Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Emissions trouble

• 18-07-2013 4:23pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I'm having trouble with a 99 Skoda Octavia petrol 1.6.

It's failed the nct on emissions, and I'm stumped as to what else I can do;

Emissions were as follows
    Low idle
    CO 1.35 HC 381ppm
    High idle
    lambda 1.01 CO 2.72 HC 490ppm

So far its had a new CAT, a new Lambda and had the timing belt changed fairly recently.

Any suggestions as what else I can do as can't afford to replace it at the minute

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭George Dalton

This looks like the usual problem with these. Namely the engine is fecked. Burning oil, HC figures high. There are ways of getting them through the test though if you know what you are doing. Where are you based?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭angeldaisy

I'm based in Limerick.

Would be great just to be able to get it through test, as can't quite afford to replace it yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭holdmybeer

Dipetane and fit either 2nd hand or Universal Catalytic just before the test, a day before and drive 50 miles to activate it. That you would be the best bet but its still 50/50 whether it would pass with those readings.

Make sure its not a universal lambda you had fitted, those things are useless. Most people go with second hand lambda as they're cheap (20e) and new they cost 120e. Good luck.

Advertisement