Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Is this the Geography marking scheme?

• 01-03-2006 4:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭

Our teacher is convinced (although I've no clue where he got it from) that for the 30mark questions you've to make 15 2mark points and for the 80mark questions you've to make 40 2mark questions. Is this true? He's pretty thick and that seems a bit much, especially on the 80marker...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭Azureus

i dont see how ya'd get 40 points..though depends what they count as a point i suppose.
    my geog teacher ran through the field study marking scheme with us today (there was an igeog leaving cert inservice the other day-maybe thats where your teacher got it? though i hope not because 40 points is madness)
    i know its nine relevent points for each task in the field study ansd you do two tasks.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Rob30888

Nope, he's had this scheme for a few months now...

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭brid_m

If you check the gov. education website you might be able to find out, they have marking schemes for exams, past papers, etc. Might help

brid_m wrote:
    If you check the gov. education website you might be able to find out, they have marking schemes for exams, past papers, etc. Might help

It's a new course, so there's none yet

I've checked it out. The marking scheme is on skool.ie, in the senior section. Just click on geography. It is the new course one

• Advertisement

brid_m wrote:
    I've checked it out. The marking scheme is on skool.ie, in the senior section. Just click on geography. It is the new course one

I can't find it on it! :mad: Do you've a direct link? :)

this is it
    http://www.skool.ie/skoool/examcentre_sc.asp?id=3309
    It's at the very end of this page :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭DonaldDuck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭dr.barbie

Its brilliant to have some idea of the marking scheme at last!:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement