channels to be watched on Sunday nights and failing that the cinema etc so avoiding the whole show shouldn't be too hard haha.

• Advertisement

Brian Kennedy is another judge. If his car crash performance on TV3's "come dine with me" is anything to go by, I'm interested to see if he redeems himself on "The Voice".....

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭Luis21

Looking forward to this. Sharon "new big silly looking lips" Corr, Brian Kennedy, Some bloke and Kian "Look at my hairline, you could land a plane on my forehead" Egan.

Car crash.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 RisnL

Bressie has technical knowledge

• Registered Users Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭gazzer

Kian Egan is a useless manager (spent 2 years trying to get his wife's band to work and failed) and he never sang lead vocals in any Westlife song afaik so how the hell is he qualified to be a judge of singing?

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Pretty Polly

gazzer wrote: »
    Kian Egan is a useless manager (spent 2 years trying to get his wife's band to work and failed) and he never sang lead vocals in any Westlife song afaik so how the hell is he qualified to be a judge of singing?

I think it was closer to 3 years...what a disaster!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 RisnL

I agree that kian Egan would be no good as a manager but he might be of use as a coach, he's been in the business for a while and knows how I works, he must be able to hold a note or two after being in westlife. I think they're would have been several other candidates better suited to the role but the show needs viewers, they're are probably thousands of people watching it simply because he is a coach.

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭missbelle

Not going to lie....Bressie is the main reason I'm going to tune in ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

"Four of the most influential people in the UK and Irish music industry"..

Jesus H Christ...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,655 ✭✭✭1966

talk bout a long intro..............................

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,650 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

I was like who the hell is this Bressie fella.

So thanks for all those links folks! :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement