Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Business - ABQs - How do I tackle them?

• 01-02-2012 9:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32

Hey guys,

Is there anybody who can explain to me how to actually form an answer for the ABQ in Business? I have a brilliant teacher, but he had to leave a week before the mocks and wont be back until after the mid-term break, and we haven't actually done a ABQ for ages.

I know that you have to refer to the text given, but do you have to make your point, then quote a sentence from the text which is relevent to the point you make? ABQs are my biggest downside to Business for me, and I need to try and get as much points in the ABQ as I possible can, and improve on my ABQs after the mocks.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,711 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Read - Refer - Do well
    Dont read - Dont quote - Do badly

State explain quote

Always refer to name of person or business when answering ( eg When explaining how ABC Ltd. brought about empowerment, use the name of company and person behind it rather than using your definition) Thats how you get your marks

• Registered Users Posts: 32 PTheArtist

Okay thanks! :)

So let's say the question was

"Outline the benefits to a firm for preparing a cash flow forecast. Refer to ABC Ltd. in your answer"

Do I state the first benefit by saying "A cash flow forecast forces businesses to plan for the future", then explain how a cash flow forecast forces ABC Ltd to plan for the future by refering to the text, then make a quote to back up my explaination?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,711 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

PTheArtist wrote: »
    Okay thanks! :)

So let's say the question was

"Outline the benefits to a firm for preparing a cash flow forecast. Refer to ABC Ltd. in your answer"

Do I state the first benefit by saying "A cash flow forecast forces businesses to plan for the future", then explain how a cash flow forecast forces ABC Ltd to plan for the future by refering to the text, then make a quote to back up my explaination?

You'd be correct in saying that. Instead of "businesses to plan" say "businesses like ABC Ltd.". Its like an English question, needs a lot of focus but in the right way

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 sarah_94

what about OL business ?? (debs)

Advertisement