Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Tesco Clubcard vouchers

• 09-05-2011 12:25pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭

If you don't avail of clubcard deals, Tesco have a new offer where you can double the value of your vouchers to spend in store on: Clothing, Baby&Toddler, Flowers, Suncare, Frozen Foods.

You bring your clubcard vouchers to the store (in €5 increments) and exchange them for reward tokens before 5 June and spend them on the above products before 15 June. http://www.tesco.ie/clubcardexchange/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭bigwillie

thanks snubbleste......
    handy for frozen food.....lots of ice-cream...mmmmmmmm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Saw the promo bling in the shop , disappointed I'm restricted to what I can spend them on as I don't buy any of those things :(

Still I'm sure theres many who will get great value from the offer. Maybe there's something in the clothing end I can get.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Thats a good deal for frozen stuff, esp. if you had a big freezer. I let some of my vouchers go out of date and so lost out.

My local one no longer really does mens clothes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭Oracle

Thanks for the info Snubbleste. Yeah many Tescos don't seem to do men's clothing any more, maybe it's just the larger stores. Anyway its a great deal for use on clothing, even if I have to travel to a bigger store.

P.S. They've had this in the Tesco UK for years now, and they also offer a reclaim system for missing Clubcard Vouchers, they haven't offered that here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭sok2005

Fantastic for Baby & Toddler!

• Advertisement

sok2005 wrote: »
    Fantastic for Baby & Toddler!

Yeah except it excludes the following, which they classify as "baby medication". They're more like baby essentials ..... :(
    # Vaseline pure petroleum jelly, Sudocrem antiseptic healing creme, Infacol, Dentinox infant colic drops,
    Dentinox cradle cap treatment shampoo, Shamrock glucose, Tesco My Baby’s petroleum jelly,
    Bepanthen ointment, Dentinox teething toothpaste.

Oracle wrote: »
    Yeah except it excludes the following, which they classify as "baby medication". They're more like baby essentials ..... :(

Cheeky seen as though they have a pic of SMA on its offer page. Saying that, i'm happy enough with Nappies, wipes and baby clothing!

... true 0-6 months infant formula milk is also excluded. Interesting that the Tesco My Baby (own brand) Petroleum Jelly is excluded, but the Tesco My Baby Nappy Cream is not, and it's very good.

... true 0-6 months infant formula milk is also excluded. Interesting that the Tesco My Baby (own brand) Petroleum Jelly is excluded, but the Tesco My Baby Nappy Cream is not, and it's very good.

Silly miss from them! We'll take advantage :D

The SMA pack shown is the Follow-On Milk (photo attached) its included, I think all formulas for 6 months+ are included. Although I agree, it's still misleading, seeing the SMA pack, you'd assume all formula milk is included.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

We got Tesco Clubcard vouchers in the post today and it had a leaflet about this in it, but it only says it's available for Baby, Flowers, Suncare & Clothes - they must have updated it to include frozen food recently.

Good deal.. got €7, so €14 on frozen food will come in handy.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

The SMA pack shown is the Follow-On Milk (photo attached) its included, I think all formulas for 6 months+ are included. Although I agree, it's still misleading, seeing the SMA pack, you'd assume all formula milk is included.

Its illegal to promote infant formula aimed at 0-6mts. Thats why there's no clubcard points on milk and its never on offer.

Its a pity about the meds too, few would say no to a supersize tub of Sudacreme for a €5 voucher.

If the out of date vouchers scan, you can exchange them for the new vouchers, worth a try!

Problem is I thing I'll be getting €23.50 in vouchers so I'll only get 4 vouchers. (€40)

I'm looking through the nappies and wipes to see how many months I can get supplies for!

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    Its illegal to promote infant formula aimed at 0-6mts. Thats why there's no clubcard points on milk and its never on offer.

Its a pity about the meds too, few would say no to a supersize tub of Sudacreme for a €5 voucher.

If the out of date vouchers scan, you can exchange them for the new vouchers, worth a try!

Problem is I thing I'll be getting €23.50 in vouchers so I'll only get 4 vouchers. (€40)

I'm looking through the nappies and wipes to see how many months I can get supplies for!

How interesting, I never knew that! Makes sense as to why the packaging is always covered in "Breast is Best" like propaganda. Another blow to mothers who have already chosen against breastfeeding for whatever reasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭Dotcomdolly

Someone on another board said you can only use one departmental voucher against each purchase so you may need to ring stuff through as separate sales in you a stocking up on e.g nappies.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,614 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Why won't they do electricals :(.

Try the Tesco own brand My Baby Nappy Cream, similar to Sudocreme, it's included in the voucher offer. It's only €1.25 for a 150ml pot all the time anyway.

Thanks, I was going to try that. I phoned Tesco Clubcard and they're going to re-issue all my out of date vouchers. So fair play to Tesco. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭homolumo

Damn we do the Christmas club thing where you get all the vouchers in one go, losing out big time here.

Basq wrote: »
    We got Tesco Clubcard vouchers in the post today and it had a leaflet about this in it, but it only says it's available for Baby, Flowers, Suncare & Clothes - they must have updated it to include frozen food recently.

Good deal.. got €7, so €14 on frozen food will come in handy.

No you'll only get €10, from my understanding of it you have to exchange the cc vouchers in €5 multiples :(

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

calex71 wrote: »
    No you'll only get €10, from my understanding of it you have to exchange the cc vouchers in €5 multiples :(
    Ah.. didn't notice that. Still happy with that anyways!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Try the Tesco own brand My Baby Nappy Cream, similar to Sudocreme, it's included in the voucher offer. It's only €1.25 for a 150ml pot all the time anyway.
    It is far cheaper than sudocrem, I started a thread about it before, the main ingredient in these creams is zinc oxide, which also treats sunburn and is a great sunblock too. I use it for eczema and psoriasis. It is more watery than sudocrem which I actually prefer.

I think some of the exclusions might be just to do with profitability on the items, or in the case of sudocrem it might be to get you to try tesco own brand.

I phoned Tesco Clubcard and they're going to re-issue all my out of date vouchers. So fair play to Tesco. :)
    Brilliant, must do this, do they have them on computer record that you never used them or do you have to go to the shop with them? I don't think I have thrown any of mine out.

• Advertisement

rubadub wrote: »
    .... Brilliant, must do this, do they have them on computer record that you never used them or do you have to go to the shop with them? I don't think I have thrown any of mine out.

Yeah they seem to have a list of all the recently expired vouchers and those near expiry. The customer service person I spoke with re-issued all the expired ones and asked if I wanted a few other unredeemed vouchers re-issued as well. I used the Clubcard freephone number, all very friendly and obliging, I was glad I phoned.

P.S. By the way they said they'll be re-issued in the next Clubcard Voucher mailing which is August I think. So it'll be too late for this voucher exchange deal. :(

No I meant the till will issue you an €10 exchange voucher for the out of date vouchers now. Its not supposed to but we tried it and it works. ;)

The medication that's excluded is because you can't promote medicines in Ireland. that seems to be why there's no clubcard points on medicines and baby milk in Ireland but there is everywhere else.

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Gregsor

Used the trade up offer for Frozen food yesterday,i got E30 for E15 in Clubcard vouchers,issued in 3 X E10 vouchers printed out on receipts.

Good deal if you have other vouchers too like Big Als and the likes to use too on top of them,gives me 3 more dinners per shop for the freezer for the next 3 weeks :D.

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭proulx

cannot get any age baby formula even though it says 0-6mths. I was told you cannot use them to get any baby food at all.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,650 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Nice, I have €35 in vouchers in the latest mail so that will be €70 in frozen food/suncream on Saturday...

proulx wrote: »
    cannot get any age baby formula even though it says 0-6mths. I was told you cannot use them to get any baby food at all.

Sorry, but they made a mistake, loads of people bought formula on Wednesday. My friend got 2 Aptamil 2.

http://www.tesco.ie/clubcardexchange/
    Excludes:
    0-6 months infant formulae milk and
    baby medication.#

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭proulx

Sorry, but they made a mistake, loads of people bought formula on Wednesday. My friend got 2 Aptamil 2.

http://www.tesco.ie/clubcardexchange/

That is so weird as had a discussion with the store manager about it as I said it was very misleading to only state 0-6mths excluded when all excluded. He said that was just to give people an idea of what was excluded and to ignore what it said. Very frustrating. Ah well still got nappies

• Registered Users Posts: 64,702 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Did this yesterday. I had €5.50 in vouchers. I got a €10 coupon for the €5.00 in vouchers and they credited the remaining €0.50 back to my account (it works only in multiples of €5)

I bought about €22 worth of frozen food (most half price) which set me back the coupon plus €2 :D

Used these today to buy a pair of shorts, just a warning for people who are planning on using them.

They made me specify what I was planning to spend them on, in my case clothing so I could not mix and match with food, which would have been handy for the next problem I had.

I had 2x10EU clothing vouchers, my shorts came to 18.50. It would not allow the girl to scan the 2nd 10eu voucher as I was spending less than was on them. SO they won't credit your account there. SO she said I can either use the voucher another time on something else or to go and grab a pair of socks and hold up the queue in the the process to get it over €20. I chose the socks :o

Sorry to the folks behind me in the Q

• Advertisement

Yes thats important, and all most of the sun cream is half price at €9.85..... so pick up a pack of tanning wipes too for 75c!

Single packs of socks are €1.25 in clothing!

Advertisement